Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default I think Miami should get a lot of credit for making it competitive

Lebron got credit for winning 2 games in 2015 in the Finals. Heat were missing 2 of their most important pieces and Butler still won them 2 games. Even Pat Riley says the series would have gone 7 if they were healthy. Miami probably would have beaten LA and would have been the better team in my opinion.

Give credit to the Heat. They put a scare in the Lakers without 2 of their best guys. Give credit to Jimmy Butler. He single-handedly made it a series. In terms of expectations Miami outclassed LA.

Default Re: I think Miami should get a lot of credit for making it competitive

Nope it was a Finals loss and now Jimmy Butler is 0/1 and a failure

Should have lost in the 1st round instead

Real Winners Lose Early

Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post

Real Winners Lose Early

What kind of logic is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    Lebron got credit for winning 2 games in 2015 in the Finals. Heat were missing 2 of their most important pieces and Butler still won them 2 games. Even Pat Riley says the series would have gone 7 if they were healthy. Miami probably would have beaten LA and would have been the better team in my opinion.

Give credit to the Heat. They put a scare in the Lakers without 2 of their best guys. Give credit to Jimmy Butler. He single-handedly made it a series. In terms of expectations Miami outclassed LA.
    No, the Heat didn't put a scare into the Lakers like the 2015 Cavs did to the Warriors.

The important difference is that in 2015 LeBron actually had a 2-1 lead on the Warriors - taking home court advantage away from Golden State.

That's much more of a scare than what the Heat did, starting down 0-2 and never leading or even tying the series vs the Lakers.

And in the end game 6 was a formality. The Heat got ran out of the series in a most embarrassing fashion. They were down about 40 at one point in an elimination game. Heat fans were in game threads literally typing, "Please guys, don't go out like this! It's okay to lose but please not like this!"

So give them credit for trying at least. They could've done worse.

Iggy was their lucky charm. Don't you think, op?

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    No, the Heat didn't put a scare into the Lakers like the 2015 Cavs did to the Warriors.

The important difference is that in 2015 LeBron actually had a 2-1 lead on the Warriors - taking home court advantage away from Golden State.

That's much more of a scare than what the Heat did, starting down 0-2 and never leading or even tying the series vs the Lakers.

And in the end game 6 was a formality. The Heat got ran out of the series in a most embarrassing fashion. They were down about 40 at one point in an elimination game. Heat fans were in game threads literally typing, "Please guys, don't go out like this! It's okay to lose but please not like this!"

I give them credit for even being there. And they took the Lakers to 6 games.

The Lakers overperformed imo. It was Rondo and Pope that continued to shock me. Like when the hell did Pope became a good role player? He was sucking and inconsistent for like two years, and defensively he was a freebie. In the playoffs, he stepped it up. And then old Rondo turned into playoff Rondo. Honestly those two really helped the Lakers throughout the playoffs. While ppl may look at the average stats of the finals and talk shit about them, I don't think they understood Rondo's ability to run the offense and pacing. He's one of the dudes who don't even have to score and change the game.

Of all teammates that LeBron has had, playoff Rondo is that dude that could control the pace of the game and the offense the best. And Pope in the finals would show up one game, and then suck hard for a couple of games, then show up in another game. But he was there to make a big bucket when Rondo or LeBron passed it to him at times.

And even tho they were below average with the 3pt shot, they improved in the playoffs. LeBron played out of his mind in the finals once again, but he was smart in how he went about it. Picked apart the zone defense of Miami. And Miami dared him to shoot too, sometimes he bite. His FTs and shooting is like his biggest weakness, but he hardly ever settled. The Heat also don't have enough bigs to protect the rim. He picked his spots well when he should attack and when he should pass as always.

AD was the biggest problem for the Heat imo. His rim protecting, his defense, his ability to keep up with the guards is too crazy. When his ankle got messed up, I thought the Heat could pass it to seven. But they ran out of gas and the Lakers defense bothered them.

The Heat are young, so they still have room to develop. It was still very impressive that they pushed the Lakers to six. It just that the Lakers will still take that win tho.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post

Real Winners Lose Early
    Jimmy Butler has moronic fans that champion him as greatest of all time? Miami was a fifth seed. Shouldn’t have even been there, let alone winning 2 games.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

One game was a rig job

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    What kind of logic is that?
    That poster has low basketball IQ

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post

1. Butler isn't considered the best player in the world like Lebron was in 2015.

2. The Heat were the 5 seed in the East.