Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Nick Nurse "It is absolutely tied at the top between Jordan & Lebron"

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Yup, MJ is expected to beat the GOAT Bird Celtics with cokehead Orlando Woolridge, but Lebron gets a pass for losing with prime Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.
    LeBron gets a pass for 2011 now C'mon

Default Re: Nick Nurse "It is absolutely tied at the top between Jordan & Lebron"

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Kawhi had to carry Nurse in playoffs. Multiple game winners in 76ers series, guarding Giannis, finals MVP.

Let me know when high school zone defense Nick Nurse actually makes it past 2nd round without Kawhi. Spoelstra already made the finals and won 2 games without LeBron.
    Well it was only his 2nd season as head coach though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike D'Antoni View Post
    "I have gone enough against Lebron to know he is the greatest too "

Nick Nurse
    https://youtu.be/PN9HQeLFhYY?t=363

He shat on Kawhi
    Coaches know what's up.

Bron is crazy good at basketball from an intellectual perspective alone - most fans do not understand or appreciate everything he does from the preparatory side.

David Griffin:

"He's so cerebral. We used to joke that he was a computer on learning mode. He's such a savant, and he figures out the angles to such a huge degree. I was in the gym when I watched him on the floor against Toronto tell Patrick Patterson where he was supposed to go on the play they had called out of a timeout late in the fourth quarter. He was like 'No Pat, you're supposed to stand over there and set a pin down for DeMar [DeRozan] over here.'"

DeMar DeRozan:

"I remember, it was a play we was trying to run and one of our teammates forgot the play, and Bron told him the play. Like it was some crazy shit. We calling a play and he was like, ‘What?’ And Bron told him what our play was."

99.9% of players simply do not do anything like that. That's coach level sh-t.

There are no stories like that about Michael Jordan.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Coaches know what's up.

Bron is crazy good at basketball from an intellectual perspective alone - most fans do not understand or appreciate everything he does from the preparatory side.

David Griffin:

"He's so cerebral. We used to joke that he was a computer on learning mode. He's such a savant, and he figures out the angles to such a huge degree. I was in the gym when I watched him on the floor against Toronto tell Patrick Patterson where he was supposed to go on the play they had called out of a timeout late in the fourth quarter. He was like 'No Pat, you're supposed to stand over there and set a pin down for DeMar [DeRozan] over here.'"

DeMar DeRozan:

"I remember, it was a play we was trying to run and one of our teammates forgot the play, and Bron told him the play. Like it was some crazy shit. We calling a play and he was like, ‘What?’ And Bron told him what our play was."

99.9% of players simply do not do anything like that. That's coach level sh-t.

There are no stories like that about Michael Jordan.
    This is the type of shit that casuals just will never understand

LeBron is the SMARTEST player in history on top of being the most athletic person in human history.

He has redicilious fluid intelligence and crystal intelligence for basketball.

You add durability, longevity, and consistent dedication and you have the greatest athlete ever, without a close 2nd.

LeBron James.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets View Post
    Losing in the Finals means that your team is good enough to contend for title but the star player failed to make it happen, the star player always needs to take blame. Losing in the first round however, will depend on context since it might have been a humiliating upset(ie. #1 seed losing to #8), or its just that the team aint close to a contender(#7-8 seed getting swept). For MJ, it was always the latter scenario, his team wasnt good enough to compete so he lost in 1st round, which would not hurt his legacy at all. Interestingly, MJ never lost a playoffs series when his team was favorite to win, such dominance was unprecedented.

Losing in the first round means that your team is good enough to get to the first round and contend to win. Hence, since they are good enough to win in the first round, they are good enough to win in the second, since they should have won in the first. Then the second too because they technically could have made it. Third as well. Then the finals too.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    LeBron gets a pass for 2011 now C'mon

Also note he dismisses Woolridge as a "cokehead." Woolridge was MJ's highest scoring teammate--isn't PPG all that matters? By their metric, Woolridge was MJ's best teammate. Coke or no coke. He put up 23 PPG with MJ and 25 PPG later on after MJ.

Losing in the first round means that your team is good enough to get to the first round and contend to win. Hence, since they are good enough to win in the first round, they are good enough to win in the second, since they should have won in the first. Then the second too because they technically could have made it. Third as well. Then the finals too.
    Yeah, the logic that because you made the finals you automatically had a team good enough to win (an odd comment for a supposed Nets/Kidd fan, who was in the finals with a 49 win team against a dynasty ) makes no sense. You can apply that to any round, like you just did. Yet we only hear it for the finals.

Nick Nurse and Lowry carried Load Management. 17-5 when Load Management was on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post

Yeah, the logic that because you made the finals you automatically had a team good enough to win (an odd comment for a supposed Nets/Kidd fan, who was in the finals with a 49 win team against a dynasty ) makes no sense. You can apply that to any round, like you just did. Yet we only hear it for the finals.
    Exactly.

I'm a Heat fan and to be honest shocked we made the finals. I was never a Jimmy Butler fan, but he won me over hardcore this season. I think he is a lot better now than I thought he was prior to this season. He certainly didn't lose anything as far as career ranking or who he is as a player because he lost in the finals. His stock rose a tonne this season.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Yup, MJ is expected to beat the GOAT Bird Celtics with cokehead Orlando Woolridge, but Lebron gets a pass for losing with prime Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.
    Truth

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Even if Nurse was right, the disadvantage that Jordan had by coming first breaks the tie..

Give MJ all the advantages that today's player gets - better training, load management, possibly the HGH, and an easier game designed for perimeter players - Jordan would obviously be better than before, whereas lebron already gets these things yet the best anyone can say is a tie..lol.. that means Jordan is much better

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Kawhi had to carry Nurse in playoffs. Multiple game winners in 76ers series, guarding Giannis, finals MVP.

Let me know when high school zone defense Nick Nurse actually makes it past 2nd round without Kawhi. Spoelstra already made the finals and won 2 games without LeBron.
    It's a testament to Nurse's greatness that he was able to win a championship despite the handicap of having a player who was able to pull off the biggest choke job in history the following season.