Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    2nd Greatest Player Lebron23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Land of 6 NBA titles
    Posts
    56,351

    Default Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    Besides his choked job against the Grizzlies in 2011. TD missing a layup in the nba finals was arguably his worst performance as a player. Just like Patrick Ewing air balling a layup against the Pacers in 1995. Was Duncan nervous when he missed the layup, or just too old??
    Last edited by Lebron23; 09-24-2020 at 07:26 PM.

  2. #2
    Great college starter
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,598

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    He was rattled by Shane Battier I guess? He flat out choked and cost his team the championship. Duncan only had to average 12PPG in the 2014 finals 3 game winning streak as well.

    Kawhi wasn't going to win finals mvp, so I'm glad Duncan choked. Every kawhi ring needs him as finals MVP or bust.

  3. #3
    Great college starter
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,598

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals



    Duncan's face at 45 seconds had choke written all over it.

  4. #4
    9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    leTop1
    Posts
    6,297

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    He was rattled by Shane Battier I guess? He flat out choked and cost his team the championship. Duncan only had to average 12PPG in the 2014 finals 3 game winning streak as well.

    Kawhi wasn't going to win finals mvp, so I'm glad Duncan choked. Every kawhi ring needs him as finals MVP or bust.
    you are 3ball

    no one else look at a playoff series but takes stats from only 3 games only idiots like you and him

    HBK = 3ball

    confirmed idiot
    Last edited by And1AllDay; 09-24-2020 at 08:53 PM.

  5. #5
    Presented by YouTubeTV SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,338

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Kawhi wasn't going to win finals mvp, so I'm glad Duncan choked. Every kawhi ring needs him as finals MVP or bust.
    He sure did his best to help by missing critical FT's and letting LeBron bury clutch jumpers in his face

  6. #6
    Great college starter
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,598

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    He sure did his best to help by missing critical FT's and letting LeBron bury clutch jumpers in his face
    Luckily they gave kawhi the ball in 2014 and spurs won by record breaking margain. LeBron was trash in both series vs spurs anyway

  7. #7
    Great college starter
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,598

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay View Post
    you are 3ball

    no one else look at a playoff series but takes stats from only 3 games only idiots like you and him

    HBK = 3ball

    confirmed idiot
    3/4 wins is majority of the wins.

  8. #8
    9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    leTop1
    Posts
    6,297

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Luckily they gave kawhi the ball in 2014 and spurs won by record breaking margain. LeBron was trash in both series vs spurs anyway
    Kawhiandre Iggy scored 17.8, outscored by Parker for the series

    plus kawhit had 9 turnovers and 10 assists...yikes

    next question

  9. #9
    9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    leTop1
    Posts
    6,297

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    3/4 wins is majority of the wins.
    idiot make a new alt

    kawhi showed us why mike would just be ok in this modern era

    good job good effort

  10. #10
    RENT FREE Spurs m8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,858

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    Who cares, it gave him more fire to win 2014 (by a record margin mind you)....

    It also took a Ray allan bailout shot from a rebound that ya boy bricked.

    He also has 5 rings and 3 fmvp...and didn't have to collude to do it.

  11. #11
    Linja Status Whoah10115's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,662

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    Patrick didn't airball the layup. It bounced and rolled out.

    Great move, missed the easy part. Crazy. Duncan's was worse.

    Multiple things saving LeBron's ring.

  12. #12
    High School Varsity 6th Man
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    752

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay View Post
    Kawhiandre Iggy scored 17.8, outscored by Parker for the series

    plus kawhit had 9 turnovers and 10 assists...yikes

    next question
    LOL @ winning a Finals MVP on a 17.8/6.4/2.0 statline. Cedric Maxwell's 17.7/9.5/2.8 1981 Finals MVP takes a huge dump on Kawhi's 2014 one.

  13. #13
    Great college starter
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,598

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay View Post
    Kawhiandre Iggy scored 17.8, outscored by Parker for the series

    plus kawhit had 9 turnovers and 10 assists...yikes

    next question
    Kawhi averaged 24PPG in the 3 straight wins to Duncan's 12PPG. That 3 game stretch was what won the series.

  14. #14
    College star rmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,005

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Besides his choked job against the Grizzlies in 2011. TD missing a layup in the nba finals was arguably his worst performance as a player. Just like Patrick Ewing air balling a layup against the Pacers in 1995. Was Duncan nervous when he missed the layup, or just too old??
    Surely you aren't referring to the game where Duncan had 24 points 12 rebs 2 asst 4 stl 1 blk - if that's his worst performance as a player, I'll take that. And maybe the 36 year old body was tired after playing 43:10mins.

  15. #15
    College star rmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,005

    Default Re: Tim Duncan missing a wide open layup in Game 7 of the 2013 nba finals

    Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    He was rattled by Shane Battier I guess? He flat out choked and cost his team the championship. Duncan only had to average 12PPG in the 2014 finals 3 game winning streak as well.

    Kawhi wasn't going to win finals mvp, so I'm glad Duncan choked. Every kawhi ring needs him as finals MVP or bust.
    I guess they all choked then:

    2013 NBA Finals
    Duncan 18.9 pts 12.1 rebs 1.4 asst 1.4 blks
    Parker 15.7 pts 1.9 rebs 6.4 asst 1 stl
    Leonard 14.6 pts 11.1 rebs 0.9 asst 2 stl
    Danny Green 14 pts 4.1 rebs 1 stl 1.6 blks
    Manu 11.6 pts 2.1 rebs 4.3 asst 0.7 stl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •