Default REPORT: Kawhi yelled at Rivers, players questioned his strategic decisions vs nugg

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eorges-arrival
    grimbay!!

"As Leonard walked toward the Clippers’ bench, he demonstrably gestured towards Rivers, yelling 'There’s 12 seconds left! We’re down two!' while throwing up his arms in disappointment at the decision to bench him so late in the half.

"An outward display of emotion like that was rare from Leonard. Before Leonard could sit down, Rivers retracted his decision and instead subbed out Lou Williams.

"Rivers had several strategic decisions that left players scratching their heads, such as the decision not to ride a bigger lineup against Nikola Jokic, choosing rotations that did not prioritize more minutes for JaMychal Green and various defensive adjustments. The team also never came together in terms of chemistry or camaraderie inside the bubble."

Default Re: REPORT: Kawhi yelled at Rivers, players questioned his strategic decisions vs

Docs a likable guy. He should just look for a broadcasting gig. I dont really see him making sense as a head coach for anyone going forward.

Default Re: REPORT: Kawhi yelled at Rivers, players questioned his strategic decisions vs

main thing from the report was playing harrell too much over zubac though I think zubac had better impact the whole year and is a young guy worth developing while harrell will be what he is. rivers loves his bench stars though lou/harrell are still pretty good players tbf. I think harrell's gone now and charlotte for a small overpay at 15mil is a good spot. clips can resign morris and maybe make a trade for a bench playmaker to succeed lou.

NBA sixth man of the year

Doc's an idiot. I think he has gone senile since the sterling era and all the losing. Time for him to become a media guy only.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    main thing from the report was playing harrell too much over zubac though I think zubac had better impact the whole year and is a young guy worth developing while harrell will be what he is. rivers loves his bench stars though lou/harrell are still pretty good players tbf. I think harrell's gone now and charlotte for a small overpay at 15mil is a good spot. clips can resign morris and maybe make a trade for a bench playmaker to succeed lou.
    They just need to rebuild the entire bench. Get rid of Lou, Harrell, Green, Shamet. Also looking for a new point guard who can pass. Beverly is a great defender but he drags the offense down a lot in the playoffs and injury prone, he needs to be reduced to a 6th man role.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Doc Rivers is an AWFUL coach.

Just dreadful....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    Doc probably felt the need to play Harrell because he was a 6MOY and had more clout than Zubac. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if Harrell had a loud mouth in the locker room just like he had on the court, so there was pressure to give him the minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Doc probably felt the need to play Harrell because he was a 6MOY and had more clout than Zubac. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if Harrell had a loud mouth in the locker room just like he had on the court, so there was pressure to give him the minutes.
    rotation problems go back awhile. oh well unlike you i still like doc as a coach and think he be good for a team like nop

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Zubac actually played more than Harrell did against Denver. I'm not sure of the rotation anymore. There were times where Zubac wasn't in at key moments in the game and Harrell was guarding Joker. Whenever that happened, Joker killed them. Harrell in general just had a rough year in the playoffs. Just a bad mismatch up overall.

The small ball lineup that the Clips did gave them more problems than it should've. And they could never quite turn it on defensively as they should. While I do think Doc rotation is a problem and the offensive gameplay needed to improve imo, it was the players who were at fault the most. They couldn't get it done

the only reason why doc played harrell more than zubac is cos harrell is a dark skin 6th man of the year, and zubac is a white boy, doc wanted his homie to shine.

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starface View Post
    Docs a likable guy. He should just look for a broadcasting gig. I dont really see him making sense as a head coach for anyone going forward.
    +1

Time to hang em up chief Rivers. It was a nice run. Formed the 2008 Big 3 in Boston and in their 7 year run he produced 2 Finals appearances (2008, 2010) with 1 ring. They might have won another in 2012 if LeBron doesn't go nuclear in that big game 6 legacy game. Doc seemed to be unlucky in a lot of spots. Boston big 3 running into Miami's big 3 or Kobe's big 3 (Gasol + Odom). Then he ran into CP3 who is a fantastic player that never could quite make it over the hump, and now the Kawhi choking escapade. Doc is a very unlucky coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku View Post
    Zubac actually played more than Harrell did against Denver. I'm not sure of the rotation anymore. There were times where Zubac wasn't in at key moments in the game and Harrell was guarding Joker. Whenever that happened, Joker killed them. Harrell in general just had a rough year in the playoffs. Just a bad mismatch up overall.

The small ball lineup that the Clips did gave them more problems than it should've. And they could never quite turn it on defensively as they should. While I do think Doc rotation is a problem and the offensive gameplay needed to improve imo, it was the players who were at fault the most. They couldn't get it done
    Clippers outscored nuggets when zubac was on the court vs Jokic. It was Harrell's minutes that killed Clippers. Doc refused to bench Harrell because he's looking out for his contract I guess? If doc just avoided Harrell vs Jokic, clippers win the series.

Lou/Harrell were -11 net rating that's never going to get it done on a title team. A good coach would of played Noah/Jackson for Lou/Harrell, doc picked to stroke Harrell and Lou's ego instead of keeping his job.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starface View Post
    Just like Mark Jackson and I agree he’s better cut out for that honestly

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Coaching requires amazing mental abilities.

That retard crying about racial injustice just doesn't have the chops

NBA lottery pick

I was pissed!