Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Next Gen Pre-Orders?

Has anyone actually been able to get a pre-order in for either the PS5 or the XBox Series X?

I'm a PS guy, and haven't even looked for XBox preorders, but I hear they're nearly as hard to find. I've got alerts set and google is feeding me links a day before things go live, and I still haven't even seen anything. Usually the sites are down whenever I seem to get close.

I know of two people who've been able to actually get a pre-order placed, the cousin of a guy I work with, and one of the guys who works at the pharmacy I go to. That's it. And I know plenty of people trying. Doesn't seem like a very good percentage.

Just figured this would be a good spot to get an informal poll.

Default Re: Next Gen Pre-Orders?

I missed out on the first couple waves of preorders too.

After reading on it, it looks like the best bet is to call local retailers a couple days prior and see how they're doing in-stores sales on launch because they're all doing it differently with Covid

It release near me on the 12th and CP2077 drops the 19th, so as long as I can snag a PS5 within the first week we gud.

Will bump this thread if I find spots in stock
    Last edited by scuzzy; 10-21-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Manny and Gray Goat got preorders

I'm just pulling up curbside on launch or getting it a few days after. Was able to find a PS4 pretty easily only a couple days after release, real smooth and quiet. Just walked into Target and there was a stack of em

surely release week won't be as bad as nvidia 3080 stock, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    i think a world war could start and the next gen consoles would still have a better launch than the nvidia 3000 gpus lol

I can't wait to play some of my PS4 games on PS5

I've had RDR2, Control, TLOU2 all on standby that I haven't installed just to play on them on PS5

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    i think a world war could start and the next gen consoles would still have a better launch than the nvidia 3000 gpus lol
    What's the reception on GeForce Now?

I've thought about getting a trial subscription and trying it

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
    What's the reception on GeForce Now?

I've thought about getting a trial subscription and trying it
    i honestly don't know - i play all of my pc games right on my desktop so i never paid it any mind. i think the subscription for it is $5 a month right now, so u've got nothing to lose if you're interested.

Hi all - the launch of the PlayStation 5 console on November 12 (or November 19, depending on your region) is almost upon us! In the interest of keeping our gamers, retailers, and staff safe amidst COVID-19, today we are confirming that all day-of launch sales will be conducted through the online stores of our retail partners.

No units will be available in-store for purchase on launch day (November 12 or November 19, depending on your region) – please don’t plan on camping out or lining up at your local retailer on launch day in hopes of finding a PS5 console for purchase. Be safe, stay home, and place your order online.

Gamers who have pre-ordered for pick-up at their local retailer should still be able to do so at their designated appointment time, under the retailer’s safety protocols. Please confirm the details with your local retailer.

A special thank you to our entire community for your continued support this year. Here’s to the next generation of gaming!
    https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11...dering-update/

Online orders only @ launch.

Objective Rightie ┌∩┐(﹒︠益﹒︡)┌∩┐'s Avatar

I will wait a while because it took the ps4 a while to get the most out of it's games. So I will wait a while because the ps5 will be the same

Quote Originally Posted by ┌∩┐(﹒︠益﹒︡)┌∩┐ View Post
    I will wait a while because it took the ps4 a while to get the most out of it's games. So I will wait a while because the ps5 will be the same
    you're obviously not one of the cool kids.

Ps5 will be coming out with a fair number of good launch titles.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Yep I got extremely lucky I snapped one up instantly when they made pre orders available

Mines arriving on the 19th cuz UK

Now that I think about it I could flip it for double what I paid for and make a little profit....

I won't obviously because I am dying to play some games I'm bored af at home and sold my PS4 months ago

Objective Rightie ┌∩┐(﹒︠益﹒︡)┌∩┐'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Ps5 will be coming out with a fair number of good launch titles.
    I don't believe it

I'm in the same boat. Shit like Bloodborne came out in 2015(PS4 2013 launch). I been playing too long to get overly excited by new consoles at this point but I'll probably grab one next year. Right now I'm debating selling my PS4 Pro because it's only going to drop further in value from here on out and I don't play it much anymore ( more a PC guy nowadays). Or I may just wait till a slim Ps5 is out, the new model is massive lol. Oh who am I kidding, one day I'm gonna walk into a store, see one on the shelf and say fukkit.