NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Default How to handle a police interrogation. Legend of Jeff

I'm pro cop(I just wish the Dems wouldn't give them so many BS laws to enforce) but I'm pro freedom first so I like to see people exercising their American freedoms above all.

Obviously the best thing to do if a cop puts you in an interrogation room assuming you are guilty or they think you are guilty of a crime is to shut up and yell lawyer at the top of your lungs. The cops aren't in a position to help you no matter what they say so there's no point in talking to them unless you want to help them solve a crime.

But if you do talk to them, here's a couple examples of how to handle them perfectly.

The Legend of Jeff. A classic. I love how he shuts up the moment the cop says you have the right to remain silent and has the cop frustrated as hell.

These are long interrogations so don't watch unless you have time because you will need to watch the whole thing to appreciate all the nuances and highlights.

Legend of Jeff

A murder suspect with RRR3 hair being interviewed by a couple of redneck cops. He has them in fits while he remains perfectly calm. I love how one of the cops tells him to "Look at me when I'm talking to you". And the guy locks eyes with the detectives for 2.5 hours straight. In fact his torso literally almost doesn't move for hours. The cops rather have to avert their gaze from him because they are beyond frustrated with getting nowhere.

Default Re: How to handle a police interrogation. Legend of Jeff

Of course his name is Jeff, what else would it be?

Are you Fultznationrize? You're watching the same videos as me.

The 2nd one keeps popping up in my recommendation, because two days ago I watch this video, which is the opposite of how to handle an interrogation.

Since it is a long video, I'll copy and paste some of the posts.

"Negative" "affirmative" "female" etc. this guy is living in some kind of military fantasy
    "did you serve?"
    "affirmative, sir. 4 years, Neighbourhood Watch.
    Let me start a problem because I have a gun. Literally all I heard.
    The guy probably got himself decades in prison by talking for an hour.
    I don't think I have ever seen a better advertisement for getting a lawyer
    So he basically said "I can start an arguement with whoever I want cos I got a gun hyuk hyuk"?
    This guy was too stupid to recognize that he was being investigated and was instead so excited to perform for the guys around him.
    Nothing annoys a professional like an amateur pretending to be like them."

"“Negative”
    “Force multiplier”
    “21 foot rule”
    “Neutralize the threat”

This dude obviously believes he’s some sort of police/military.
    "My store"
    Sir, you aren't even EMPLOYED there
    He really thinks he’s a hero. Like he’s on the polices side. It’s just pitiful. He didn’t even see the man’s face. Lord.
    I watched this one last night. It's also a good watch

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

That first vid in the OP is good stuff, didn't expect to watch all of it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I've watched tons of jim can't swim breakdowns. Incredible stuff to watch, intelligent and informative. I'd much rather watch that than any TV series.

Also, it's easy to play it right when you're innocent. Human emotion always shines through in these cases unless you're dealing with a true psychopath. The first guy was clearly a junkie being set up, and the guy wasn't stupid. Every cue he gave showed he didn't do anything. The second guy stalked a girl for a long time, broke into her apartment, and strangled her to death. When he realized he was ****ed, he totally froze up. He emotionally shut down. There was no possible thing he could do to not react like that. He could've said nothing, requested a lawyer, and still would've been ****ed, the evidence was overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    The second guy stalked a girl for a long time, broke into her apartment, and strangled her to death. When he realized he was ****ed, he totally froze up. He emotionally shut down. There was no possible thing he could do to not react like that. He could've said nothing, requested a lawyer, and still would've been ****ed, the evidence was overwhelming.
    It's his hacksaw with her blood on it that did him in. I don't think he knew that at the time of interrogation. Like explained by the narrator, his hair in her apartment could be explained away easily as he and his friends were in her apartment earlier. He also believed the cops were grasping at straws when they said he killed her in his apartment because he had killed her in her own apartment.

Because he was a law student and did not think the cops had anything on him, I believe his emotional shut down was by design. It wasn't really him freezing up with hopelessness or thinking he was fvcked, rather him offering as little info as possible while at the same time appearing to be cooperative with the police and answering all their questions. I believe early on he also realized the cops were intellectually inferior and he had them on the ropes emotionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    It's his hacksaw with her blood on it that did him in. I don't think he knew that at the time of interrogation. Like explained by the narrator, his hair in her apartment could be explained away easily as he and his friends were in her apartment earlier. He also believed the cops were grasping at straws when they said he killed her in his apartment because he had killed her in her own apartment.

