Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: Is Michael Jordan the most offensively skilled player of all-time?

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Yo how many accounts does Coach have?
    One for every imaginary kid on his imaginary aau team

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieQuitting View Post
    Trying to match Jeff aka Simon aka Wheels. Since for awhile, oddly and un coincidentally it was only LeBron Stan trolls or alts being granted new membership. Hmmm
    Coach you idiot

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieQuitting View Post
    Trying to match Jeff aka Simon aka Wheels. Since for awhile, oddly and un coincidentally it was only LeBron Stan trolls or alts being granted new membership. Hmmm
    Why would you want to do that? There's literally hundreds of other things you could do better with your time.

Get your shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Why would you want to do that? There's literally hundreds of other things you could do better with your time.

Get your shit together.
    Yeah, like fiercely defending MJ's "short"comings.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Not really he's a great ball handler and playmaker as well
    Oh really. How many go-ahead shots did he make then during crucial playoff situations?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation View Post
    He had a 50/40/90 season on 30 ppg and GOAT level offensive gravity.
    Is he reliable in taking go-ahead shots during the playoffs tho

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

He’s the best scorer I’ve ever seen but too much of that was related to his insane athletic ability to say other great offensive players without his physical ability were less skilled. When a guy like Nash is a better ball handler, passer, and pure shooter and MJs advantages are many things that were helped by being a god athletically how do I argue he has more offensive skill?

Heres the thing though....

The whole idea of what people would be minus the primary things needed in athletics(some form of athletic ability) is stupid.

Nobody is lesser because they do whatever they do with superior speed, strength, hops, hands, hand eye coordination or whatever. There is no curve. You are your total package.

Jordan was at or near the top tier skills wise and at the very top as an athlete which made him so unstoppable.

What he’d be in Stan Van Gundys body is irrelevant. It doesn’t matter what Deion Sanders would’ve been with a 4.7 40, what Babe Ruth would be without almost inhuman hand eye coordination, or Lance Armstrong if he didn’t have the lung capacity of someone born on Mt.Everest(he cheated too but so did that whole sport).

All that matters is what you are.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PoutinPippin View Post
    Agreed. And steroids. And Michael retiring twice. Jordan had better durability than LeBron. Played virtually all 82 nearly every season. His accumulative stats would be absurd as well. I mean is Karl Malone > Barkley, Dirk, Garnett and Duncan?
    Let's be honest. MJ probably hopped on the juice summer of 89. Tim Grover, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    He’s the best scorer I’ve ever seen but too much of that was related to his insane athletic ability to say other great offensive players without his physical ability were less skilled. When a guy like Nash is a better ball handler, passer, and pure shooter and MJs advantages are many things that were helped by being a god athletically how do I argue he has more offensive skill?

Heres the thing though....

The whole idea of what people would be minus the primary things needed in athletics(some form of athletic ability) is stupid.

Nobody is lesser because they do whatever they do with superior speed, strength, hops, hands, hand eye coordination or whatever. There is no curve. You are your total package.

Jordan was at or near the top tier skills wise and at the very top as an athlete which made him so unstoppable.

What he’d be in Stan Van Gundys body is irrelevant. It doesn’t matter what Deion Sanders would’ve been with a 4.7 40, what Babe Ruth would be without almost inhuman hand eye coordination, or Lance Armstrong if he didn’t have the lung capacity of someone born on Mt.Everest(he cheated too but so did that whole sport).

All that matters is what you are.
    It doesn't matter as a total package but it totally matters when we're isolating skills.

Shaq had a monster body but his skills were much worse than, say, Tyler Herro. So to say Shaq was more offensively skilled than Herro would be incorrect. To say Shaq was a much better offensive player would be correct.

Facts Are Misleading

The players who have as much or more skill are guys with OK to below average athletic ability. They had to develop the skills otherwise they wouldn't be very good.

Jordan mastered the fundamentals of the game + being the best basketball athlete I've ever seen.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

He was the best combination of skills and althetic ability.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

It doesn't matter as a total package but it totally matters when we're isolating skills.

Sure. There’s just little reason to do it because it has zero to do with basketball.

Yes Kobe with old man knees shoots 35%. Even supreme skill guys like Nash were average or a little above at the end when their body goes.

You can’t split up skills and the body needed to apply them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    simply put, no. i will explain later in further detail, but the short answer is a resounding no. even KD is superior to MJ in scoring.
    Depends on what court they're playing on.
    If it's a court with a normal 3-point line, which was out of Jordan's range, then Durant is a better scorer.
    If it's a court with a nerfed 3-point line like between 1994-1997 where Jordan was a great 3-point shooter, then I'd take Jordan's scoring.

"Offensively skilled" also includes passing ability though, and LeBron's combination of scoring + passing is greater than Jordan's. Or any other player's in history for that matter.