Default DJI set for a new all time high today

unless of course something drastic changes in the next 90min. Pretty awesome news for those invested in stocks.

Default Re: DJI set for a new all time high today

I only regret not taking on enough risk.

Should have bought like crazy in March like I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone View Post
    I only regret not taking on enough risk.

Should have bought like crazy in March like I wanted to.
    Yeah there's a lot of what-ifs.

I don't care what people tell me, I just feel safer with liquid assets in a situation i'm unfamiliar with. Who knows what would happen if everyone started to withdraw from banks...

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

It's not too late, there is still so much shit that is way underpriced. The tech market is overpriced and driving everything currently, so just stay away from that.

still a value buy:

-airlines
    -food chains
    -gas station chains
    -banks
    -clothing retailers
    -hotel chains

Those things should still be viewed as long term as they have a while to recover, but it doesn't take wall street long to jack up prices once a recovery is within view, and with all the positive vaccine news it's coming.

Also we dumped trillions of new dollars into the market...that in itself is going to drive the market up. I think the DOW will hit 40,000 within just a few years.

What's that? The economy is taking a shit? Market dips... fed prints money... market goes up.
    What's that? The economy is doing well? Fed prints money... market goes up.

Market literally always goes up short of damn near nuclear news and even then, so long as the fed is still around... market goes up. Devaluing the **** out of the dollar and deluding people into thinking that things are ok and that the dollar isn't being completely shit on.

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

hodl off on the excitement

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    It's not too late, there is still so much shit that is way underpriced. The tech market is overpriced and driving everything currently, so just stay away from that.

still a value buy:

-airlines
    -food chains
    -gas station chains
    -banks
    -clothing retailers
    -hotel chains

Those things should still be viewed as long term as they have a while to recover, but it doesn't take wall street long to jack up prices once a recovery is within view, and with all the positive vaccine news it's coming.

Also we dumped trillions of new dollars into the market...that in itself is going to drive the market up. I think the DOW will hit 40,000 within just a few years.
    IMO, be very very careful about airlines/food chains/clothing/hotel/gas station stocks for now because covid is going crazy right now. Records are being broken by COVID, and number of dead people is going up.

Those stocks will still be low for a few more weeks until vaccine is close. I would just hold off for now from blowing your load all at once right now. Buy a few stocks, wait for a dip coming very soon as covid hits climax (build up cash if you can). Stocks will fall in December dip so buy few more then.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    IMO, be very very careful about airlines/food chains/clothing/hotel/gas station stocks for now because covid is going crazy right now. Records are being broken by COVID, and number of dead people is going up.

Those stocks will still be low for a few more weeks until vaccine is close. I would just hold off for now from blowing your load all at once right now. Buy a few stocks, wait for a dip coming very soon as covid hits climax (build up cash if you can). Stocks will fall in December dip so buy few more then.
    You said this months ago and have missed out. I have dozens of stocks in those sectors and the only one that isn't in the green right now is XOM (Exxon-Mobile) But even that is FINALLY starting to trend up. I'm making a killing on them. I just sold a boat load of Delta Airlines yesterday for 30% profit. I have continually purchased these as they dipped down, and they have been trending up for a while now.

buy-low, sell-high...the single most basic investing fundamental....buy up the cheap stuff!...ignore the overpriced stuff (lots of it right now hence the DOW at 30k)

These large underpriced chains are about as safe as it gets, as long as view them as long term and are willing to wait for it. Yeah covid could make them dip a little more from here, but the stock market doesn't need them to make a real life recovery. The stocks will recover WAY before the actual businesses do.