Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Butler is better than Doncic, Lillard, Harden, Giannis, Jokic...

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Butler is amazing but he is not better than any of these except lillard.

The workoad the others carry in the regular season is unlike Butlers.

Now once the payoffs start, you may take him over Harden or Giannis. I agree.

Donic and Jokic are great playoff performers though, so no.
    By workload you mean dedication to get your ppg. If Jimmy took the same amount of shots on a nightly basis like the others on the list, instead of playing defense and playing within the system to keep his teammates engaged, he would have scored just as many points. But its the same workload, and hes not about scoring as much as possible, but as much as the team needs in order to win.

I don't make the distinction between RS and playoff, just pure overall ability. Jimmy's mental game (IQ and concentration) separates him from the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic View Post
    By workload you mean dedication to get your ppg. If Jimmy took the same amount of shots on a nightly basis like the others on the list, instead of playing defense and playing within the system to keep his teammates engaged, he would have scored just as many points. But its the same workload, and hes not about scoring as much as possible, but as much as the team needs in order to win.

I don't make the distinction between RS and playoff, just pure overall ability. Jimmy's mental game (IQ and concentration) separates him from the rest.
    I dont make a distinction either, I simply account for both. Buter is wildly behind in RS output and workload, that at least in the case of Doncic and Jokic, whatever minor playoff advantage there may be, doesnt come close to making up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    Jimmy Butler is becoming this generations Larry Bird the numbers might not support him but I think most fans/teams would take him over a Durant, Leonard, Doncic, etc.
    Peak Bird winning 3 straight MVPs from 84-86 and thru 88 was 27/10/7. I'd say the numbers supported him fine.

All credit to Butler for what he did last night and totally love him as a player but he doesn't belong in the same conversation as anyone on that list except Lillard. His two highest finishes in MVP voting are 10th and 11th and he never made 1st or 2nd Team All-NBA.

His playoffs numbers are also overblown...

2020: 22/7/6 on +5 rTS
    2021: injured
    2022: 27/7/5 on +3 rTS

Let's wait for this playoff run to finish before we overrate him! ArbitraryWater called him a better playoff performer than Giannis who put up 30/13/5 on +3 rTS on route to a championship while playing better defense. Let's pump the brakes here.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic View Post
    ...if better means 'more valuable for a title run'.

In fact the only players better than him in the league are Curry, Lebron, Durant, AD and Kawhi.
    oh my god I can't stop laughing my ass off on this thread as well as this post.
    You do realize Butler has never won a fvck'n thing. (Besides jumping ship on at least 3 teams)

For 2-3 games every year, Jimmy Butler is the best two way player on the planet.

Each time Jimmy proves for the umpteenth time that hes a bonafide ATG and one of the best basketball players in the worldm, you have people popping up after a few days once the dust settles to claim that "hes actually not that good" because stats and secondary evaluations (he never won MVP, had this many all teams etc). Relying on heuristics like this really exposes the ignorance.