Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Appropriate reaction or dereliction of duty?

You giving Bogut a pass for not boxing out or generally continuing to play in that situation?

Lets say you’re the coach.

Do you bring that up in film sessions and chew him out? Or is it ok because it was the “Baby faced assassin”, Mr.400, Professor “Bang!” aka The Peach Fuzz Pistol, aka Deadshot, aka the Dell Son, aka The Long Ranger aka The Yellow Panther, Mr.Undisputed himself Steph Curry?

Does that make it ok to stop playing and run off like that?

Default Re: Appropriate reaction or dereliction of duty?

Yeah its a strange one.

I mean, regular season game, first quarter, already 10 up, let the guys have a bit of fun hey?

Behind closed doors, maybe a light hearted "its probably not a great look", but nothing too serious, want to keep player morale high.

Its not like he would have done it in a crucial moment.

What are your thoughts, Blaze?

Decent college freshman

He made it. I would tell him he's lucky he made it with my trademark mean look, obviously bring it up. I would understand if a coach chewed him out for it too but it's still bogut who isn't a dummy and steph effin curry at the end of the day.. and it went in. College, high school or youth ball? That's where you sit their ass down.

Definitely a pass in this situation.

At the start of the gif Bogut has already secured an offensive rebound and is passing out for an open shot where his own momentum is also carrying him before he runs fully away.
    If you want him to rebound again at that point, you'd be asking him to try and change his momentum back and then contest alone against 4 defenders. Most offensive rebounds don't come from size alone, but much more from getting the defense to move around in rotations and thus out of position when a shot goes up. If you wonder how Houston gets a lot of offensive rebounds without anyone taller than 6'6, this would be the reason.

Getting another rebound there is wishful thinking and the energy is better spent running towards his own basket and claim defensive position, where he'd be missed if he got caught behind the defensive rebounders after them getting the rebound.

Since it doesn't make sense to go for the offensive rebound for Bogut in this situation, he might as well show some confidence in the best shooter in the world while also working to get the crowd involved(this is part of their team culture), helping to make the franchise more popular by creating a nice live environment for the fans, a better product and all that.

Would it be different if the defense was out of position and there'd be a good chance of Bogut or someone else securing another rebound? Of course, but good teams make these reads and for the same reason none of the other GS players are going for the rebound either.

His hustle play that resulted into a wide open shot is a good enough excuse.

I give him a pass on that one. Especially the way the warriors were playing back then. The joy was essential.

The warriors free wheeling joyous style is the only thing that would give me pause before I chewed him out. I’m sure I’d tell him to never do it again but I wouldn’t make a scene of it.

Why are you singling out Bogut like Draymond didn't also disappear from the frame?

And where is their 5th player? lol.

They've got 3 guys heading the other way already.
    Last edited by Shogon; 09-24-2020 at 01:40 PM.

I thought your post would be about Ron Artest doing the same thing on a Reggie Miller game winner(it was a big late shot at least). I feel like you talked about that once and I remember the play but I couldn’t find it for the life of me.

I never could find that gif/video again for some reason.

****ing classic especially because of the camera angle.

If i was coach, I'd bang his gf just to teach him lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    The warriors free wheeling joyous style is the only thing that would give me pause before I chewed him out. I’m sure I’d tell him to never do it again but I wouldn’t make a scene of it.
    Chew him out for what though, being cocky? That was their style(though I didn't like it), you think Kerr ever told them to tone it down?

Does that make it ok to stop playing and run off like that?
    Yeah.

Also, 1st quarter in a regular season game against Orlando makes it ok.

You laugh and say "haha, never do that again, though, for real." It's like if you're a teacher when a student who's normally solid says something sassy but it's really funny. You have to tip your hat and your admonishment must be light-hearted.