Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,832

    Default Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    Since MJ stans make PPG the be all end all, someone had to tell them.

    Career PPG

    Thomas: 19
    Dumars: 16
    Magic: 20
    Worthy: 18
    Drexler: 20
    Porter: 12
    Price: 15
    Daughtery: 19
    Barkley: 22
    Johnson: 18
    Ewing: 21
    Starks: 13
    Payton: 16
    Kemp: 15
    Shaq: 24
    Penny: 15
    Malone: 25
    Stockton: 13
    Hornacek: 15
    Hardaway: 18
    Mourning: 17
    Miller: 18
    Smits: 15

    The corresponding numbers for LeBron's Finals/ECF opponents would be much higher. Now that this has been exposed, can we move on from the idiotic PPG talking points--we know scoring is higher across the board in this era (as are advanced stats that bake in scoring/efficiency/etc.)? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    28,416

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    No dummy

    Lebron's opponents are in their prime, so their stats reflect peak numbers

    You can only compare peak vs peak of their respective opponents, or their actual averages at the time MJ faced them..

    For example, Shaq and Malone were averaging nearly 30 when MJ faced them ... Ditto Barkley, Ewing, Dominique, and others

    Then there's the all-star deficit (Pistons had 5 starters that were 3x all-stars, while Jordan had 1 all-star teammate

  3. #3
    Serious playground baller 8Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    434

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    Since MJ stans make PPG the be all end all, someone had to tell them.

    Career PPG

    Thomas: 19
    Dumars: 16
    Magic: 20
    Worthy: 18
    Drexler: 20
    Porter: 12
    Price: 15
    Daughtery: 19
    Barkley: 22
    Johnson: 18
    Ewing: 21
    Starks: 13
    Payton: 16
    Kemp: 15
    Shaq: 24
    Penny: 15
    Malone: 25
    Stockton: 13
    Hornacek: 15
    Hardaway: 18
    Mourning: 17
    Miller: 18
    Smits: 15

    The corresponding numbers for LeBron's Finals/ECF opponents would be much higher. Now that this has been exposed, can we move on from the idiotic PPG talking points--we know scoring is higher across the board in this era (as are advanced stats that bake in scoring/efficiency/etc.)? Thanks in advance.
    Lol 3ball getting curb stomped in every thread since Sunday.

    but but but PPGZ

  4. #4
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,832

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Lol 3ball getting curb stomped in every thread since Sunday.

    but but but PPGZ
    PPG. PER. Whatever 1-9ball and his disciples bring up leads to them getting wrecked with their own logic.

  5. #5
    Serious playground baller 8Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    434

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    Yeah 3ball uses PPG or PER whenever it suits his needs in an argument.

    When we use PPG or PER against him he has a meltdown.

    Making him eat his own shit.

  6. #6
    Serious playground baller 8Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    434

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    Since PER means so much to 3ball.

    7 playoff runs LeBron has over 30 PER.
    4 playoff runs Jordan has over 30 PER.

  7. #7
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,832

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Yeah 3ball uses PPG or PER whenever it suits his needs in an argument.

    When we use PPG or PER against him he has a meltdown.

    Making him eat his own shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Since PER means so much to 3ball.

    7 playoff runs LeBron has over 30 PER.
    4 playoff runs Jordan has over 30 PER.
    Yup. They need to do better. Jordan has a legit case for GOAT but they are so busy melting down they can't make that case. They go from dumb TP to dumb TP, like PPG or PER or preseason odds.

  8. #8
    Serious playground baller 8Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    434

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    I have Jordan and LeBron neck and neck with Jordan a slight edge in the GOAT ranking.

    But LeBron has 4 more years left so it's hard to see LeBron staying where he is in the ranking.

  9. #9
    en la FINIKERA highwhey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    25,398

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    PPG. PER. Whatever 1-9ball and his disciples bring up leads to them getting wrecked with their own logic.

  10. #10
    3-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    10,655

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    Since MJ stans make PPG the be all end all, someone had to tell them.

