Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best NFL wide receiver? Davante Adams says it's him

Who do you say are the best wide receivers in the NFL this season?

Per ESPN: "When asked if he's the best wide receiver in the league, Adams said: "I think that's fair to say. I think that's not being conceited. That's just being confident. I think, obviously, what I've done and what I'm going to continue to do is going to prove that to anybody who isn't on board with that."

Now, Adams was directly asked this question. So, what's he going to say, no? Almost any player will agree with the premise.

What say you?

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: Best NFL wide receiver? Davante Adams says it's him

It's Hopkins

Adams is top-10...maybe top-5...I always thought he was overrated just due to his situation of being the only guy for Rodgers to throw at, but he's a talented WR.

maybe I can work up a top-10 list later today...haven't thought about ranking much this year really

Julio Jones

Facts Are Misleading

It's definitely not Hopkins.

Julio Jones is #1

Michael Thomas is #2

Julio been having trouble just staying on the field... I'm not even sure he's the #1 on his own team any more.

I can see an argument for MT though

But question...how is it "definitely" not Hopkins?... like he's not even in your top 5?

Facts Are Misleading

There you go speaking out of you pooper again.

Didn't Julio just lead the league in yards in 2018? 2nd in the league last year? 2nd in 2017?

And top 3 this year in yards per game?

Here's why it definitely isn't Hopkins - Because it definitely IS Julio Jones.

your big stat is YPG, but Hopkins has more than Julio...WHILE staying healthy

Facts Are Misleading

You can judge a player and say he's the best based on a 7 game sample all you want. People hopefully will call you out on that bullshit.

I'll take the more logical approach and use a 50+ game sample size, with more emphasis/weight given to the last two years.

It's Hopkins right now. He's so difficult to cover.

$hit man... I wonder if it will be DK Metcalf here soon.

looks like a T.O. / Megatron type of receiver to me.

Could be FF #1 receiver off the board next year.

Hopkins doesn't seem like an Elite player to be considered best in the league. He was traded away for a below average running back.

but yea... I guess one could argue he's currently the best in the league. If it's Dallas deciding who to take for a year or two... I'd want them to take Hopkins over Adams.

but you still have Julio & M.Thomas to consider... if it's just one game, I'd take one of them over Hopkins or Adams.

Depending on your game plan... T.Hill, while not the best, could still be considered the most dangerous. The Chiefs don't need him to dominate, but if they did call on him to do so... he can deliver.

Also... I have no problem calling Dalvin Cook the best RB in the league. He is without question currently the best.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post

Also... I have no problem calling Dalvin Cook the best RB in the league. He is without question currently the best.
    Off the top of my head, I can't remember a time when the rb position was this loaded at the top. Kamara, CMC, Hunt, Chubb, Jacobs, Cook, Henry,...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    Off the top of my head, I can't remember a time when the rb position was this loaded at the top. Kamara, CMC, Hunt, Chubb, Jacobs, Cook, Henry,...
    Zeke and Saquon too...there really are a ton of elite RBs right now

Gurley would be in there too if he hadn't been injured

$hit man... I wonder if it will be DK Metcalf here soon.

looks like a T.O. / Megatron type of receiver to me.

Could be FF #1 receiver off the board next year.

Hopkins doesn't seem like an Elite player to be considered best in the league. He was traded away for a below average running back.

but yea... I guess one could argue he's currently the best in the league. If it's Dallas deciding who to take for a year or two... I'd want them to take Hopkins over Adams.

but you still have Julio & M.Thomas to consider... if it's just one game, I'd take one of them over Hopkins or Adams.

Depending on your game plan... T.Hill, while not the best, could still be considered the most dangerous. The Chiefs don't need him to dominate, but if they did call on him to do so... he can deliver.

I agree with basically this entire post.

Metcalf totally reminds me of Megatron in the sense that his physical gifts look to simply be on a different level than most other NFL players, and he definitely still has room to improve on his route running, hands, timing, decision making, and other receiver skills... the sky is the limit for him.

Hopkins is definitely an elite player in the "skill" metrics where Metcalf is still improving (route running, hands, timing, etc), and the same is true for Michael Thomas and Davante Adams... but while Metcalf has still has the potential to develop his skillset to a truly elite level, these other guys will never be able to develop the physical gifts of Metcalf.

The one guy who I think is undeniably elite in terms of both physical gifts and WR skillset is Julio Jones, and at this moment I would probably have to rank him #1 overall (when healthy).

Maybe I am biased because I snagged him in fantasy, but I also think that Justin Jefferson is going to be a consensus top 5 WR in the not so distant future. He doesnt have elite size like Metcalf, but he is a phenomenal athlete and his WR skillset is as good as any other rookie WR I can ever remember watching. FWIW, PFF currently has Jefferson ranked 2nd overall among receivers (they have Davante as #1).
    Last edited by Nanners; 11-14-2020 at 03:28 AM.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    Zeke and Saquon too...there really are a ton of elite RBs right now

Gurley would be in there too if he hadn't been injured
    Dang. I completely forgot about zeke and saquon too.

See what I'm saying. T.Hill is easily in that Top-5 conversation.

He makes it look easy too, doing back flips in the end zone... and he has a SB ring.

261 yrds and 3 TDs... Still enough time left for that 4th TD.