Thread: SSC Tuatara

Default SSC Tuatara

Looks like we've got a new production hypercar setting a new record in top speed for this decade opener, folks.

Default Re: SSC Tuatara

I am a little surprised SSC isnt getting more press for this accomplishment. When Koenigsegg hit 278 a couple years ago it was a pretty big deal in the car world, the same was true when Bugatti hit 304 a couple months ago... and obliterating the Bugatti speed with a 330 should be a huge deal, yet for whatever reason not many people are talking about it. I bet if you went to cars and coffee or something and polled rando car enthusiasts, a lot of them would be completely unaware of the existence of a botique exotic car manufacturer named SSC and their speed record (they'd all know about Koenigsegg and Bugatti tho).

Both bugatti and koenigsegg have made multiple hypercar models in the past that they got their own recognition for being fastest while ssc haven't quite made a production car before that could go beyond 250mph.

The ones they had back then were mostly just prototypes so i think it's safe to assume that this is the first time they ever did this, although this is truly a nice accomplishment for somebody based outside of europe that's also as small as them.