Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Jordan won 6 rings in a weak 22-27 team league, half were expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by kawhileonard2 View Post
    That's Photoshop it was made in C#.

Let's focus on the points made. Forget the other stuff.
    Looks like everyone here knows you have a dup

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Jordan won 6 rings in a weak 22-27 team league, half were expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Looks like everyone here knows you have a dup
    No idea. Why was that savant eliminated? Was it because of the truth he was telling?

College star

The irony of this weak argument is that supposedly, if there wasn't expansion, then every team would have an additional 1-2 starters/stars/all-stars....except Chicago.

You can't take these LeBron stans seriously. The attitude is amazing that everyone gets the benefit of the doubt, except for MJ. And I love the automatic claim that Draymond and Iguodala are HOF'ers. Not to mention, some of these players were either much older when they did play LeBron in the finals, or they were too young to be considered elite (Harden 2012, Kawhi 2013).

In addition, the attitude is that Miami, for example, didn't have HOF'ers (LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Allen) or the Lakers (LeBron, AD, Rondo, Howard). So the argument works when it does and doesn't work when it doesn't. The entire HOF argument is a sham.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

Yiiiikes

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    The irony of this weak argument is that supposedly, if there wasn't expansion, then every team would have an additional 1-2 starters/stars/all-stars....except Chicago.

You can't take these LeBron stans seriously. The attitude is amazing that everyone gets the benefit of the doubt, except for MJ. And I love the automatic claim that Draymond and Iguodala are HOF'ers. Not to mention, some of these players were either much older when they did play LeBron in the finals, or they were too young to be considered elite (Harden 2012, Kawhi 2013).

In addition, the attitude is that Miami, for example, didn't have HOF'ers (LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Allen) or the Lakers (LeBron, AD, Rondo, Howard). So the argument works when it does and doesn't work when it doesn't. The entire HOF argument is a sham.
    meltdown

That's Photoshop it was made in C#.

Let's focus on the points made. Forget the other stuff.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    meltdown
    Have you ever responded to any of my counterclaims meaningfully? It's the same rhetoric with you Bran stans. Rinse, repeat, recycle. Little to no insight one liners.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Have you ever responded to any of my counterclaims meaningfully? It's the same rhetoric with you Bran stans. Rinse, repeat, recycle. Little to no insight one liners.
    There's really not much point when it comes to this kind of stuff. MJ stans have put him upon such a high pedestal where anything that goes against MJ in any way is simply glossed over or denied. He's a god to some people. It's honestly some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen. Not to mention many MJ stans don't know shit about basketball anyway. I like both players but prefer LeBron's style and career arch. Not really bothered if you disagree but I got sick of people constantly shitting on him over the years. Some of the things you said reminded me of that Spiderman pointing at Spiderman meme.

i think what MJ stans fail to understand is the LeBron guys who run rampart on this site are a natural effect of all the shit MJ stans have talked over the years.

Btw, I've never heard anyone claim Iggy and Green are HOF

College star

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    There's really not much point when it comes to this kind of stuff. MJ stans have put him upon such a high pedestal where anything that goes against MJ in any way is simply glossed over or denied. He's a god to some people. It's honestly some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen. Not to mention many MJ stans don't know shit about basketball anyway. I like both players but prefer LeBron's style and career arch. Not really bothered if you disagree but I got sick of people constantly shitting on him over the years. Some of the things you said reminded me of that Spiderman pointing at Spiderman meme.

i think what MJ stans fail to understand is the LeBron guys who run rampart on this site are a natural effect of all the shit MJ stans have talked over the years.

Btw, I've never heard anyone claim Iggy and Green are HOF
    That's fair. Others say the same. But clearly I'm not on some "MJ is the GOAT, LeBron sucks, Pippen sucks!" tirade.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Hemmingway View Post
    22 teams in the league when MJ was drafted, 27 teams when MJ retired

Half were brand new expansion teams (full of D-Leaguers, bench warmers, and Euro scrubs) so there was only really 12-14 legit teams in MJs era

What do you value more, Jordan only making 6 Finals and 6 rings in a weak 14 team league or LeBron's 10 Finals and 4 rings in a legit 30 team era?
    10-17 is easily way more impressive than 6-15. Especially when you consider that the 10-17 doesn't have any first round exits and 6-15 has three of them, including two sweeps.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Expansion had an impact, just look at rosters of top teams in 1985 and compare to 1996.

The Bulls' benefited because they were the only team with two MVP caliber players for the entire run and then they added a 3rd HOF player. No other team had two MVP caliber players (other than Orlando for two years). Houston had 3 HOF in 97', 98'--but all were past their primes (Pippen was still in his prime while Jordan wasn't but remained the best player).

In other words, the Bulls were a fluke and before the player movement era no other team could make a move to catch them.

Look at who the second best team of the 90's was: the Jazz (Rockets won chips but didn't do much for much of the decade whereas Utah contended every year). That is the "other" team that had 2 HOF players for the entire run. The only difference is Stockton wasn't a superstar, wasn't a MVP caliber player, etc. so his peak was a lot lower.

Other than the 90's and 00's, any contender would need multiple HOF. Those were outliers. In the 90's a team could contend with Reggie Miller as their best player (Klay without the defense). Can you imagine a team with Klay Thompson as their best player contending today or in the 80's?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Lol what a low IQ dum retard

Photoshop is a good tool these days. Can make stuff up on the go. Let's focus on what was said.
    Stone cold busted

22-27 is fine, its the same number of teams in playoffs anyway. Russell's era was different since the playoffs were shorter, the postseason is what matters.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets View Post
    22-27 is fine, its the same number of teams in playoffs anyway. Russell's era was different since the playoffs were shorter, the postseason is what matters.
    The issue isn't the # of teams per se. The issue is the extent and pace of expansion in a short window of time. In 1988 there were 23 teams; by 1996 there were 29. Just look at rosters from before this expansion and after and it is obvious rosters got diluted. Less HOF, less all-NBA, etc. players on top teams than before. This continued until player movement reversed "re-stacked" teams.