Good college starter

Default What if the Lakers had kept Gail Goodrich over a declining Baylor in 1968.

In this what-if do you think that the new big three of Goodrich West and Wilt win the finals that the Lakers lost in 1969 and 1970?

Also how good do you think a West Goodrich backcourt would be in 1969 and 1970 with West still in his prime you would have to think right that they would be a far better backcourt than they were in 1972 and 1973.

Here is another question do the Lakers suffer as much offensively as they did in real life in 1969 as for some reason they took a step back once Wilt arrived which I think is mainly due to Baylor and Wilt getting in each other's way on offence.

With Baylor gone one has to think that Wilt would have had more space to operate down low on offence and with West and Goodrich spacing the floor maybe the Lakers offence in 1969 and 1970 would have ended up flowing a lot more smoother.

Therefore I have them winning the title in 1969 with a young Goodrich replacing Baylor but as for 1970, I am not so sure if the Lakers take the title that year even with Goodrich replacing the declining Baylor. As New York had a tough perimeter defence unlike the Celtics in 1969 along with also having a player to match an injured Wilt in Reed who mind you was the MVP that year.

Default Re: What if the Lakers had kept Gail Goodrich over a declining Baylor in 1968.

Baylor was still an All-NBA First team All-Star with a 25/10/5 avg in 69 and 70.
    Gail wasn't even a starter in his early Laker days.
    NO ONE in their right mind would have kept Gail Goodrich over Baylor in 69 and 70 especially with WILT coming over.
    It didn't make sense on cents.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: What if the Lakers had kept Gail Goodrich over a declining Baylor in 1968.

Dumbass thread OP. Gail was overrated as ****.

You also posted this on RealGM ya pha.ggot.