Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: Top 25 Player of All-Time - [By Position] - voting to begin after the 2020 NBA Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer View Post
    I definitely know Pippen at least.

Pippen was a pretty good SF. He could pass the ball well, and finish at the rim decently. He wasnīt a excellent scorer by any means though. He was a lockdown defender though.
    He was a good all round scorer but ppl now don't rate anybody who doesn't lead league in scoring

Default Re: Top 25 Player of All-Time - [By Position] - voting to begin after the 2020 NBA Fi

Quote Originally Posted by aceman View Post
    He was a good all round scorer but ppl now don't rate anybody who doesn't lead league in scoring
    Yep. Itīs more than scoring points. Itīs how you create for others and for yourself and how you impact the team stat wise.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay View Post
    your a moron ,everyone gets a vote and thats their opinion you cant regulate them and play god

idiot accept them all
    FYI to OP this guy (simon) has a bunch of alts so don't count his votes.

Aka

And1AllDay
    scuzzy
    Lambruh
    FireDavidKahn
    TheCorporation
    TheGoatest
    Dray n Klay
    SpaceJam2

They're all the same person.

top 25 is way too much imo.

I think top 11-20 is a more interesting conversation at this point. The top 10 is gonna have the same people for the majority regardless of their ranking within that space.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Will the Jordan troll votes count?

Or will you be biased towards Jordan votes without reasoning... I have a feeling you will

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I think top 11-20 is a more interesting conversation at this point. The top 10 is gonna have the same people for the majority regardless of their ranking within that space.
    I also agree with this.

I wanna see how Kobe, Pippen, and Malone shake out on here.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    top 25 is way too much imo.
    25 is not a lot. 100 would be a lot.

Things always get interesting after you get away from the normal names that are always mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Will the Jordan troll votes count?

Or will you be biased towards Jordan votes without reasoning... I have a feeling you will
    What is a Jordan troll vote?
    Voting will be done by groups of 5.
    So, you'll vote your top 5 Shooting Guards of All-Time.
    After everyone votes their 5, I'll tally them up.
    After a top 5 is selected via votes, it'll be 6-10.
    Is James Harden in the top 5 SG list yet? Where dies McGrady, Reggie Miller rank in all of this?

It'll be fun if people play along the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Things always get interesting after you get away from the normal names that are always mentioned.
    Yes, more or less my point. And I think there's a lot more variance in peoples list in that window. Like 11-15 could be Oscar, West, Moses, Dr.J and Mailman or something like that. But that next 5 is really tricky because there's probably like 10 guys who have a good claim to be in that 16-20 space.

Yes, more or less my point. And I think there's a lot more variance in peoples list in that window. Like 11-15 could be Oscar, West, Moses, Dr.J and Mailman or something like that. But that next 5 is really tricky because there's probably like 10 guys who have a good claim to be in that 16-20 space.
    Even more interesting, I'll be doing a Top 25 by position, not a top 25 All-Time overall. That will be even more fun. So instead of West, Oscar, Doc and the Malone's at 11-15. It's the 11-15 range for greatest Power Forwards. Where does a guy like Pau Gasol or Chris Webber rank?

Of course, I'll kill if it doesn't get any action. Just something to do in the offseason.

Are y'all ready for some fun and basketball history dialogue after the NBA Finals ends?
    We will list the 25 greatest player ever at each position.

Point Guard - Shooting Guard - Small Forward - Power Forward - Center

There are players in the NBA Finals right now who will be included.

Where does another ring and Finals MVP put LeBron on the All-Time Small Forwards list (if he's not already at the top of said list?)

What if Anthony Davis wins Finals MVP, where does he rank on the Power Forwards list?

What does a championship do for Dwight Howard's career? Top 10 Center of All-Time?

What does another ring in another decade do for Rajon Rondo?

On the other hand ...

Is Jimmy Butler even a top 25 Small Forward of All-Time? OF course if he wins, he will be.

Will another championship run put Finals MVP Andre Iguodala on the All-Time Small Forwards list as well, or does he get left off?

Sign me up. It's about time to revisit our old top whatever list and see what revisions are necessary. But it'll be difficult to judge both current and retired players by the same metric, regardless of the results.

Sounds like a good idea, I'd suggest just be sure to give each thread time for info and debate before moving to the next one.