Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Went to shoot baskets after 15 years hiatus

I’m starting to get the covid weight and as a frequent gym goer who lost all his gains from the lockdown, I decided to get back into shape by shooting hoops and doing baseline sprints. Woke up this morning and got a fresh ball and it has Adam Silver’s signature and last time I played it had Stern’s on it and 14 years ago. Damn time flies so I decide to get a new pair of basketball shoes too so I don’t have to wear my Air Jordan’s. So I bought a cheap pot of the Adidas James Harden Flop Boost. They were actually a cheap pair of the run of the mill Adidas basketball shoes. They were very comfortable and light. Props to modern day basketball shoes but I have a feeling they won’t last.

Anyways when I got to the court I noticed I completely lost my handles. Couldn’t dribble between the legs and would lose the ball with my left hand. First shot was an air ball from the elbow. Damn!!!!! Lucky nobody was there. As the day progressed I found my touch and trajectory. Start Ed to hit nothing but net outside of 15. Missed quite a bit inside the paint and attempted two 3’s which I missed but hit iron. As the hour mark approached I started to hit everything again. Left the court and walked backed to my car dribbling like I was able to. Muscle memory?

Thoughts? It got my competitive juices going and I almost want to go back tonight for some games but I know it would be a bad idea and I don’t want to embarrass myself with my newfound dad body.

This thread is just a quick story. Anyone went back to shooting hoops? I’m in my late 30’s and haven’t played since I was 23-25.

Will I eventually get back to be a competitive street player or am I done?

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Went to shoot baskets after 15 years hiatus

Quote Originally Posted by Luka Doncic View Post
    I’m starting to get the covid weight and as a frequent gym goer who lost all his gains from the lockdown, I decided to get back into shape by shooting hoops and doing baseline sprints. Woke up this morning and got a fresh ball and it has Adam Silver’s signature and last time I played it had Stern’s on it and 14 years ago. Damn time flies so I decide to get a new pair of basketball shoes too so I don’t have to wear my Air Jordan’s. So I bought a cheap pot of the Adidas James Harden Flop Boost. They were actually a cheap pair of the run of the mill Adidas basketball shoes. They were very comfortable and light. Props to modern day basketball shoes but I have a feeling they won’t last.

Anyways when I got to the court I noticed I completely lost my handles. Couldn’t dribble between the legs and would lose the ball with my left hand. First shot was an air ball from the elbow. Damn!!!!! Lucky nobody was there. As the day progressed I found my touch and trajectory. Start Ed to hit nothing but net outside of 15. Missed quite a bit inside the paint and attempted two 3’s which I missed but hit iron. As the hour mark approached I started to hit everything again. Left the court and walked backed to my car dribbling like I was able to. Muscle memory?

Thoughts? It got my competitive juices going and I almost want to go back tonight for some games but I know it would be a bad idea and I don’t want to embarrass myself with my newfound dad body.

This thread is just a quick story. Anyone went back to shooting hoops? I’m in my late 30’s and haven’t played since I was 23-25.

Will I eventually get back to be a competitive street player or am I done?
    Focus on preparing for the Afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY View Post

Banned

As long as I stay away from the Mussies I will be fine.

Mussies can’t ball so I’m fine unless I smell that head covering from a mile away.

5-time NBA All-Star

Mussies can’t ball so I’m fine unless I smell that head covering from a mile away.
    Dude, I was being dead serious with this post.

Whether you or I like it or not, our bodies are decaying and death is creeping closer and closer.

You're almost 40 so you can say goodbye to your hoop dreams. That's the sad reality. So you gotta choose and commit right now. Do you want to go to heaven or hell? So start putting in the necessary work for it.

Shots fired.

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Well it's helpful to know where the basket is. It sounds like you lost your jay. That's too bad - did you lose a fadeaway with it?

You just destroyed that racist redneck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10 View Post
    Well it's helpful to know where the basket is. It sounds like you lost your jay. That's too bad - did you lose a fadeaway with it?
    My game was similar to Allan Houston.

Anyways going on day 3 the jumper is coming along. I shot a lot better yesterday. Hopefully by spring I can play pickup games. I need to lose 20lbs because after the shoot around my knees and ankles hurt.

I’m 6’ but weighing in at 205lbs. Way too heavy for me.

Once I shed the weight and get my legs back then I believe I’m fine.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

It's going to be hot where you're going.

Repent now. Accept Jesus.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    It's going to be hot where you're going.

Repent now. Accept Jesus.
    Lol

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Since they brought down almost all of the hoops near where I live I have been mostly skateboarding and riding my bike to get cardio at the local skate park for a few months and trying to get back into basketball has been so hard even from just taking a few months off because I used to still make time to play for a couple hours at least 4,5 days a week before the pandemic I cannot imagine taking that long off