Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Top five NFL quarterbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Gougou View Post
    Colin Kaepernick too... always got deep in the playoffs but never made into the big stage.
    yup... another one.

Never trust a rushing QB (outside fantasy). There's been so many in the past 20 years... and they NEVER win it all. When shit gets tight, and it inevitably does in the playoffs, a passing QB will always dominate a rushing QB. Which should be common sense given the nature of the position.

I would take Eli over Lamar Jackson and not even think twice of it. And I'm an Eagles fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gougou View Post
    Colin Kaepernick too... always got deep in the playoffs but never made into the big stage.
    greg roman

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    We've seen plenty of flukes from non-passing types do that. Cam did that once, made the super bowl, got trounced and never came close again. RG3 and others too. Sometimes it takes the league a season's worth of film to adjust to these super elite rushing QB's. And once they start to force them to throw they flounder.

Lamar got shit on in the playoffs last year. Mahomes won the Super Bowl. Mahomes is a GOAT passer. Nobody should ever trust these rushing QB's who can't throw... I watched McNabb, Vick, Griffin, Cam, and now Jackson.... you're never winning with these types. Russell Wilson is the first great rusher I seen who can throw and shocker, he's a super bowl champion. Rodgers used to be able to run a bit too.

Pretty much, if a QB rushes better than he throws, you aint winning shit.
    If you want to argue that rushing is a crutch or whatever for QBs I have no problem with that... but in your first post in this thread you said Mahomes, Murray and Wilson stand out the most to you. Murrays success is largely due to his ability to run with the ball (he is currently 8th in the entire league in rushing yards, and 2nd in rushing TDs behind Dalvin Cook). If you ignore Murrays rushing stats there are a dozen QBs who have outperformed him this year.

For the record, I am not trying to shit on Murray... I think he is one of the best QBs in the league and his ability to move is a big part of that.
    Last edited by Nanners; 11-21-2020 at 05:31 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    If you want to argue that rushing is a crutch or whatever for QBs I have no problem with that... but in your first post in this thread you said Mahomes, Murray and Wilson stand out the most to you. Murrays success is largely due to his ability to run with the ball (he is currently 8th in the entire league in rushing yards, and 2nd in rushing TDs behind Dalvin Cook). If you ignore Murrays rushing stats there are a dozen QBs who have outperformed him this year.

For the record, I am not trying to shit on Murray... I think he is one of the best QBs in the league and his ability to move is a big part of that.
    Murray was a first class baseball player. He can throw. Russell Wilson played D1 baseball. Anybody that played baseball at that high a level can throw a ball. I have 100x more confidence Kyler will be able to throw better than Lamar. Jackson has absolutely no throwing pedigree. He's a running back at QB.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

if jackson isnt a good passer then how did he lead the league in TD passes and put up a 113 passer rating? (#2nd in the league, just 3 points behind #1 Brees)

its not like Jackson was being helped by great receiving talent last year... ffs a sophmore mark andrews lead that team in recs, yards, and TDs
    Just watch the games, Lamar is not a good passer, he is very inaccurate when he throws 20+ yards.

Nanners tried to to hype up earlier this year too lol, said he was an MVP candidate.

The guy just seems so wonky when throwing the ball, makes Mike Vick look like Brady

Just so were clear, you all believe that the QB who was unanimously voted MVP last season (only the second unanimous MVP in NFL history), who lead the league in passing TDs and was 2nd in passer rating (despite having one of the weakest groups of receiving talent in the league and a run-first coach), is a bad passer and not even top 5 at his position...

Nanners tried to to hype up earlier this year too lol, said he was an MVP candidate.

The guy just seems so wonky when throwing the ball, makes Mike Vick look like Brady
    Yeah how crazy am I to think that a 23 year old who was unanimous MVP last season would be a MVP candidate again the following season

Can you please link me to this post?
    Last edited by Nanners; 11-24-2020 at 02:53 AM.

Just so were clear, you all believe that the QB who was unanimously voted MVP last season (only the second unanimous MVP in NFL history), who lead the league in passing TDs and was 2nd in passer rating (despite having one of the weakest groups of receiving talent in the league and a run-first coach), is a bad passer and not even top 5 at his position...

Yeah how crazy am I to think that a 23 year old who was unanimous MVP last season would be a MVP candidate again the following season

Can you please link me to this post?
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...-the-money-now

not MVP candidate but you overrated him like crazy and I pointed out that he likely peaked.

you all believe that the QB who was unanimously voted MVP last season (only the second unanimous MVP in NFL history), who lead the league in passing TDs and was 2nd in passer rating (despite having one of the weakest groups of receiving talent in the league and a run-first coach), is a bad passer and not even top 5 at his position
    Cam Newton threw for 35 TDs in 2015, second to only Brady, top 10 in passer rating, above someone like Aaron Rodgers and had a shitty receiving core.

Does anybody with a brain think Cam is a good thrower?

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller View Post
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...-the-money-now

not MVP candidate but you overrated him like crazy and I pointed out that he likely peaked.
    WTF are you talking about, I didnt rate Jackson at all in that post... In case it wasnt obvious enough for your simple brain, what I was saying was that - given the precident recently set by Mahomes contract, had Lamar followed up his MVP season with a championship his team would probably offer him a ridiculous contract as well.

Cam Newton threw for 35 TDs in 2015, second to only Brady, top 10 in passer rating, above someone like Aaron Rodgers and had a shitty receiving core.

Does anybody with a brain think Cam is a good thrower?
    Cam had 10 INTs compared to Jacksons 6, and Cams completion rate was 6 points lower (59.8 vs 66.1). Cams 99.4 passer rating in 2015 was the high water mark for his entire 10 year career... Lamar Jackson hit 113.3 in just his second season (he also happened to have 450 more rushing yards than the best rushing season in cams career).

If you look back through this thread, I one never said Jackson was an elite passer... what I said was that he should be mentioned in a discussion of the top 5 QBs in the league. I said that his passing ability is "good", and I said that I dont think a QB can wind up near the top of the league in passing stats if they have crappy receivers and poor passing ability.

Anyway, the fact that a guy who thinks 2020 Brady is the 3rd best QB in the entire NFL would go and criticize anyone elses NFL opinions is laughable...
    Last edited by Nanners; 11-27-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Anyway, the fact that a guy who thinks 2020 Brady is the 3rd best QB in the entire NFL would go and criticize anyone elses NFL opinions is laughable...
    Nanners with another low IQ comment

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    1. Mahomes
    2. Rodgers
    3. Wilson
    4. Brady
    5. Brees
    Still stick by this, but I must give Josh Allen an honorable mention. He is gonna be a problem for years to come.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Still stick by this, but I must give Josh Allen an honorable mention. He is gonna be a problem for years to come.
    Brees over Allen right now is insane

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Brees over Allen right now is insane
    Allen without a doubt had a better season, but this is Allen's first pro bowl season. I've seen time and time again QBs have elite seasons then fall off. 2015 Cam & 2017 Wentz come to mind, have to see Allen have another elite season for me to put him top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller View Post
    Nanners with another low IQ comment
    well no doubt youre an expert on low iq comments

in the 6 games the bucs played vs playoff teams this year, the "3rd best" QB in the league led his team to a 1-5 record and averaged 238 YRD at 61% completion with 2 TD and 1.8 INT.... Jameis Winstonesque
    Last edited by Nanners; 01-07-2021 at 01:05 AM.

40 TD's in a new system, better td:int ratio than Wilson

Yeah he's the 3rd best.

Wilson against playoff teams

2-2, 4 tds 5 ints