Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: What is your wildest unpopular hot take NBA opinion that you believe to be true?

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I completely disagree about that. Imo KG was definitely better, and you could make solid arguments for McGrady, Kidd, Webber etc.
    KG has a case. Mcgrady and Webber do not.

Default Re: What is your wildest unpopular hot take NBA opinion that you believe to be true?

Jermaine O'neal was a legit Mvp caliber type of talent at his peak. Injuries derailed his career but he also never had the right attitude to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku View Post
    Lakers beat the Spurs in 2013 if Kobe doesn't tear his Achilles.
    You know what?

I never even considered that.
    Maybe it's nostalgia or maybe it's me forgetting how good the Spurs were,

But I think you're 100% right.

A big man can no longer be the 1st Option on Offense on a Finals Team anymore.

Last to be a legit #1 option was Dirk in 2011.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT View Post
    You know what?

I never even considered that.
    Maybe it's nostalgia or maybe it's me forgetting how good the Spurs were,

But I think you're 100% right.
    Maybe if Nash was healthy and played the whole series too.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    That raptors would be the new favorites in the east if the klaw didn't leave the team last year
    Very unpopular opinion for sure

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigtimeNBAFan View Post
    I agree to a point. People who fully discredit Russell and say he "played against construction workers" should look at the Celtics beat on their last title run. Teams with multiple hall of famers capped off by a finals win against the original big 3 of West/Wilt/Baylor. He would have been good in any era I have no doubt of that.

However 11 rings is asking a lot for a guy who wasn't the best offensively. He would have been a great all star and been a beast on the boards and blocked a lot of shots, but he would need to be on a team that could really score to win titles like he did back then.
    I watched Cousy's final game recently and Russell reminded me a lot of Gobert. Lakers were scared to attack him at the rim. Most of his blocks was him coming out on shooters in the mid range. That would be taken away today with spacing at the 3 point line. Their half court offense also revolved around his high screens. The difference is he wasn't diving to the rim. His hook shot wasn't much to get excited about. He wouldn't be doing that today either. He ran the floor nicely. Not sure why the Lakers didn't try to attack him in the pick and roll though?

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Kobe is #2 all time right after LeBron

1. LeBron
    2. Goatbe
    3. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Very unpopular opinion for sure
    I appreciate the banal sarcasm. Much.

Local High School Star

Jordan may have eventually won a second playoff game even if the Bulls hadn't traded for Pippen.

NBA All-star

it's better than the Olympics, only reverse racism happened and then the basketball world had to deal with Stephen Curry, and isn't giving a damn now that the Curry effect is affecting the rest of the world because we had already told them so.

Devin Booker is next up

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlayer View Post
    Jordan may have eventually won a second playoff game even if the Bulls hadn't traded for Pippen.

NBA sixth man of the year

Kawhi = GOAT

Manu or Tony Parker were spurs best player from 2005-2012

Shaq still received more defensive attention then Wade did in the 2006 playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    Darko was the second most talented player in the 2003 NBA draft and if he had, by chance, found the right coach to develop his psyche properly, he would have gone down as an all time NBA great. Hell it's entirely possible that if he had THE right NBA coach, he could have gone down as the best player in the 2003 NBA draft, as ridiculous as that sounds. The guy was talented af but he was very shaky psychologically and Lary Brown went ahead and dumped gasoline on the fire instead of trying to put it out.
    He didn't have any passion for the game even before the draft. For him it was a 9-5 job to earn money with. No coach in the world would've made him fall in love with basketball.