Default After all these years, Draymond Green still can't shoot 3s

Here's one of the most intelligent player, still unable to shoot OPEN 3s after a decade in the NBA. His teammates? Only top 2 GOAT shooters.

This sh!t always baffle me. Shooting isn't that hard. Much less shooting wide open shots at reasonable clip.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Default Re: After all these years, Draymond Green still can't shoot 3s

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    Here's one of the most intelligent player, still unable to shoot OPEN 3s after a decade in the NBA. His teammates? Only top 2 GOAT shooters.

This sh!t always baffle me. Shooting isn't that hard. Much less shooting wide open shots at reasonable clip.
    He shot 39% from the arc in 2015-2016 reg season

Playoff 3 pt %:
    2016: 37%
    2017: 41%
    2018: 27%
    2019: 23%
    2022: 20%

Draymond shot 39% in college.

3-time NBA All-Star

It's mental as much as anything with him

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Its the "I dare you" effect. Its harder to hit a wiiiide open shot than one that's slightly contested. If you suck at shooting.

For even a mediocre shooter in the flow of the game they'll splash an open shot. In the clutch? Even more so usually, but sometimes not. There's guys who get up in that situation. And will splash. (think Horry)

Dray is the worst of both worlds. He won't hit wide open in the flow. And he definitely won't hit if it's necessary.

And dray doesnt even have a midrange game to step into when left 20 feet wide open....

I told y'all.. on offense... he's beyond trash. Anybody can hand off to the splash bros. Or make a bunch of retard hero passes in transition that mostly lead to a steal and huge momentum flip.

Drays main advantage is defense, gooning, and flipping the way refs call things. He's generally from a skills perspective always been a garbage basketball player.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Shoot 3s?

The man cant even shoot. period.

Or at least he used to be slightly better at it. Now he won't even attempt.

Since the first round he's 2/19 on 3's. Pretty amazing a guy playing in this era has made 2 3's in a span of 14 games.

And makes this stat all the more unbelievable

He did this in less games too.

Not airballing my layups anymore King Kawhi's Avatar

Bet you didn't know Draymonds career 3 pt % is almost the same as Michael Jordans

Dray's so bad now, his negatives outweigh his positives. Smart move would be to severely limit his minutes. On top of playing 4 on 5, his rebounding sucks as he has lost a step and is getting DESTROYED by Williams on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival View Post
    Dray's so bad now, his negatives outweigh his positives. Smart move would be to severely limit his minutes. On top of playing 4 on 5, his rebounding sucks as he has lost a step and is getting DESTROYED by Williams on the boards.
    He's decent but you can't expect him to get a ton of rebounds when he's guarding out there on the perimeter a lot. Robert Williams is so much bigger & more athletic too, it's not like GS has anyone else to put out there instead of Green who could rebound any better or do a better job inside either. He had 5 OREB and a key one down the stretch which led to him finding Looney for a huge layup. At least Kerr made the adjustment and benched him on offense when they needed to do it.