Good High School Starter

Default How to make politicians accountable? Both sides. Sorry left brainwashed

Non partisan post. Still not reading the demented left bots here as they waste oxygen and time.

Yes, strong words but anyone who doesn't condemn the left and especially Biden is a hazard to society.

But both sides, right or left, how to hold politicians accountable? In Australia, many politicians and senior public officials are paid high salaries and benefits for the rest of their life.

So why not lie, cheat, and be corrupt if they can spin it or hide it like Biden?

P.s. the same would apply for those who despise Trump - although he was impeached twice and cleared. Doubt Biden even has clear underwear.

Default Re: How to make politicians accountable? Both sides. Sorry left brainwashed

political corruption should be punishable by death, or a life sentence.

when i say 'corruption' i'm speaking in regard to how X pharmaceutical company 'donates' X amount of dollars to ______ senator. when said senator is elected, that pharmaceutical company calls he or she and says something along the lines of 'i had a hand in getting you elected. you're not gonna turn around and vote for lowering prescription drug prices on me now, are you? because as long as you don't, i'll continue to donate to your campaign fund and help ensure your re-election. "

...so aside from the culture war nonsense you see politicians using to manipulate and distract you through cnn & fox, in the end, this is the only shit that really matters and is everything wrong with washington.

this, and the national debt will eventually lead to this country's downfall in one way or another. if we don't have a nuclear exchange with a putin or kim first.
    Last edited by diamenz; 06-14-2022 at 06:24 PM.

Default Re: How to make politicians accountable? Both sides. Sorry left brainwashed

No system is perfect. A system where politicians face death for every offense has its cons too.

Democracy is highly dependent on the will of the people. If they choose to elect rotten leaders, then suffering is what they get and deserve.

Personally I'd start with raising the voting age to 28. It never made sense to me that someone at 18, still so ignorant and inexperienced of the world, are allowed to vote. Let him/her get 10 years of life experience, then he can vote.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post

Personally I'd start with raising the voting age to 28. It never made sense to me that someone at 18, still so ignorant and inexperienced of the world, are allowed to vote. Let him/her get 10 years of life experience, then he can vote.
    This is stupid. Young people need to have a say in the world they live in too. It's like saying old people shouldn't vote because they are out of touch with today. It's not as if they don't constantly choose shitty candidates also.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    No system is perfect. A system where politicians face death for every offense has its cons too.

Democracy is highly dependent on the will of the people. If they choose to elect rotten leaders, then suffering is what they get and deserve.

I do like the idea of raising the voting age, and also think that 18 year olds are NOT adults. Neither are 21 year olds. I don't know where the line is though, and it also depends on gender (there are only two genders). I think a better idea would be to limit voting to those that are not claimed as a dependent on their taxes unless they are as disabled as AlwaysWrongbladefd. People who don't file taxes as single, filing jointly, etc should not be allowed to have any influence on how the government spends tax money. Not only should there be voter ID, there should also be proof of filing taxes. So people like MSNBCLegend32, ObeseAxe, FascistRR3, LowIQoffthecourt should not be allowed to vote because they live with their parents and are claimed as a dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_AAP View Post
    Meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_AAP View Post
    I do like the idea of raising the voting age, and also think that 18 year olds are NOT adults. Neither are 21 year olds. I don't know where the line is though, and it also depends on gender (there are only two genders). I think a better idea would be to limit voting to those that are not claimed as a dependent on their taxes unless they are as disabled as AlwaysWrongbladefd. People who don't file taxes as single, filing jointly, etc should not be allowed to have any influence on how the government spends tax money. Not only should there be voter ID, there should also be proof of filing taxes. So people like MSNBCLegend32, ObeseAxe, FascistRR3, LowIQoffthecourt should not be allowed to vote because they live with their parents and are claimed as a dependent.
    There is no line. Just what's reasonable for the society and pick an age from there. Personally I don't think 18 years old voting is reasonable in this society for reasons already stated. Maybe in an amazon tribal society where as a norm 10 years old already hunt and work, 18 would be a reasonable age. But for a few people, even 15 or 10 years old voting is reasonable. Different minds, different reasons. I won't say they're stupid or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    political corruption should be punishable by death, or a life sentence.

when i say 'corruption' i'm speaking in regard to how X pharmaceutical company 'donates' X amount of dollars to ______ senator. when said senator is elected, that pharmaceutical company calls he or she and says something along the lines of 'i had a hand in getting you elected. you're not gonna turn around and vote for lowering prescription drug prices on me now, are you? because as long as you don't, i'll continue to donate to your campaign fund and help ensure your re-election. "

...so aside from the culture war nonsense you see politicians using to manipulate and distract you through cnn & fox, in the end, this is the only shit that really matters and is everything wrong with washington.

this, and the national debt will eventually lead to this country's downfall in one way or another. if we don't have a nuclear exchange with a putin or kim first.
    This is the right idea. Especially when you consider that their corruption kills more strangers, unknown people than any serial killer could ever kill on their own.

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer28 View Post
    Non partisan post. Still not reading the demented left bots here as they waste oxygen and time.

Yes, strong words but anyone who doesn't condemn the left and especially Biden is a hazard to society.

But both sides, right or left, how to hold politicians accountable? In Australia, many politicians and senior public officials are paid high salaries and benefits for the rest of their life.

So why not lie, cheat, and be corrupt if they can spin it or hide it like Biden?

P.s. the same would apply for those who despise Trump - although he was impeached twice and cleared. Doubt Biden even has clear underwear.
    In no way was Trump cleared.

Politicians have never been accountable to the public in a meaningful way in the history of this nation... and its probably not possible to change that unless money is disconnected from politics entirely (we all know thats never gonna happen).

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Politicians have never been accountable to the public in a meaningful way in the history of this nation... and its probably not possible to change that unless money is disconnected from politics entirely (we all know thats never gonna happen).
    Good point - so big money always wins?

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    This is the right idea. Especially when you consider that their corruption kills more strangers, unknown people than any serial killer could ever kill on their own.
    Good points from both of you (although I block diamenz for some crazy left brainwashed posts in the past).

The problem is that capital punishment could be used for political prosecutions. No doubt Trump would have faced death multiple times - rightly or wrongly. Whilst Biden has not even been impeached despite incriminating emails and details around his son's laptop.

Thus, corruption would be hard to prove and if the system is corrupt - how could you trust it to punish the corrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer28 View Post
    Good point - so big money always wins?
    yep, it always has and probably always will... and this problem is obviously not isolated to the modern US, money has controlled political life worldwide ever since money and politics came into existence