Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Wade/Duncan/Lebron lost to Carlos Arroyo/Casiano/Ayuso by 19 points

So Puerto Rico must've been the better team, since that's your excuse for why teams beat Lebron - "they were just the better team"

strategy/teamwork/brand of ball have nothing to do with it

Accept facts - lebron can't employ the best strategy (ball movement), so he mostly loses the championship regardless of cast
    Last edited by 3ball; 10-22-2020 at 02:22 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Wade/Duncan/Lebron lost to Carlos Arroyo/Casiano/Ayuso by 19 points

The 2004 team was poorly constructed. Iverson and Marbury averaged the most minutes on that team, 2 inefficient scoring guards with no passing skills, the team also had no 3 point shooters. Larry Brown had a reputation for not playing young players, just look at the minutes LeBron, Wade, & Carmelo played in those Olympics, it wasn't much. In retrospect it would have been better to player the younger guys more.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Lebron played 13 minutes that game. Richard Jefferson, Odom, and Marion were all ahead of him back then. Pick a new game for this point. Jump a couple years at least. He played 13, 6, and 3 minutes in the losses in 04.

Go for the 06 games. You could manufacture something decent to complain about.

04 had nothing to do with Lebron and Wade.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

we done here?

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay View Post

we done here?
    Are you stupid or something?

The 92' Croatia team was stacked including a HOF (petrovic), a multiple all-star (Radja), Kukoc, and a lottery pick (tabak)

That's better than Arroyo/Casiano/Ayuso (1 NBA player and 2 overseas dudes)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Are you stupid or something?

The 92' Croatia team was stacked including a HOF (petrovic), a multiple all-star (Radja), Kukoc, and a lottery pick (tabak)

That's better than Arroyo/Casiano/Ayuso (1 NBA player and 2 overseas dudes)
    That's the type of response you will continue to get if you keep making threads that make no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Lebron played 13 minutes that game. Richard Jefferson, Odom, and Marion were all ahead of him back then. Pick a new game for this point. Jump a couple years at least. He played 13, 6, and 3 minutes in the losses in 04.

Go for the 06 games. You could manufacture something decent to complain about.

04 had nothing to do with Lebron and Wade.
    All the guys you named (Odom, Marion, etc) are far superior to arroyo, casiano and company.. including lebron, who still played 13 mpg (many people credit pippen with leading the MJ to his 1st playoff win with similar playing time)

So there's no excuse.. Puerto Rico had superior brand and teamwork, so they overcame their talent deficit and underdog status.

And why single out lebron to defend him - the thread title merely lists the 3 highest-rated all-time players on that team - 8 FMVP between them.. but you singled out lebron because you're a Shannon Sharpe Lebron guy and must defend his weak brand and strategy that got destroyed in the Olympics

I know you arent about to start behaving like a normal human being but if you dont see the issue with using 04 for such a point instead of 06 youre worse than I thought. And ive been pretty sure youre either literally insane or a counter troll here to make people hate Jordan for some time anyway. You wanna harp on a couple guys who didnt play go right ahead. Its just pretty....stupid.

No other way to put it.

Banned

The Jordan-led 1992 Dream Team lost to a bunch of college kids.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

I know you arent about to start behaving like a normal human being but if you dont see the issue with using 04 for such a point instead of 06 youre worse than I thought. And ive been pretty sure youre either literally insane or a counter troll here to make people hate Jordan for some time anyway. You wanna harp on a couple guys who didnt play go right ahead. Its just pretty....stupid.

No other way to put it.
    I'm pretty sure he's insane. He has made similar accounts on other forums making posts in his distinctive style. He typically gets banned instantly. No way anyone could keep up the counter-troll schtick up this long.

No other way to put it.
    Lebron should never lose to Carlos Arroyo.. by blowout

He had 13 minutes (40 minute game) to outplay him and Carlos destroyed him... Lebron couldn't even step up defensively to stop him.. lol

And it's just like 06', you're right.. lebron really got destroyed then.. it just adds to the many losses he took during that time, often wetting the bed like the Arroyo domination or the many losses and clutch failures in 06 World Hames.. or the 07' Finals, 08' ECF, or losses at goat favorites from 09-11'.

He finally got through against Westbrook-ball, the baby version, and then was saved in 13'.. solved and blown away in 14'...

Tbh, only in the Warriors era of beginner-ball, aka spacing, freedom of movement, hands-off mickey mouse did lebron start to be more reliable to not totally suck

Theres just....not much to talk about for 04. But it comes up now and then as if people literally dont know he wasnt playing. I just dont get how with so much obsession and some of you being hundreds of thousands of words into this argument you keep to the same basic points over and over. On the rare occasion I can even read some of them its always the same. No variety. And theres always something better to use that gets ignored.

Ive been wondering why when the issue comes up of Lebron never losing in the first round none of your side beings up 05 when the Cavs and Lebron pushed so hard to make the playoffs and he tried to Kobe/Jordan his way in and kept having those 12-35 or whatever games and had that losing streak the last week to put their season to bed.

Lost 3-4 in a row with Lebron gunning and thats why they missed the 05 playoffs which is why he never lost in the first round.

Been waiting for someone to notice and call attention to it. But no. Same points every time. Why have I not read anyone ask how Lebron while supposedly elevating his teammates so much had his team score 61 points in a game 7 while he totally vanished second half? Lots of unused material.

I like the classics when I go to my favorite restaurants too but sometimes you gotta switch it up. Yall dudes stay getting the sesame chicken combo and shrimp fried rice as if the chinese place menu isnt 4 pages.

Switch it up. You might like the Mongolian beef.

Variety is everything.

3-time NBA All-Star

we done here?
    U just exposing your lack of knowledge. That Croatia team was actually alright.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Another problem with invoking the Olympics for your agenda, you know who the team's coach, Chuck Daly, said was the best player on the 92' Dream Team, right?

we done here?
    Congrats, you managed to have an argument even dumber than op. Croatia and Lithuania were great teams.