NBA lottery pick

Default 2020 Offseason Pistons Moves

It doesn't matter who is in this front office anymore. This team is just not going to succeed. It's sad. Why on earth give up a 1st round pick for Ariza? I like Ariza as a player. The Pistons have needed help on the wing for years. With that said they're still a terrible team. They aren't going to attract a top notch FA. So now we have a veteran group mixed with a few young guys. They could get to like .500 at best and continue to be stuck in mediocrity. Why would we want their pick in the draft tonight? This is going to be a historically bad draft. I want our first round pick in a better draft. I guess our only hope right now is maybe the use the two #1's tonight and move up with a team like Golden State.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2020 Off Season Moves

I wasn't really worried about the #7 pick. Let's hope Hayes turns into something good. I leaned Haliburton over him a bit in terms of the guards but who knows what will happen. It was definitely a position of need for us.

NBA lottery pick

Does Troy Weaver think this is a video game? Why on earth would we give up Kennard for Saddiq Bey like that?? Maybe they thought they wouldn't be able to keep him long term? It's hard to even root for the Pistons at this point. Today was clearly just a GM wanting to try to make a splash and all it did was keep a mediocre team mediocre. There's clearly something wrong going on in Detroit. It starts with Gores.

NBA lottery pick

Why did we just throw all of our money at Jahlil Okafur and Mason Plumlee instead of Christian Wood? No problems with Okafur signing for the vets min. But the Plumlee deal seems super odd. This whole off season is a wreck.

NBA lottery pick

So now we move Ariza for Delon Wright. After we drafted a PG and have Derrick Rose. I'm trying to see what Weaver is doing here, because it's really just insane. He really hasn't made any good moves. I'm starting to think this is just a full on tank. But I would have expected a Griffin trade if that was that case.