Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Beasley and Wall playing some pretty intense pickup ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    He played more than 600 games in the NBA. I think thats well past proving youre nba material.
    So he's been on about 10 teams over 10 years or so? He's a consummate **** up...and trust me, I know about that. The guys been on about 4 million teams. I'd imagine that says a lot about him more than it says about those teams. I think the most annoying think about Beasley is that people think he'd be some great player "if he had his head on straight". He has not athleticism or agility, is lazy as ****, and smokes weed 24/7....yeah I wouldn't want this guy on my team and I smoke weed 24/7. Shit makes you lazy. Regardless. He's just not that good. He had enough great talent to build enough skill on his lazy worth ethic to give himself a solid NBA career and he did NOTHING WITH IT.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Obviously there were issues. Im just saying a 10 year vet who played 600+ games and made 40+ million dollars is a hard sell as a guy who wasnt NBA material. Hes a bust but not to the extent hes high on a list. We arent talking a guy like Anthony Bennett here.

Decent playground baller

It's almost as if he thinks his youth will last forever. He clearly loves basketball, why not hoop and collect cheques at the highest level while you can? Shame.

Local High School Star

[QUOTE=pandiani17;14171921]Also, is it me or does John Wall look a bit fat?[

yes. Heavy . Not Dunk Comp fit

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Was really hoping Beasley would ball out after the suspension for the nets

Giannis answers the question: What if John Wall were 7 feet tall?

It's the same thing where the athleticism and the attitude are great, but there's something lacking with the finesse and with the vision that prevents them from being truly elite.

(And by saying 'not truly elite,' for Wall I mean top 8 in the league, and for Giannis I mean best player.)

Good college starter

Kblaze no way you havent seen the nba long enough to know that pick up basketball is useless when it comes to discussing how players will look in game.

Beasley will be useless and not get any relative minutes. Wall will be far diminished and his contract is untradeable

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Who said Beasley was even coming back?

And "untradeable" might as well be retired now. Like 4 contracts deemed so have moved lately. And 2 are probably gonna do it again. John Walls deal is Tobias Harris plus like...an MLE. Its Otto Porter plus Thaddeus Young. Hell Randle plus Bobby Portis can be traded for John Wall. Rozier and Biyambo match him salary wise. People have not yet caught up to how much role players make these days. All contracts can be moved and when you see Chris Pauls moved for the second time in 2 years I hope that sinks in. There are so many awful deals out there its easy to move them around if he looks halfway decent.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

100% Agree. If he is close to what he was I can totally see like Horford for Wall or Harris for Wall trade. People act like Durant is gonna be a-okay and Wall is worthless now even though they had the same injury and are about the same age. I agree that the prognosis for Durant may be better given his skillset, but I wouldn't rule out Wall being pretty good again.

And he was pretty good. When healthy he was like all-nba 3rd team (which is why he got that contract). You can argue he didn't deserve it but people act like he was Jerryd Bayless or something.

There are so many awful deals out there its easy to move them around if he looks halfway decent.
    Right. It seems like half the league makes either 20 or 40 mil a year, and most of these contracts will be expiring contracts in a year or two. You just move the guy you don't want for someone else's guy they don't want. None of these 40 mil players are bad. Just swap until you've got the one you want like Daryl Morey. Or unload to some team for two 20 mil guys.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb View Post
    100% Agree. If he is close to what he was I can totally see like Horford for Wall or Harris for Wall trade. People act like Durant is gonna be a-okay and Wall is worthless now even though they had the same injury and are about the same age. I agree that the prognosis for Durant may be better given his skillset, but I wouldn't rule out Wall being pretty good again.

And he was pretty good. When healthy he was like all-nba 3rd team (which is why he got that contract). You can argue he didn't deserve it but people act like he was Jerryd Bayless or something.
    Of course he was good. He was a multiple-time all-star and he led his team to the second round several times, something other stars haven't done yet.