Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Good High School Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    873

    Default Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    Anyone notice how the "Patriots without Tom Brady" narrative is massively and I mean MASSIVELY pushed by the media to showcase Brady's greatness anywhere you look? This morning it was even on the Yahoo.com main page.

    Meanwhile, the fact that the:

    2010-2014 Cavs without LeBron
    2014-2018 Cavs in the 27 games LeBron missed (4-23 record)
    2018-2020 Cavs without LeBron

    in not one, not two, but all three of these periods are a hot, steaming pile of trash is quietly swept under the rug. At least in comparison to this new Brady narrative.

    Just as the Bulls winning only 2 games less in 1993-94 without Jordan, and then getting knocked out of the playoffs because of this crap is overlooked:



    Not to mention the fact that Brady, being a football player, only impacts about half of the game. The other half is defense and special teams. And even the part he does impact, there are way more players on the field than the 5 players that are on the basketball court at one time. Yet the poor state of the current Patriots adds to his status as the GOAT, whereas the Cavs massive failure without LeBron is merely a foot-note. And the haters have the audacity to say that the media is pro-LeBron.

  2. #2
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,908

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    The weird thing about the Brady stuff is they went 10-5 and 3-1 without him before. It is too early to make pronouncements. Cam looked good before he got Corona.

    Regarding your OP, dead on. There is a level of hypocrisy but the media loves MJ so much they don't hold him to the same standards they do for every other athlete on the planet.

    It also is funny how much LeBron's teams sucked without him yet he is the one with "super teams."

    Oh, and Hue Hollins sucks. He cost the Bulls a 40-1 home record a few years later too.

  3. #3
    NBA Legend Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,458

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    Well Tom Brady is GOAT of NFL, but Lebron isnt GOAT of NBA. Better comparison will be Brady vs MJ, and MJ wins in terms of domination since he never lost in the Finals.

  4. #4
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,908

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets View Post
    Well Tom Brady is GOAT of NFL, but Lebron isnt GOAT of NBA. Better comparison will be Brady vs MJ, and MJ wins in terms of domination since he never lost in the Finals.
    Yes, because Brady throwing for 500+ yards and putting up 33 points is why his team lost in 2017. I don't remember the specifics of what he did in 07', 11' but remember 17' vividly as an Eagles fan--Brady was magnificent that game--and I don't like him at all.

  5. #5
    The One CelticBaller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT, GOATLAND
    Posts
    24,859

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    The weird thing about the Brady stuff is they went 10-5 and 3-1 without him before. It is too early to make pronouncements. Cam looked good before he got Corona.

    Regarding your OP, dead on. There is a level of hypocrisy but the media loves MJ so much they don't hold him to the same standards they do for every other athlete on the planet.

    It also is funny how much LeBron's teams sucked without him yet he is the one with "super teams."

    Oh, and Hue Hollins sucks. He cost the Bulls a 40-1 home record a few years later too.
    we had the weakest schedule in the league in 2008

  6. #6
    Cancer Wally450's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    8,940

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    Yes, because Brady throwing for 500+ yards and putting up 33 points is why his team lost in 2017. I don't remember the specifics of what he did in 07', 11' but remember 17' vividly as an Eagles fan--Brady was magnificent that game--and I don't like him at all.
    That performance is the GOAT performance in a football game in a losing effort. If he didn't get strip sacked, he was marching that ball downfield. Guys killer instinct is on another level.

    2007 he was dogshit in the Super Bowl.

  7. #7
    College superstar Overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,643

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    People don't as care much for the NBA, Lebron or RS wins if they aren't recordbreaking.

  8. #8
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,908

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller View Post
    we had the weakest schedule in the league in 2008
    You also had Matt Cassell as QB. Then when Brady was suspended years later, they went 2-0 with Jimmy G and 1-1 with Brisset.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    That performance is the GOAT performance in a football game in a losing effort. If he didn't get strip sacked, he was marching that ball downfield. Guys killer instinct is on another level.

    2007 he was dogshit in the Super Bowl.
    Yup. The Patriots probably would have won against any other coach but Pederson made a series of ballsy calls that worked and proved to be the difference, along with the strip sack.

  9. #9
    Serious playground baller
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    414

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets View Post
    Well Tom Brady is GOAT of NFL, but Lebron isnt GOAT of NBA. Better comparison will be Brady vs MJ, and MJ wins in terms of domination since he never lost in the Finals.
    Brady lost in the super bowl therefore he disqualified from goat contention

  10. #10
    NBA Legend Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,458

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    Brady lost in the super bowl therefore he disqualified from goat contention
    Not really, its a different sports. Also you still dont understand why in NBA, a perfect finals record is a necessary condition. This is because MJ set the bar high, and its necessary to surpass MJ to become GOAT in basketball. For other sports the GOAT requirements are different since they dont have MJ.

  11. #11
    Serious playground baller
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    414

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets View Post
    Not really, its a different sports. Also you still dont understand why in NBA, a perfect finals record is a necessary condition. This is because MJ set the bar high, and its necessary to surpass MJ to become GOAT in basketball. For other sports the GOAT requirements are different since they dont have MJ.
    Joe Montana is 4-0

    MJ is 6-0

    Both haven’t won the most chips

  12. #12
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,881

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    Parallels with NFL and NBA are interesting. I don't see Lebron and Brady.

    I see Brady and Duncan. The GOAT who never lost a superbowl was Montana..

    The Patriots are an old team Cam being not 100% is a huge part of it.

  13. #13
    Made that high school varsity squad 8Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    711

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    Joe Montana > Brady because Joe NEVA lost in the Super Bowl.

    4-0 > 6-3 percentage wise. herp derp

  14. #14
    The One CelticBaller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT, GOATLAND
    Posts
    24,859

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    You also had Matt Cassell as QB. Then when Brady was suspended years later, they went 2-0 with Jimmy G and 1-1 with Brisset.



    Yup. The Patriots probably would have won against any other coach but Pederson made a series of ballsy calls that worked and proved to be the difference, along with the strip sack.
    You say it like those guys were bums. Matt Cassell played better outside New England and Brisset and Garappolo have winning records

  15. #15
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,908

    Default Re: Patriots without Tom Brady Vs Cavs/Heat without LeBron narrative

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller View Post
    You say it like those guys were bums. Matt Cassell played better outside New England and Brisset and Garappolo have winning records
    I noted G and Brisset for context purposes. They went 3-1 but that loss came with their third stringer. G is a good QB but Cassell, Brisset are journeymen who have been backups most of their careers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •