Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: When is everyone planning to retire? Using IRAs? 401k? Self-directed investing?

Using an ak47.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: When is everyone planning to retire? Using IRAs? 401k? Self-directed investing?

I gave my step kids the advise I would give anyone...

Roth Ira is the best / pay the tax's and reap the benefits when you need the cash.
    401's a solid , but be flexible --- if you have guts gamble and go in high risk.... rewards are high.
    And lastly - look at the economy --- lumber prices are sky high , if you invested in public saw mills like Weyhauser and the other two , you will
    be profitable.
    use a consoler to educate you !!

Going all in on Ankr

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove View Post
    Going all in on Ankr
    ANKR down about 50% since you posted this.

@fultz/starface

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    Even if you have $20,000,000 in the bank... don't ever retire
    If I had $20,000,000 at my young age, or even when I hit my mid 30s, I would retire without hesitation. Imagine the amount of extra money you can make every year if you put the $20,000,000 into high yielding dividend stocks. On average, people who make money from dividends will see about a 2.5-4% return every year. Let's just you earn 3% from the $20m every year. That's 600,000 a year, not including taxes. And that's not even taking into account how much those dividend stocks will grow over time, which would give you a higher return every year for 3%. With that kind of money, me and my family could easily live an insanely good life without ever having to work again. No ****ing chance I'd waste my time still working if I had that much in the bank. I'd spend my time travelling, chilling at home, enjoying my hobbies, and overall just spending lots of time with family and friends.

College superstar

If I go by priority
    1. Free money - max out matching 401k if available
    2. Growth - max out Roth IRA
    3. Tax advantage - increase 401k contribution above matching
    4. Taxable brokerage accounts