Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default What do the Clippers do now?

Lots of bashing but not many Ive not seen many constructive changes (maybe I missed as lots of gloating.)

What does a good GM do now?

Me

Fire Doc, never liked his coaching before but he's had too many underachieving years (versus talented rosters) now to not be fired.

I would also overhaul the roster around Leonard. Probably George to as too tough to move, but I listen to offers.

Harrell and Lou are over-rated in my view so would sell high.

Basically, only untouchable would be Leonard.

What would be the best roster around Leonard? (and noting that is a win now choice).

Default Re: What do the Clippers do now?

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer28 View Post
    Lots of bashing but not many Ive not seen many constructive changes (maybe I missed as lots of gloating.)

What does a good GM do now?

Me

Fire Doc, never liked his coaching before but he's had too many underachieving years (versus talented rosters) now to not be fired.

I would also overhaul the roster around Leonard. Probably George to as too tough to move, but I listen to offers.

Harrell and Lou are over-rated in my view so would sell high.

Basically, only untouchable would be Leonard.

What would be the best roster around Leonard? (and noting that is a win now choice).

why is kawhi untouchable?
    u wont trade him for giannis? luka? harden?

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

They just choked. They could keep the same roster if they want and do better next year. But it's more of a mindset of the players and the ability to perform. Change their mentality.

The only roster change they probably need is rim protection guy. They have Zubac, so the adjustment should be playing him more or get a person that could do it.

Doc arguable should go, but the Clips did choke. They missed shots that they should've made. No amount of coaching could change a miss wide open lay up or a miss dunk. The players have to come together. This depends on the leadership of the team. Maybe that's they need? More vets or leaders. I dunno. Regardless, they had the most talent in the league. They don't need to change anything except for their own mentality.

Keep Doc. Keep Kawhi. They need to land Giannis. Make PG the third banana, where he belongs.

That's basically it.

Can they keep Jackson and Morris?

Those mid season moves basically made them OP.

let jackson go trade for rose. might have to give up shamet but that's more than fine, they need some playmaking from pg

Yeah, jackson is a good all-star. The clippers should never let him go at all costs in order to secure their very bright future.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Not much. Leonard and Paul both have player options after next season, Lou is in the final year of his deal at the same time, and Montrez is a free agent this offseason.

They are a couple annoyed stars from being the Sterling Clippers again. Talk all you want about them losing in the second round...they are a team to be concerned about and a team that will be in the mix next year.

You just run it back.

Whatever minor moves are needed with the vets and all....do it. Bring Montrez back unless it would be like...insane money. And maybe even if it is. Ballmer has 80 billion....**** it. Try to win a title. If you win it next year get Leonard and George to sign back and go from there. If you dont its entirely possible all youre left with is an overpaid Harrell and a lot of cap space to get someone to make you respectable.

Whatever you do....you dont piss off Leonard or even George as much as you might mock him.

Miami can keep everyone who matters and still be 30+ million under the cap next summer. More if they let Dragic go. Not exactly sure how much now with covid but they have been prepping for Giannis to be a free agent next year for years. And if he doesnt come...you know Riley goes full court press after Kwahi.

Why annoy him and go back to being a joke franchise?

Run it back next year and see how it goes. Get Leonards input. Keep him happy. Thats all you can do. You cant even guarantee a title makes him happy enough to stay if you **** up his roster(as he may see it). He walked on one champion. He could do it again if the Heat get involved.

Trade Kawhi for Giannis and PG for Harden. That should get the Clippers past the second round.

I usually hit open layups

Trade PG13 for a proven facilitator. PG13 folds on every team he played when the stakes gets bigger. A great regular season guy, but a fake come playoff time. Kawhi needs a facilitator to run that set offense during crunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball r Us View Post
    Trade PG13 for a proven facilitator. PG13 folds on every team he played when the stakes gets bigger. A great regular season guy, but a fake come playoff time. Kawhi needs a facilitator to run that set offense during crunch time.
    Westbrook doesn't shrink from the moment.

Demote Doc to assistant coach or let him go.
    I guess from what is out there hire Billy Donovan.
    PG13 had a near MVP season under him.. and Donovan bloomed with out having to deal with westbrook this year
    he could do better this year with a stronger cast

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Run it back

Blow. It. Up.

Try again.