Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The Warriors had a 32-6 Record in the 2017 and 2018 playoffs combined

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    Yup. That's why every year at least 1 of the teams in the finals is a TEAM team, where guys put away their egos and play for each other.

I guess the point of this thread is that sometimes the way we view players historically comes down to just 1 game that could have gone either way.
    There's a universe where the Rockets beat the Warriors and won the ring. Over there, Harden's treated like a clutch God and is considered the archetype of the modern player. Interestingly enough, in their timeline The Mavs lost to Portland in 2011 due to a terrible series from Jason Terry. As a result Dirk retired ringless, is considered a career choker and is a walking punch line wherever he goes.

Cali Love

Default Re: The Warriors had a 32-6 Record in the 2017 and 2018 playoffs combined

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    There's a universe where the Rockets beat the Warriors and won the ring. Over there, Harden's treated like a clutch God and is considered the archetype of the modern player. Interestingly enough, in their timeline The Mavs lost to Portland in 2011 due to a terrible series from Jason Terry. As a result Dirk retired ringless, is considered a career choker and is a walking punch line wherever he goes.
    I was rooting hard for the Blazers that series even tho I hate them at the same time...B Roy used to be that good...

If kd never joined the warriors four years ago, do you think they would still have the same playoff record in those two years combined?

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

so many wins yet not one single iconic stephen curry playoff moment anyone can recall

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Kobrick View Post
    so many wins yet not one single iconic stephen curry playoff moment anyone can recall

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    How you think a healthy Rockets/Cavs Final plays out in 2018?
    Man, I know Houston could get some jitters, and Bron would have unloaded on them. I see another 6-7 game series win.

Prolly game 7 in Houston.

Love produces decently.

It would have been a blast of a series.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Morey is an idiot for changing the formula last season. I don't know if they would have beaten the Lakers this year, but it would have been much, much closer. I know CP3 and Harden didn't get along by the end of it, but they should have been told to deal with it and play.

This is the problem with the sport, superstars are treated like Greek Gods in basketball.
    Do you actually think Morey wanted to make that trade? There is absolutely no way that he wanted that.

Harden didn't like Paul and wanted him gone...simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Kobrick View Post
    And no fmvps at all in those two title runs as well

Not airballing my layups anymore

Greatest team of all time