Default Vasyl Lomachenko vs Teofimo Lopez for the Undisputed Lightweight title

Should be a great fight

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko vs Teofimo Lopez for the Undisputed Lightweight title

Lomachenko lost. lol.

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko vs Teofimo Lopez for the Undisputed Lightweight title

23 years old Teofimo defeated Lomachenko pulling one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Lomachenko lost. lol.
    I think Lopez knocks him out if they have a rematch.

Just another reminder of B > W. Another great white hope falls bu bu but hes better than floyd

bu bu but joe rogan said

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Just another reminder of B > W. Another great white hope falls bu bu but hes better than floyd

bu bu but joe rogan said
    Is Lopez black? I dont think so.

Loma is definitely one of the more overhyped fighters of all time

The way people have gone on about him is too much

He's already got 2 black marks on his record

all great fighters have lost fights .. as rocky says it's about how you respond when you're down .. let's see how he bounces back .. I haven't watched the fight all the way through .. I skimmed through it but I noticed something that didn't make sense .. after 10 rds, the tv crew had it TIED 5 rds apiece .. but the final scorecard was a BLOWOUT .. someone was full of shit lol .. who was right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Is Lopez black? I dont think so.
    brown > white

black > white

asian > white

are you starting to get it yet?

That boy cant beat latinos....nomaschenko my ass...overrated white hype gets exposed again...like always....

Quote Originally Posted by dude77 View Post
    all great fighters have lost fights .. as rocky says it's about how you respond when you're down .. let's see how he bounces back .. I haven't watched the fight all the way through .. I skimmed through it but I noticed something that didn't make sense .. after 10 rds, the tv crew had it TIED 5 rds apiece .. but the final scorecard was a BLOWOUT .. someone was full of shit lol .. who was right ?
    I think the consensus is Teofimo clearly won a close fight but one of the judges decided to go full retard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    I think the consensus is Teofimo clearly won a close fight but one of the judges decided to go full retard.
    Yea, it was a close fight, I would have been ok with a draw or Lopez winning, no way Loma won though. One judge had it 119-109 Lopez which is ridiculous, Loma won more than 1 round.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Yea, it was a close fight, I would have been ok with a draw or Lopez winning, no way Loma won though. One judge had it 119-109 Lopez which is ridiculous, Loma won more than 1 round.
    I really don't know how these boxing judges who make this kind of 'error' continue to be allowed to judge. At first I thought it's intentional cause boxing be dirty and stuff. But if it was, wouldn't these judges just make the number closer so not to appear incompetent? So it's simply incompetence then? What the f.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    I really don't know how these boxing judges who make this kind of 'error' continue to be allowed to judge. At first I thought it's intentional cause boxing be dirty and stuff. But if it was, wouldn't these judges just make the number closer so not to appear incompetent? So it's simply incompetence then? What the f.
    System favors the promoters and leave a lot of ways for them to manipulate the judges. Arum most likely prefers Teo brash personality which is easy to market and sell to casual fans. Loma has a following but he’s not polarizing enough to be radiant to mainstream. The system though alllow promoter like Arum to handpick the judges with both camps blessing and the Nevada put their stamp and that’s how judges are chosen.

Teo won a close fight as he controlled and dictated the first half of the fight. He landed a solid body shot int he first round and Loma was in a flight mode after that until about 7th. Then started to find his range around 8 and boxed Teo ears off. In the 12th, it was like that into until Teo landed a solid one and rallied to win the round.

In my scoreboard it was 7-5 Teo winning a close fight. I think Loma was surprised how fast Teo was. And all that body shot made him more hesitant . He did not want to engaged until the 2nd half of the fight. Their camp made a cardinal mistake with an assume calculation as he was the draw. I see rematch coming and Loma more prepared but his chin still leave a lot to be desired of.