Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Resident Evil 8: Village

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    This looks interesting... Is there anything I need to play prior to this or is this a standalone

I've never really played a RE game before
    Nah

They are all standalone games that only interrlink re-using a couple character names (Re7 is your character in Re8)

But the are all separate adventures, which are all way diff. 1 - 3 good, 4 meh, 5-6 yikes, 7 - 8 good again.

Only think that interlinks is Big Pharma company tries to develop super bio weapon, makes super zombie zombie things = bad

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh View Post
    Nah

They are all standalone games that only interrlink re-using a couple character names (Re7 is your character in Re8)

But the are all separate adventures, which are all way diff. 1 - 3 good, 4 meh, 5-6 yikes, 7 - 8 good again.

Only think that interlinks is Big Pharma company tries to develop super bio weapon, makes super zombie zombie things = bad
    Ok im going to get the bundle which has Re7 & 8

Plz tell me the controls are good tho, I remember playing one of the earlier games when I was younger and hated it because the controls were so clunky
    Last edited by Manny98; 05-15-2021 at 07:25 PM.

Ok im going to get the bundle which has Re7 & 8

Plz tell me the controls are good tho, I remember playing one of the earlier games when I was younger and hated it because the controls were so clunky
    that's a killer combo you can't go wrong.

controls are easy now, 7+8 are just typical first person controls. the other 2+3 remasters last year were over the shoulder 3rd person like GOW/witcher controls, the originals you played were most likely tank controls that aren't used anymore and ye they sucked

Manny you try Detroit or Until Dawn in the PS collection yet? They're niche heavy dialogue/choice making games that are both real good

But Until Dawn is phenomenal, I couldn't believe how much I like that game and you can knock it out in a weekend quick

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Manny you try Detroit or Until Dawn in the PS collection yet? They're niche heavy dialogue/choice making games that are both real good

But Until Dawn is phenomenal, I couldn't believe how much I like that game and you can knock it out in a weekend quick
    I tried Detroit, couldn't get into it but I played Heavy Rain which was made by the same developer and loved it

I played Until Dawn on the PS4 and I enjoyed it as well, they need to make more games like that

I tried Detroit, couldn't get into it but I played Heavy Rain which was made by the same developer and loved it

I played Until Dawn on the PS4 and I enjoyed it as well, they need to make more games like that
    The Until Dawn people made Dark Pictures Anthology

first two games, Little Hope and Man of Medan released the past couple years with meh reviews

Both were mediocre and downgrades from Until Dawn

I didn't enjoy Detroit: BH as much either.

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
    The Until Dawn people made Dark Pictures Anthology

first two games, Little Hope and Man of Medan released the past couple years with meh reviews

Both were mediocre and downgrades from Until Dawn

I didn't enjoy Detroit: BH as much either.
    Here's the upcoming new one

Thorp/Glid did you guys run through it yet?

It's up there with RE7 for me, I like both 7 and 8 lot for very different reasons but thought 8 was done just as well

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I'm up to the mini-boss before the last two bosses. I'm being meticulous with my endgame preparation. I run back to the save point after I collect a few items and try to collect as much ammo as possible. I plan to run it again with some infinite ammo weapons.

I'm enjoying RE8 more than RE7. The creep factor and jump scares had me on the edge of my seat with RE7. I'm digging the more actiony feel of RE8.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22 View Post
    I'm up to the mini-boss before the last two bosses. I'm being meticulous with my endgame preparation. I run back to the save point after I collect a few items and try to collect as much ammo as possible. I plan to run it again with some infinite ammo weapons.

I'm enjoying RE8 more than RE7. The creep factor and jump scares had me on the edge of my seat with RE7. I'm digging the more actiony feel of RE8.
    I had the 1911, tac shotty, sniper all max'd halfway after Bienvenido's house, i'm like you and slow play it crazy on the first run. Gotta peep every nook n cranny, recheck youtube if i missed items. Back track the same house 15 times.

Average person finishes RE games in 10-15 hrs on the first run? Mine are like 25-30hrs, easily. Open world games, 100+ hrs

I had the 1911, tac shotty, sniper all max'd halfway after Bienvenido's house, i'm like you and slow play it crazy on the first run. Gotta peep every nook n cranny, recheck youtube if i missed items. Back track the same house 15 times.

Average person finishes RE games in 10-15 hrs on the first run? Mine are like 25-30hrs, easily. Open world games, 100+ hrs
    I'm about to fight the last boss. I'm maxed out on the 1911 and parts. Tac shotty got the parts and maxed out in power only. Same with the Sniper. Damn is it expensive to upgrade wolfsbane....and it hurts to miss a shot with it too.

Did you or are you doing a second playthrough?

I'm about to fight the last boss. I'm maxed out on the 1911 and parts. Tac shotty got the parts and maxed out in power only. Same with the Sniper. Damn is it expensive to upgrade wolfsbane....and it hurts to miss a shot with it too.

Did you or are you doing a second playthrough?
    Never enjoyed replay runs or pay attention to trophy hunting.

12+ months is about the time window I forget ingame locations/items and can enjoy it again. I just can't speedrun games over n over like some do. If i'm bored, i shelf it.

It got me on horror binge now and started up Evil Within 2 yesterday. Never played the first or 2nd one, it's kinda got a Max Pain/Control paranormal. I'm just not that interested like I was for re8. Hearing real good things about Returnal though so i might jump on that

I played both Evil Withins. The second one a few months ago. They're good, just not as good as RE. I would still put them up there with some of my best horror series.

I played both Evil Withins. The second one a few months ago. They're good, just not as good as RE. I would still put them up there with some of my best horror series.
    That's why I copped it bc mostly everyone says this, good just a tier below RE. I still have to play Outlast 1-2 as well

Have you tried SOMA yet? I thought that was real well done even though it's more pyscho thriller than horror. Same with Observer

My fav last gen was Alien: Isolation. idk that game just hit different and was real nightmare fuel. Something about that 1 hit kill health and the Alien learning behavior made everything so intense. You couldn't learn its pattern like most bosses, it adaped and reacted off how the players patterns. Never played anything like that

@ 8:20