Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: LeBron vs. Jordan: Survey Says...

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post
    congrats to all the shills employed by lebronze to brain wash the younger generation.

from espn trash shannon sharpe, all the way down to random message boards like this one.

tougher era lebronzes? LOL ok great job shills, great job @ thecorporation, and1allday, etc. etc.
    Shills would make the most sense....

No normal person goes around in real life saying these things.

Its manufactured on TV and only on the Internet

god damn we stay winning

lots of top 10 lists finna be revised and revealing all year long

just make DJKhaled a ish emote for ease of fam access

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlayer View Post
    It's hard to imagine that at 35 he could still have 3 rings left in him.

If he somehow pulls it off, I doubt there will be many people still arguing against him.
    I find it highly unlikely I’ll ever put Lebron over Jordan. I mostly base my rankings around who I would build around to win the most championships, and despite the considerable edge in longevity for Lebron, Id probably still pick Jordan for a number of reasons assuming Lebron’s longevity doesn’t become much more incredible then I expect it to be.

With that said, I concede that his longevity has become greater then I thought it would. He’s just a freak of nature that we’ve never seen and he’s doing it in an era where the tools and methods to maintaining your body and prolonging your career are much more advanced. So it’s not out of the realm of possibility at this point that he can end up winning as much or more then Jordan especially with AD at his side. If that’s the case, yes I can see him becoming the GOAT in the public/media’s view. With that resume, it’s just going to be hard to argue with people that didn’t see Jordan play. And at this point I can’t count out the possibility that he he has 2-3 more years left of being close to his current level. Crazy as it sounds, but the guy just keeps on going and hasn’t given me a reason to think if someone is going to do something unprecedented like this that it’s not him.
    Last edited by guy; 10-14-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh View Post
    god damn we stay winning

lots of top 10 lists finna be revised and revealing all year long

just make DJKhaled a ish emote for ease of fam access
    Updated top 25 player of all time by tier:
    Tier 1(1): Michael Jordan
    Tier 2(2-4): Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Lebron James
    Tier 3(5-7): Bill Russell, Tim Duncan, Wilt Chamberlain
    Tier 4(8-9): Larry Bird, Shaq O'neal
    Tier 5(10-12): Hakeem Olajuwon, Oscar Robertson, Kobe Bryant
    Tier 6(13-16): Moses Malone, John Havlicek, Jerry West, Kevin Durant
    Tier 7(17-20): Dirk Nowitzki, Julies Irving, George Mikan, Stephen Curry
    Tier 8(21-25): Karl Malone, Dwayne Wade, Scottie Pippen, Charles Barkley, Willis Reed
    Last edited by Kiddlovesnets; 10-14-2020 at 12:45 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    Career wise it would be 99-1%...so clearly they are talking who the better player was.
    I think you’re clearly wrong here. Unlike what you wrote in the OP the article asks “greater” teammate, not “better”. The article is mainly asking who’s “greater” between Jordan and Lebron in terms of their career so I would assume they are using the same definition for Pippen/AD.

And I don’t think it’s crazy that 1/3 of them would think that AD is already greater than Pippen. In terms of accomplishments he has more all-nba first teams, just as many all-star teams, and the same peak in MVP voting. He also blows Pippen out of the water statistically and is considered one of the greatest statistical players ever especially advanced stats (3rd in PER all time behind Jordan and Lebron) all while still being an all-time great defensive player. And even if it’s unfair, a lot of the media doesn’t care that much about 2nd banana rings but they do care about at least getting the monkey off your back which AD just did.

I would think that the only reason that Pippen is ranked ahead of AD by most is because of his longevity and number of rings. It’s not based on who’s “better”. And assuming he stays healthy, I doubt that will last especially if they win more.

I am OP

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

tougher era lebronzes? LOL ok great job shills, great job @ thecorporation, and1allday, etc. etc.

You think those experts (former players, coaches, journalists, etc.) are swayed by ISH posters?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    You think those experts (former players, coaches, journalists, etc.) are swayed by ISH posters?
    NO but these ISH posters aren't the only ones shilling either.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

NO but these ISH posters aren't the only ones shilling either.
    True--but the media shilling is almost completely on behalf of MJ in the MJ vs. LeBron debate.