Because he was a law student and did not think the cops had anything on him, I believe his emotional shut down was by design. It wasn't really him freezing up with hopelessness or thinking he was fvcked, rather him offering as little info as possible while at the same time appearing to be cooperative with the police and answering all their questions. I believe early on he also realized the cops were intellectually inferior and he had them on the ropes emotionally.
    Nah he froze up. I followed that case. Look at his reaction when a reporter told him the cops found the body.

He nearly fainted.

Nah he froze up. I followed that case. Look at his reaction when a reporter told him the cops found the body.

He nearly fainted.
    He did seem caught off guard by the journalist but it looks like that was part of the act. Since it was already widely reported that day that the body was found he had to have already known about this fact.

Once he was in a police interrogation setting there was no point in acting anymore. Notice he was extremely emotional with the journalist but near catatonic and not forthcoming at all with the police. Total opposite characters. He suited his character to the different audiences. I'm glad this guy got caught but he played this just about perfect as far as talking goes. Fortunately, the physical evidence did him in. I'm guessing this guy had a very high IQ but was psychopathic

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    He did seem caught off guard by the journalist but it looks like that was part of the act. Since it was already widely reported that day that the body was found he had to have already known about this fact.

Once he was in a police interrogation setting there was no point in acting anymore. Notice he was extremely emotional with the journalist but near catatonic and not forthcoming at all with the police. Total opposite characters. He suited his character to the different audiences. I'm glad this guy got caught but he played this just about perfect as far as talking goes. Fortunately, the physical evidence did him in.
    In the beginning of the video he was optimistic and normal "him". You can clearly see the switch flip when the reporter mentions that. It was a clear emotional reaction... he went into an un-fakeable shock. And his going forward catatonic state was a direct result of his realization that he was ****ed for life. That was not an act at all. The narrator of the series you're watching here explains that very well in the video.

In the beginning of the video he was optimistic and normal "him". You can clearly see the switch flip when the reporter mentions that. It was a clear emotional reaction... he went into an un-fakeable shock. And his going forward catatonic state was a direct result of his realization that he was ****ed for life. That was not an act at all. The narrator of the series you're watching here explains that very well in the video.
    I don't believe that at all. The guy was extremely smart. He was answering all their questions but giving them nothing at the same time. If he knew he was already fvcked he have just lawyered up. Being a law student, he knew this better than just about anyone.

3 hours of interrogation, answered all their questions and he gave them NOTHING. Not to mention, he had both the redneck cops a frustrated wreck. This was calculated

You can be book smart but that doesn't mean shit when the emotions and guilt flood in.

He got LIFE dude. It was an open and shut case. He gave them plenty with that interview. He was in total shock and being toyed with. Those redneck cops had him by the balls and provided a case to the prosecutor that got him with the max sentence. Like I said before, it takes a true psychopath to override that. Not just a book smart fella. Casey Anthony is a great example. She was dumb as ****, but emotionally extremely in control and manipulative. A person capable of performing the most heinous of actions and acting like it was nothing. Most people cant do that.

You can be book smart but that doesn't mean shit when the emotions and guilt flood in.

He got LIFE dude. It was an open and shut case. He gave them plenty with that interview. He was in total shock and being toyed with. Those redneck cops had him by the balls and provided a case to the prosecutor that got him with the max sentence. Like I said before, it takes a true psychopath to override that. Not just a book smart fella. Casey Anthony is a great example. She was dumb as ****, but emotionally extremely in control and manipulative. A person capable of performing the most heinous of actions and acting like it was nothing. Most people cant do that.
    He got life on the forensics. Nothing in the police interrogation helped convict him, that I remember in the one time I watched it at least

Hmm maybe we're watching different interrogations. The one I saw, he gives them nothing at all. 95% of his answers are yes, no and I don't know. During the interrogation the DNA evidence on the hacksaw stain hasn't come in yet. He believes the cops have nothing on him. The cops on the other hand are beyond frustrated. It's only after the forensics evidence comes in days/weeks later, he takes a plea. IMO his demeanor in this interrogation is by design. If one who is guilty can answer all of a cop's questions, give them nothing at all and at the same time have not one, but both cops completely emotional and unfocused (listen to the personal insults after they get nowhere), that's pretty damn impressive. It wasn't just luck. I'm glad this guy got convicted but he couldn't have done the interrogation much better.

Maybe another poster can chime in on what they saw in this interrogation. I see him basically controlling the interrogation from the start with the cops becoming unprofessional and helpless.