View Poll Results: which one

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lavine

10 24.39%
  • Booker

31 75.61%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Zach Lavine or Devin Booker?

Booker is better player. However, it is more fun to watch Lavine, he seems like dancing, performing art with the ball.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

TBH... they're both vastly overrated. Two horrible defenders who produce on mediocre efficiency. Just look what happens when an ancient Chris Paul comes over... +10 in the metrics. Ayton is +7 and Bridges is an unreal +25. Booker? -6. I really am getting sick of people acting like these chucker types are the best players on the team. The Suns were beyond lotto with Booker dropping 70.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    TBH... they're both vastly overrated. Two horrible defenders who produce on mediocre efficiency. Just look what happens when an ancient Chris Paul comes over... +10 in the metrics. Ayton is +7 and Bridges is an unreal +25. Booker? -6. I really am getting sick of people acting like these chucker types are the best players on the team. The Suns were beyond lotto with Booker dropping 70.
    First off, you're discussing Booker's current stats who's been in a slump and having a terrible start to the season for his standards, as if this is how he usually plays. Come on now. Dude last year averaged like 27ppg on efficient shooting(49% FG% iirc) with like 7 apg 4 rpg and 92% FT last year. And his box +/- was way better last season EVEN with him being on a team that had injuries and 25 game Ayton suspension with poor depth to make up for it, and missed the playoffs. In reality some of the highest +/- 5 man lineups in the entire league(iirc even the #1 top +/- lineup period) were on the Suns and had Devin Booker.

Yeah, this year he's struggled to get a shooting rhythm going so far and his chemistry with the new players is slowly developing every game, and even his FT% has been in a very unusual slump. But I'm sure he'll eventually get it going. His defense has improved though, he's not NEARLY as bad as he used to be. It's reflected in his advanced stat rankings too. Sure, he's still an average defender nothing special. But he's not terrible anymore, and definitely on the upwards trend on that side of the ball.

And it's so corny when people bring up losing the 70 point game as if it's something to be embarrassed of lol. Like wtf, they would have lost by 60 if he didn't drop 70. His supporting cast in that game was straight up the worst roster I've ever seen step onto an NBA court in my life. Playing against arguably the best defense in the league that year in their home court. Nobody else on the Suns could do jack shit, meanwhile Book was straight up torching them efficiently while getting double and triple teamed. As a 20 year old.

Just look at that lineup lol. Jesus ****ing christ. I couldn't even imagine how many points they would have lost by if Book wasn't there. Maybe 60 was being conservative.
    Last edited by wagexslave; 01-13-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Last season 5 man lineups sorted by net rating(minimum 200 mins played)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

lavine so far seems to be having an off year so far ... but his past years performances I have him over Booker

Quote Originally Posted by LeCola View Post
    Booker is better player. However, it is more fun to watch Lavine, he seems like dancing, performing art with the ball.
    Booker has a much better team now

Saw a basketball once

Both are close statistically speaking but mostly due to lack of exposure, you can get Lavine for a lower cost. However Lavine will put up a subpar game ever 10 games or so and does have some injury concerns as well. Booker simply never lets up. He puts up big numbers every game and has been very durable.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave View Post
    First off, you're discussing Booker's current stats who's been in a slump and having a terrible start to the season for his standards, as if this is how he usually plays. Come on now. Dude last year averaged like 27ppg on efficient shooting(49% FG% iirc) with like 7 apg 4 rpg and 92% FT last year. And his box +/- was way better last season EVEN with him being on a team that had injuries and 25 game Ayton suspension with poor depth to make up for it, and missed the playoffs. In reality some of the highest +/- 5 man lineups in the entire league(iirc even the #1 top +/- lineup period) were on the Suns and had Devin Booker.

Yeah, this year he's struggled to get a shooting rhythm going so far and his chemistry with the new players is slowly developing every game, and even his FT% has been in a very unusual slump. But I'm sure he'll eventually get it going. His defense has improved though, he's not NEARLY as bad as he used to be. It's reflected in his advanced stat rankings too. Sure, he's still an average defender nothing special. But he's not terrible anymore, and definitely on the upwards trend on that side of the ball.

And it's so corny when people bring up losing the 70 point game as if it's something to be embarrassed of lol. Like wtf, they would have lost by 60 if he didn't drop 70. His supporting cast in that game was straight up the worst roster I've ever seen step onto an NBA court in my life. Playing against arguably the best defense in the league that year in their home court. Nobody else on the Suns could do jack shit, meanwhile Book was straight up torching them efficiently while getting double and triple teamed. As a 20 year old.

Just look at that lineup lol. Jesus ****ing christ. I couldn't even imagine how many points they would have lost by if Book wasn't there. Maybe 60 was being conservative.
    It's entirely possible Booker can be a good player on a good team. And maybe things will turn around for him this year. We have 100's of games of data right now though and he's been a negative impact player so far because he has played no defense, and scores on high volume and mediocre efficiency with a ton of turnovers. You should recognize this now that you have Chris Paul on your team, a guy that produces tremendously in the positive anywhere he goes. That's true basketball.

lol at the results of the poll

Lavine is having a big year no doubt. His TS is 10% better than his career average while also scoring more points.

Op still thinks d-rose is better than both nowadays

Before this year I would have said Booker (I probably voted in that poll and said so). LaVine has made a huge jump, and his stats are increasingly less-empty. I think LaVine would be a better fit with CP3 that Booker is. I trust Booker more as a lead ball-handler than LaVine, and they're kind of a wash a scorers.

To be fair, Booker is adjusting to a new role right now on a really good team. LaVine is shooting way way way higher than his career numbers from every distance, and might regress a bit. I'm still taking Booker.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

lavine .... when he wants to , he seems to take over a game

Pretty clearly LaVine at this point

It's looking more and more like LaVine was the right choice, like we said.