    Career PPG

    Thomas: 19
    Dumars: 16
    Magic: 20
    Worthy: 18
    Drexler: 20
    Porter: 12
    Price: 15
    Daughtery: 19
    Barkley: 22
    Johnson: 18
    Ewing: 21
    Starks: 13
    Payton: 16
    Kemp: 15
    Shaq: 24
    Penny: 15
    Malone: 25
    Stockton: 13
    Hornacek: 15
    Hardaway: 18
    Mourning: 17
    Miller: 18
    Smits: 15

    The corresponding numbers for LeBron's Finals/ECF opponents would be much higher. Now that this has been exposed, can we move on from the idiotic PPG talking points--we know scoring is higher across the board in this era (as are advanced stats that bake in scoring/efficiency/etc.)? Thanks in advance.
    You sure about that?

    Billups: 15
    Rip: 17
    Sheed: 14
    Duncan: 19
    Parker: 16
    Ginobili: 13
    Howard: 17
    Rashard:15
    Rose: 19
    Boozer: 16
    Dirk: 21
    KG: 18
    Pierce: 20
    Ray: 19
    Durant: 27
    Westbrook: 23
    Harden: 25
    Kawhi: 19
    PG: 20
    West: 14
    Steph: 24
    Klay: 20
    Draymond: 9
    Millsap: 14
    Derozon: 20
    Lowry: 15
    IT: 18
    Tatum: 17
    Jokic: 17
    Murray: 16
    Butler: 17

    Thats an average of 17.9 ppg. The group for Jordan was 17.6 ppg And as you said, thats with scoring being way up today.

    Not saying your overall point isn't valid but maybe check your data before you make the thread

  11. #11
    I usually hit open layups
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    You sure about that?

    Billups: 15
    Rip: 17
    Sheed: 14
    Duncan: 19
    Parker: 16
    Ginobili: 13
    Howard: 17
    Rashard:15
    Rose: 19
    Boozer: 16
    Dirk: 21
    KG: 18
    Pierce: 20
    Ray: 19
    Durant: 27
    Westbrook: 23
    Harden: 25
    Kawhi: 19
    PG: 20
    West: 14
    Steph: 24
    Klay: 20
    Draymond: 9
    Millsap: 14
    Derozon: 20
    Lowry: 15
    IT: 18
    Tatum: 17
    Jokic: 17
    Murray: 16
    Butler: 17

    Thats an average of 17.9 ppg. The group for Jordan was 17.6 ppg And as you said, thats with scoring being way up today.

    Not saying your overall point isn't valid but maybe check your data before you make the thread
    Damn. Gonna have to fact check this Roundball_Rock poster from now on.

  12. #12
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,832

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    guy had to smuggle in a bunch of 3rd/4th options to get a 0.3 PPG edge (the only I had was Hornacek, since he arguably was their #2). Shall we check what 3rd/4th options scored in the 90's? Scoring is higher now and many of these players are not yet in their "old man" years. It shouldn't be surprising an "apples to apples" comparison would show the latter group as having higher career PPG, which was the point. Don't MJ stans themselves always talk about how much easier it is to score today (except when it comes to LeBron's or MJ's teammates of course)?
    Last edited by Roundball_Rock; 10-18-2020 at 06:29 PM.

  13. #13
    Great college starter AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,626

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    guy had to smuggle in a bunch of 3rd/4th options to get a 0.3 PPG edge (the only I had was Hornacek, since he arguably was their #2). Shall we check what 3rd/4th options scored in the 90's?

  14. #14
    National High School Star Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,380

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Lol 3ball getting curb stomped in every thread since Sunday.

    but but but PPGZ
    3ball taking big beatings every thread. Rag dolled and disrespected every step of the way

  15. #15
    National High School Star Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,380

    Default Re: Career PPG for Jordan's Finals/ECF Opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    You sure about that?

    Billups: 15
    Rip: 17
    Sheed: 14
    Duncan: 19
    Parker: 16
    Ginobili: 13
    Howard: 17
    Rashard:15
    Rose: 19
    Boozer: 16
    Dirk: 21
    KG: 18
    Pierce: 20
    Ray: 19
    Durant: 27
    Westbrook: 23
    Harden: 25
    Kawhi: 19
    PG: 20
    West: 14
    Steph: 24
    Klay: 20
    Draymond: 9
    Millsap: 14
    Derozon: 20
    Lowry: 15
    IT: 18
    Tatum: 17
    Jokic: 17
    Murray: 16
    Butler: 17

    Thats an average of 17.9 ppg. The group for Jordan was 17.6 ppg And as you said, thats with scoring being way up today.

    Not saying your overall point isn't valid but maybe check your data before you make the thread
    Dray? You're adding #4 options now? Pathetic. #Caught

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •