Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Jokic Stan

Default Steph Curry outplayed Giannis and Embiid last playoffs against the Raptors

Curry - 30.5ppg on 59.8 TS%
    Giannis - 22.7ppg on 51.8 TS%
    Embiid - 17.6ppg on 52.9 TS%

Kawhi against the Warriors - 28.5ppg on 60.6 TS%

I will say Embiid wasn't 100 percent healthy, but Giannis has no excuse. In fact, I was one of the few people ranking Steph ahead of Giannis last year which should have been obvious for people.

This year is a different story as Giannis was even better this year than last year...but we will still need to see him prove it in the playoffs.

Default Re: Steph Curry outplayed Giannis and Embiid last playoffs against the Raptors

But hey. Despite all that, don't let it distract you from the fact that curry is still missing something important; an iconic playoff moment.

Jokic Stan

Default Re: Steph Curry outplayed Giannis and Embiid last playoffs against the Raptors

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    But hey. Despite all that, don't let it distract you from the fact that curry is still missing something important; an iconic playoff moment.
    What is your definition of "iconic" moment? Steph has had plenty of amazing playoffs runs. Seems like a moment is, well, just a "moment" and pretty meaningless compared to his entire body of work.

Curry had one of the most clutch 4th quarter Finals ever in 2015. He also holds the record for most threes made in a Finals game (9). Didn't he also make like 50 straight 4th quarter free throws?

I also remember him last year sweeping his WCF to the tune of 37/8/7.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post

I will say Embiid wasn't 100 percent healthy, but Giannis has no excuse. In fact, I was one of the few people ranking Steph ahead of Giannis last year which should have been obvious for people.

This year is a different story as Giannis was even better this year than last year...but we will still need to see him prove it in the playoffs.
    he out played them offensively. The question is is that extra 8 points more significant that what greek does on the defensive side of the ball? Personally id say no.

You cant just ignore half the game because your boy is trash at it.

Good college starter

Unsurprising. Curry has been the best player in the league for the past 5 years, which is arguably the best straight 5 year span of any player in NBA history.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    Unsurprising. Curry has been the best player in the league for the past 5 years, which is arguably the best straight 5 year span of any player in NBA history.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    he out played them offensively. The question is is that extra 8 points more significant that what greek does on the defensive side of the ball? Personally id say no.

You cant just ignore half the game because your boy is trash at it.
    Complete trash post. Offense, especially scoring, will always be more important than individual defense.

Jokic Stan

Give is a rest already man. We don't need another super stan on this board.

Good college starter

Give is a rest already man. We don't need another super stan on this board.
    There is nothing to give a rest about. 5 straight finals appearances with 3 wins in the 4 rounds 7 game series era on the same team. Which other superstar can claim that? None come to mind. Add to that records in regular season wins and playoffs wins. Objectively when it comes to what matters a greater 5 year period is hard to come up with for any player in NBA history.
    Last edited by Stephonit; 06-09-2020 at 09:19 PM.

No kerr, no rings.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    No kerr, no rings.
    No Kerr and the Warriors go on a run that forms the basis of their 73-win record season. He comes back and they lose in the finals because of his insistence on playing Ezeli and Varajao.

0-5

It's amazing how delusional sports fans can become. Stephonit might even be an otherwise brilliant person in his life but once Steph Curry's name comes up he has a psychotic break. I'm glad I don't get into it like that and am of sound mind which is why I'm certain that Lebron is the greatest human ever.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    It's amazing how delusional sports fans can become. Stephonit might even be an otherwise brilliant person in his life but once Steph Curry's name comes up he has a psychotic break. I'm glad I don't get into it like that and am of sound mind which is why I'm certain that Lebron is the greatest human ever.
    It really is fascinating how delusional sports fans can become. They somehow think that the lesser player who has struggled to win championships is the best player in the world when possibly the greatest 5 years in NBA history is produced by another player playing at the same time. Boggles the mind.