Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,080

    Default The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou W

    makes zero sense

    Vegas knew better and had the Lakers as favorites the entire time

    the media simply lied to legitimize lebron getting tim duncan as a teammate (handed the chamoionship)

  2. #2
    PM pics of spiderman Nilocon165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,190

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou


  3. #3
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,080

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilocon165 View Post
    translation: quit rubbing the truth in

  4. #4
    Made that high school varsity squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    743

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou

    Hey man that is great. Were you saying this all year? If you were, props to you. Most Lebron haters spent the year saying Kawhi was better and that the Clippers would beat the Lakers. It wasn't Lebron fans that were gushing about the greatness of Kawhi all season.

  5. #5
    truth serum sdot_thadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,719

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou

    How about I just leave this here....

    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...l-win-2020-MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    - AD is much better than people realize and is a more prominent physical force than 35-year lebron - people will quickly realize that it's AD's team and Bron better get him the ball and set him up good

    - PG13 just had his best season despite playing with ball-hog Westbrook - he'll have more time with the ball alongside Kawhi, who holds the ball half as much as Westbrook.. It's a testament to PG's great shooting and all-round scoring versatility that he was able to dominate alongside a ball-dominator like Westbrook - it shows that he's essentially another KD


    I choose AD . But it's tough because PG13 will get to play a lot of primary ball-handler for the first time in his career, so he'll average 30+ easy
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    PG13 just had his best season despite playing with ball-hog Westbrook - he'll have more time with the ball alongside Kawhi, who holds the ball half as much as Westbrook..

    PG13 will get to play a lot of primary ball-handler for the first time in his career, so he'll average 30+ easy

    It's a testament to PG's great shooting and all-round scoring versatility that he was able to dominate alongside a ball-dominator like Westbrook - it shows that he's essentially another KD

    I disagree - PG was great alongside Westbrook just like KD because he's on KD's level

    But KD was even better alongside non-ball-dominator Curry, and so will PG alongside Kawhi

    PG13 will explode alongside kawhi

    PG13 will likely average 30+ and MVP, if not for AD

  6. #6
    College star
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,758

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou

    And clippers were still a few shots away from beating nuggets in 5 games. They just couldn't overcome the 2 man lineup of Lou/Harrell. Roster tweaks this off-season should put them back on top or else Kawhi is leaving in 2021 off-season.

    But remember, this bubble hoop has a easy backboard that a 6th grader can make it on. You know those hoops you play pick up ball on that are way too easy to make it? Shooters gym is what they call it, that's what the bubble hoops are like. So Jamal Murray got hot for a stretch in front of no fans. Clippers will be back once they get out of this bubble crap.

  7. #7
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,908

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou

    Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    How about I just leave this here....

    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...l-win-2020-MVP


    Then there was the 47 page thread where 1-9ball and his disciples and other MJ stans swore PG was clearly better than a consensus top 30 all-time player (specially raving about his alpha alpha scoring ability). That was about a month ago. Now he is a bum?

  8. #8
    PM pics of spiderman Nilocon165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,190

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou

    Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    And clippers were still a few shots away from beating nuggets in 5 games. They just couldn't overcome the 2 man lineup of Lou/Harrell. Roster tweaks this off-season should put them back on top or else Kawhi is leaving in 2021 off-season.

    But remember, this bubble hoop has a easy backboard that a 6th grader can make it on. You know those hoops you play pick up ball on that are way too easy to make it? Shooters gym is what they call it, that's what the bubble hoops are like. So Jamal Murray got hot for a stretch in front of no fans. Clippers will be back once they get out of this bubble crap.
    Lol youíre making it way too easy for people to know youíre just trolling

  9. #9
    NBA Superstar 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,797

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou

    Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    How about I just leave this here....

    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...l-win-2020-MVP

  10. #10
    Local High School Star light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    makes zero sense

    Vegas knew better and had the Lakers as favorites the entire time

    the media simply lied to legitimize lebron getting tim duncan as a teammate (handed the chamoionship)
    No you're missing important elements to that conversation - Kawhi Leonard and Paul George.

    - George just came off finishing 3rd in MVP. When the season started he was considered to be a better sidekick than Anthony Davis.

    - Leonard just came off a Finals MVP. When the season started he was considered to be a better player than LeBron James.

    Those are the primary reasons why the masses thought the Clippers were better.

    The depth argument came after those two considerations and made it seem like the Clippers were the clear choice.

  11. #11
    College star
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,758

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilocon165 View Post
    Lol you’re making it way too easy for people to know you’re just trolling
    Its easier to make it on bubble hoops then it is on normal nba hoops. So the variance for guys like Mitchell/Murray having great games is all over the place. Plus the no fans factor. I'm just throwing out a theory, I'm not claming it as fact.

    Kawhi was also shooting a career high 55% FG on 2 point attempts

  12. #12
    Very good NBA starter NBAGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    8,962

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou

    Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    How about I just leave this here....

    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...l-win-2020-MVP
    he canít even respond to this one

  13. #13
    Keeper of the Truth Gray GOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    394

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou

    Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    How about I just leave this here....

    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...l-win-2020-MVP

  14. #14
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,908

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou

    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    No you're missing important elements to that conversation - Kawhi Leonard and Paul George.

    - George just came off finishing 3rd in MVP. When the season started he was considered to be a better sidekick than Anthony Davis.

    - Leonard just came off a Finals MVP. When the season started he was considered to be a better player than LeBron James.

    Those are the primary reasons why the masses thought the Clippers were better.

    The depth argument came after those two considerations and made it seem like the Clippers were the clear choice.
    Not only that, Kawhi and PG were joining a core that won 48 games and took 2 games off the Warriors in the first round when they had SGA, Gallo in the roster spots vacated to make room for Kawhi and PG. Davis was a team that won 35 games and shipped off Ingram (who 1-9ball said is a top 10-12 all-time scorer), Ball, and Hart to acquire Davis. The Clippers roster was intact, outside of swapping the SGA/Gallo for Kawhi/PG.

  15. #15
    College star
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,758

    Default Re: The Lakers have AD, yet the media said Clippers were better because they had Lou

    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    Not only that, Kawhi and PG were joining a core that won 48 games and took 2 games off the Warriors in the first round when they had SGA, Gallo in the roster spots vacated to make room for Kawhi and PG. Davis was a team that won 35 games and shipped off Ingram (who 1-9ball said is a top 10-12 all-time scorer), Ball, and Hart to acquire Davis. The Clippers roster was intact, outside of swapping the SGA/Gallo for Kawhi/PG.
    You have to look at the context though.

    Clippers got rid of the only reasons they were decent (Gallo and Shai).

    Lakers got rid of their garbage (Ingram, Lonzo, Hart) and replaced him with arguably the best big man in the league. LeBron also only played about half the season in 2019.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •