Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron's true talent is without the bulldozing

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115 View Post
    He does get away with offensive fouls, but did you just say that even Stan Van Gundy called him "Strong "?

What does the "even" mean?

What I'm saying is that Lebron clearly bulldozed his way and knocked the defender down. Van Gundy was making an excuse saying that Lebron is strong and he bulldozes. But then he kind of admitted that it was an offensive foul.

I truly believe Lebron is playing football on the basketball court. How are you supposed to stop that when all the advantage goes to his style of play? There's no counter to that and you get called for a foul if you try to play eye for an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce View Post
    You guys are bitching about a guy who's bigger stronger faster...

Get in the gym or realize that player just has the ultimate advantage. Grant's not strong enough...
    God damn you are stupid

dude he's been like that for basically his entire career.

Do you think I just randomly hate some dude in the NBA for no good reason? NO ONE in nba history has been as untouchable according to the refs as lebron. The guy has never even remotely come close to fouling out in the playoffs, you think that's just some coincidence? There's a reason he pouts like the little girl inside that he is when something doesn't go his way. As much as I despise jordan and kobe, usually those guys will point a finger up saying, "yep I hit him" and own up to it. This dude literally thinks he can do wrong and if a foul gets called on him, the ref was obviously blind. Kobe would cry about this stuff as well, which is why I started not liking him. But never ever did he remotely come close to the point that james is.

This kind of stuff is why his entire career is one big sham. Regardless of who is on his team or not, the guy literally hulk hogan's his way to the rim and the refs just sit there and watch. He travels at will, stiff arms at will, shove people and no one bats a fcking eye.

It's a circus as far as i'm concerned and people are just flat out stupid if they can't see it.

His own fans won't even acknowledge this shit, and it's a big reason why I can't stand him.

"
    Quote:
    Still, we've never seen anything like this. Especially at a time when it is generally agreed with rules changes it is the most difficult time to defend on the perimeter without committing fouls.

James is averaging 1.72 fouls per game in an average of 37.9 minutes per game. James hasn't even been in foul trouble one game this season. He never has had more than four fouls called on him in a game, and since March 1 is being called for fewer than 1.3 fouls per game.

In 12 of the 20 games since then, James has been called for one or zero fouls in a game. James had a stretch of five straight games to conclude March averaging 36.8 minutes per game without being called for one foul. Not one in five games! In the last nine games, James has been called for three personal fouls. It's really amazing given the involvement James has in the action of the game.

"It's impossible," said one team executive."
    Last edited by paksat; 09-22-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post

Do you think I just randomly hate some dude in the NBA for no good reason? NO ONE in nba history has been as untouchable according to the refs as lebron. The guy has never even remotely come close to fouling out in the playoffs, you think that's just some coincidence? There's a reason he pouts like the little girl inside that he is when something doesn't go his way. As much as I despise jordan and kobe, usually those guys will point a finger up saying, "yep I hit him" and own up to it. This dude literally thinks he can do wrong and if a foul gets called on him, the ref was obviously blind. Kobe would cry about this stuff as well, which is why I started not liking him. But never ever did he remotely come close to the point that james is.

This kind of stuff is why his entire career is one big sham. Regardless of who is on his team or not, the guy literally hulk hogan's his way to the rim and the refs just sit there and watch. He travels at will, stiff arms at will, shove people and no one bats a fcking eye.

It's a circus as far as i'm concerned and people are just flat out stupid if they can't see it.

His own fans won't even acknowledge this shit, and it's a big reason why I can't stand him.

"
    Quote:
    Still, we've never seen anything like this. Especially at a time when it is generally agreed with rules changes it is the most difficult time to defend on the perimeter without committing fouls.

James is averaging 1.72 fouls per game in an average of 37.9 minutes per game. James hasn't even been in foul trouble one game this season. He never has had more than four fouls called on him in a game, and since March 1 is being called for fewer than 1.3 fouls per game.

In 12 of the 20 games since then, James has been called for one or zero fouls in a game. James had a stretch of five straight games to conclude March averaging 36.8 minutes per game without being called for one foul. Not one in five games! In the last nine games, James has been called for three personal fouls. It's really amazing given the involvement James has in the action of the game.

Someone give this guy a medal

Local High School Star

LeBron's definitely regressed as a scorer this year.

His jumper is just something he's never truly gotten down to the point of supreme confidence.

Between 2012 and 2018 though he'd have his midrange jumper going in the high-30s or low-40s, sometimes even mid-40s, and it made all the difference. It was a reliable weapon he could go to and even dominate with. Right now he keeps passing the ball around. It's just kind of disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    You're an idiot, we get it.

This is what normal people refer to as a blocking foul.

Looks like a charge to me.

Hits his shoulder right into the middle of his chest and defender does a good job sliding.

LeBron does get away with charges, but so do a bunch of guys in the league. I feel it is one of the rules so often screwed up, but an NBA refs job is hard and I think overall they do a fairly decent job.

Pretending that Bron gets the benefit from the refs (aside from not getting techs like any other mainstream star) is laughable though. The amount of times you see outstretched arms hitting him and just bouncing off with no call is staggering. I remember in the Heat-Thunder series back in 2012 the amount of times Durant would straight up slap him and nothing would get called. This has been a constant throughout his career.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    He gets a lot of his easy points by just bulldozing his way to the rim. Last game, he couldn't get the fast break dunk because his defender caught him in foot speed, so you know Lebron isn't as fast as before. However, Lebron makes sure to ''emphasize'' his dunks when he gets them now because he wants to show us that he isn't done. If he really had his athleticism he wouldn't have to try to make his dunks look extra powerful. He does look heavier and so his hang time isn't the same.

But the way he plays and bulldozes to the rim is shameful. That isn't basketball. Even Van Gundy called him ''strong'' the way he uses his shoulders. Honestly, Lebron should average at least 3 extra fouls each game. Bulldozing is the reason he's able to keep his stats high. He isn't a good post up player, not a good shooter, and doesn't seem to have many go2 moves, other than just bulldozing his defenders.

He really is more like a 22 to 23 point scorer. That's what he would be averaging if the officiating wasn't tailored for his game. Not one other player plays that kinda style and its not right.
    That's rich. If the refs call fouls on Bron like they should, Lebron would average 35 points with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post

"
    Quote:

Maybe you didn't get NBA games in Pakistan before Lebron's era but this shit's been going on for every superstar since at least the early 80's.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    It really is mind blowing that someone could watch that clip, and come to the conclusion that the guy who got perfectly in front and was violently slammed 15 feet backwards... was the one that committed the foul. It's absolutely... insane.

It's getting to the point where if Lebron threw an Earl Campbell style haymaker at a dude while he ran at the rim, and knocked him out cold.. they'd still argue it as a block because he didn't teleport into position.
    Posting that gif is slow motion and claiming that it's a defensive foul is hilarious.

Like I said before, Lebron fans are a special type of loyal...it's weird af.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

As a defender, it makes you stop taking charges if it's gonna be an automatic blocking foul.

I'm sure after game 1 and 2, the office made some calls about how obvious some of that shit was.