Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default This draft is sure to have some stars. Superstars even. I still cant get excited.

In the last 5 years of drafts we got at least:

Zion and Ja
    Luka, Trae, and Ayton
    Tatum, Mitchell, Bam, and Fox
    Simmons, Ingram, Sabonis, Jaylen, and Siakam
    KAT, Porzingis, Booker, Dlo
    Embiid and Jokic

And obviously a lot more good players....but like 10 of those guys could end up legendary types.

The worst of those years you still have someone who matters. The worst draft of the last 10 years you still got Giannis, Gobert, and Oladipo.

So someone we will all talk about and follow for a decade plus if not forever will be drafted tomorrow....and I have almost no opinion to offer on anyone.

Not one worth hearing at least.

I read Wade saying Edwards could be better than him like 10 minutes after reading him essentially saying basketball isnt his passion...football is. Might be troubling...but maybe not. AI was a football guy more than basketball but even his haters admit he played hard.

The last Ball brother ive heard could be Penny...or Shaun Livingston.

Ive heard some hype about Wiseman who to me looked like the Clint Capela/Deandre Jordan type but ive barely seen him at all.

One of these guys will end up a somebody but I have no idea who so its hard to take interest.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: This draft is sure to have some stars. Superstars even. I still cant get excited.

Anthony Edwards can score but I dont exactly see superstar. Hes not a great passer but he will def be a 17ppg bucket.

Lamelo is tough to gauge. He looks so lazy. Hes got do it all potential though.

James Wiseman is not Clint capela. Kid is legit big man with unicorn potential skills.

Default Re: This draft is sure to have some stars. Superstars even. I still cant get excited.

Edwards seems more like Waiters to me than Wade.

I hope Lamelo pans out. We need another polarizing star.

Edit: Haliburton could turn out to be the best player on this draft if the right team drafts him. I wish he lands to the Knicks.
    Last edited by raprap; 11-18-2020 at 11:28 AM.

i have a hard time putting weight in the draft this year when a ball brother is projected by some as the first overall

I kinda feel the same way in that there isn't really a clear #1, and not in an Oden/Durant way but in a Bogut and Marvin Williams sort of way. Now granted, that '05 draft ended up having CP, DWill and Bynum but as you mentioned, we didn't know who to be excited about that year. I know for me it also doesn't help that I just don't like watching this brand of basketball. It literally looks like the courts at my college back in the day where people would just jack 3s every other shot and almost no teamwork, just a bunch of individuals. That said, maybe Miami will show people that you can have a balanced team or some big will come into the league that just dominates the post and forces defenses and offenses to change again. I'm just not interested in these 120+ ppg everygame

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Hakkim90cc's Avatar

Onyeka looks like a beast

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce View Post
    Anthony Edwards can score but I dont exactly see superstar. Hes not a great passer but he will def be a 17ppg bucket.

Lamelo is tough to gauge. He looks so lazy. Hes got do it all potential though.

James Wiseman is not Clint capela. Kid is legit big man with unicorn potential skills.
    Wiseman I watched once because I knew who he was with the Penny situation. Like I said I don’t know him really. And now I’m reading the Bulls are trading #4 and Carter for #2 and targeting Wiseman so....shit.

Aleksej Pokuševski is going to make everyone look stupid. 7' shooting guard rim protector with good court vision. Nobody cares about strength anymore anyways. Potentially a weird Euro-Style Durant.

Jokic Stan

Maybe I'm just getting older, but it feels like immaturity is more of a problem than ever when it comes to new players entering the NBA. Could be the social media era has really been engrained in these kids ENTIRE lives so far that it feels like so many of the players aren't professional at all and do things for "views" or "clout". Also the amount of fake or undeserved hype high school players are getting really distorts perspective. It feels like a lot of young NBA fans think "more popular" means better...when it clearly doesn't.

LaMelo Ball would be the pinnacle of this, can't believe ANY team would take him in the lottery...

Default *** 2020 NBA Draft Thread ***

The 2020 NBA draft, on ESPN shortly.

Good luck to your favorite team.

Hope your favorite team's biggest rival messes up badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    In the last 5 years of drafts we got at least:

Zion and Ja
    Luka, Trae, and Ayton
    Tatum, Mitchell, Bam, and Fox
    Simmons, Ingram, Sabonis, Jaylen, and Siakam
    KAT, Porzingis, Booker, Dlo
    Embiid and Jokic
    Did you seriously believe that, Siakam and Jokic were going to be all-stars and future HOF caliber players at the time they were drafted? We can never predict the future, even Kawhi and Giannis were nobody in 2011 and 2013 at the time they were drafted. Perhaps a future top 10 all time player will emerge from this draft class. If we judge by the expectation before the draft, then 2007, 2008 and 2010 draft classes were definitely going to be way better than 2009 an 2011 draft classes.

Default Re: *** 2020 NBA Draft Thread ***

is lamelo really going to go #1?

Cali Love

Feels weird watchin Silver not get booed

Cali Love

Good shit warriors

Wiseman is gon be good

We really gonna get that MJ vs. Lavar matchup.