Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Which Laker free agents will be back?

Odd Dwight said he was going back to the Lakers. Then he was going to Golden State. Then he chooses the 76ers.... GS and LA are both better choices. Dwight isn't going to be happy there. I think they will need to look to Cousins now. They apparently have a meeting with Bogdanovic now. That would be really interesting. Maybe that's why they are waiting on the vets minimum contracts. They need all the space they can get. Clearly they would need to move someone to sign him. That would be a pretty major upgrade though.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24 View Post
    Odd Dwight said he was going back to the Lakers. Then he was going to Golden State. Then he chooses the 76ers.... GS and LA are both better choices. Dwight isn't going to be happy there. I think they will need to look to Cousins now. They apparently have a meeting with Bogdanovic now. That would be really interesting. Maybe that's why they are waiting on the vets minimum contracts. They need all the space they can get. Clearly they would need to move someone to sign him. That would be a pretty major upgrade though.
    I read Bogdanovic agreed to deal with Atlanta

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...an_bogdanovic/

NBA lottery pick

That's changed in the last few hours I guess. He's going to meet with Atlanta and LA.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-laker...204515684.html

Seems Dwight had decided to stay in LA then changed his mind at the last minute. He deleted that tweet in just minutes. Don't know what happened or changed

Added Montrezl Harrell.. Uhhh, I don't know what to make of it.. Harrell is a good player, but I rather have Dwight.. I don't know.

Signings so far:

Danny Green to Matthews is close enough. Might be minor downgrade, but it's close. It's worth saving the money though if we can spend it elsewhere.
    Rondo to Schroeder is an upgrade.
    Dwight to Harrell is a slight downgrade.

Our defense has gotten bit weaker overall. Offense is more explosive and has more firepower for sure.

I don't know what is up with Bradley. Lakers might end up keeping him in the end, idk. I hope Lakers keep either Bradley or KCP. We need their defense.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I would have rather had Dwight, especially when you look at what they both are going to get paid. It sounds like it was the Lakers who messed up the Dwight deal though.

However, sources within the organization are adamant that a formal offer was never made, maintaining that dialogue was merely a “deal concept.” Howard thought if he agreed to the “deal concept” that it was a done deal, sources said. He was forced to delete his tweet. – via Chris Haynes @ Yahoo! Sports

Lakers management informed Howard’s agent that they had to consult with team ownership and seek approval before making an official offer, sources said. Howard waited for nearly an hour without hearing back, sources said. Communication was strictly between the Lakers front office and Howard’s agent, sources said. – via Chris Haynes @ Yahoo! Sports

NBA lottery pick

I keep seeing Marc Gasol rumors somehow too.

Okay, Lakers used full MLE for Harrell when we could have kept Dwight for under 3mill.. I don't like this, but it is what it is. I hope Harrell makes me look bad!

Well, now we only have veteran's minimum and our Bird rights players like KCP/Bradley/AD. That's our off-season. I hope we bring back either Bradley or KCP or both if Lakers want to go deep in luxury tax territory.

NBA lottery pick

I have to figure they must be thinking about another trade. It's just not making sense. Harrell clearly had better numbers than Dwight but he's so small I don't see how it works exactly. The Lakers definitely need another big. They also need help at the guard position.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24 View Post
    I have to figure they must be thinking about another trade. It's just not making sense. Harrell clearly had better numbers than Dwight but he's so small I don't see how it works exactly. The Lakers definitely need another big. They also need help at the guard position.
    I agree about Harrell being undersized. That could be an issue.

As for guard, we have Bird rights over KCP/Bradley. Bring 1 or both back and we are set at guard.

Roster so far:

Harrell/Gasol/Bell
    AD/Kuzma
    LeBron/Kuzma/THT/McKinnie*
    Matthews/KCP
    Schroeder/Caruso/KCP

Still have 4 slots left for veteran minimums. Hopefully Markieff returns to backup AD at the 4. Dudley implied days ago he would return for veterans minimum.

*Lakers got ALFONZO MCKINNIE from Cleveland in McGee salary dump so maybe Lakers will keep MCKINNIE on bench for garbage minutes rather than waive him.