Exclamation BREAKING: Showtime is bringing back "Dexter"

I'm... interested.

If they do it right...

Dexter is back to his blood-splattering ways after Showtime ordered a new limited-series revival of the long-running serial-killer drama.

Michael C. Hall, who starred as the title character in the 2006-13 series, is back along with showrunner Clyde Phillips. The premium cable network has handed the series a 10-part run that is set to go into production in early 2021 with a tentative premiere date of fall 2021.

The original followed Dexter Morgan, who was a complicated and conflicted blood-spatter expert for the Miami Police Department but moonlighted as a serial killer.

Gary Levine, Co-President of Entertainment at Showtime, said that the network was only willing to revisit the “unique” character if they could find a creative take that was “worthy,” and they have “found it”.

“Dexter is such a special series, both for its millions of fans and for Showtime, as this breakthrough show helped put our network on the map many years ago,” said Levine. “We would only revisit this unique character if we could find a creative take that was truly worthy of the brilliant, original series. Well, I am happy to report that Clyde Phillips and Michael C. Hall have found it, and we can’t wait to shoot it and show it to the world.”

https://deadline.com/2020/10/dexter-...ps-1234597514/

Default Re: BREAKING: Showtime is bringing back "Dexter"

Best news of the night

Same directors?

They had several possibilities where to go with it if they wanted to continue

As long as it is not like the last 3 trash seasons, I'm all in! One of my 10 favorite shows of all time (as long as we exclude last 3 seasons)

I remember I liked it but can't remember how the last season ended. Did he take a boat and dipped or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Draz View Post
    I remember I liked it but can't remember how the last season ended. Did he take a boat and dipped or something?
    His sister found out then he escaped in boat. Season ends with him at a lumber facility in final scene IIRC.

National High School Star

This time, Dexter should get the hell out of his sh*thole & look for his son

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

As I recall, he faked his own death by sailing into a hurricane.

I really loved the first few seasons of this show, then really loved spots of it after that. But some of the bad stuff was horrible.

The writers have had a lot of time to ruminate on this, so I'd guess the return would be pretty solid, at least once they get through cleaning up the mess they'd been left with.