Default Anyone have experience with T-Mobile?

Thinking of trying their prepaid unlimited at 50 a month. Seems like a good deal since the don’t throttle back as soon as other networks

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone have experience with T-Mobile?

I switched to AT&T out of pure spite when Verizon finally cancelled my grandfathered unlimited plan that my parents had set me up with way back in the day. Apparently I was abusing the plan with 200gb+/month of unthrottled data and they finally got tired of me lol.

But AT&T sucked. I was going to switch to T-Mobile however AT&T offered the elite plan before I could do it. Since I have 5 lines, it's about the same as the regular plan and offers 100gb of data(30gb hotspot) before it gets throttled. Is there anything out there that beats that for under $60/line?

AT&T sucks inside my house compared to Verizon but I bought a cell phone booster off Amazon and now the difference in reception is night and day.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

tmo legit

welcome to the club brotha

Yes, and where I live verizon is the only network that works. I prefer GSM over CDMA but it is what it is...

Been with them for a year or so now. No complaints.

Thought about switching to T-Mobile ever since they teamed up with Sprint, but would be interesting to see if the two companies' signals are truly stronger/faster/better or at least more widespread than other networks. Logic says they would be, but solid info on that would be cool.

Decent college freshman

Welp ended up going with Verizon. T-mobile couldn’t activate my unlocked iPhone and tried charging me a $50 activation fee (fvck out of here) Verizon got me activated for $5 and gave me a $250 gift card

I don't know what they do now, but I use Google Fi, which over a year ago it used T-Mobile, Sprint and U.S. Cellular networks and they phone would automatically switch between the towers depending on the signal strength. After the Sprint merger my phone is usually connected to T-Mobile and is totally fine. I rarely used data (1GB or less a month) becuase I'm awlays on wifi. So I just pay for 1GB of data, unlimited talk/text for $30/month with my Pixel 5.

maybe you should just do it

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode View Post
    I don't know what they do now, but I use Google Fi, which over a year ago it used T-Mobile, Sprint and U.S. Cellular networks and they phone would automatically switch between the towers depending on the signal strength. After the Sprint merger my phone is usually connected to T-Mobile and is totally fine. I rarely used data (1GB or less a month) becuase I'm awlays on wifi. So I just pay for 1GB of data, unlimited talk/text for $30/month with my Pixel 5.
    how many times do you think you've done it?

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    I switched to AT&T out of pure spite when Verizon finally cancelled my grandfathered unlimited plan that my parents had set me up with way back in the day. Apparently I was abusing the plan with 200gb+/month of unthrottled data and they finally got tired of me lol.

But AT&T sucked. I was going to switch to T-Mobile however AT&T offered the elite plan before I could do it. Since I have 5 lines, it's about the same as the regular plan and offers 100gb of data(30gb hotspot) before it gets throttled. Is there anything out there that beats that for under $60/line?

AT&T sucks inside my house compared to Verizon but I bought a cell phone booster off Amazon and now the difference in reception is night and day.
    well at least it's not like all aspects of your plan sucked

how many plans have you had?

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10 View Post
    well at least it's not like all aspects of your plan sucked

how many plans have you had?
    The reception was mediocre the first 6 months with AT&T but for whatever reason, the reception got really bad inside my house. I knew within a week of the signal getting bad I had to do something. I was missing calls from my clients, sometimes I couldn't even call out unless I walked outside. One missed phone call could be worth more than a whole years worth of service. So I had to switch back to Verizon for the sake of business. When I called AT&T to cancel and ask how much I needed to pay in early cancellation fees, they told me about the Elite Plan which cost less than my current plan if I went wireless and auto pay. The agent I spoke to suggested a signal booster. So I told myself what the hell, it's worth a shot. The signal booster worked awesome. Now I get 5 bars almost everywhere in the house. And I almost never go past the 100gb data or 30gb hotspot limit before throttling(partly because I carry 2 phones).

The reception sucked compared to Verizon. That's the main point of the phone. Since I had the grandfathered/legacy Verizon plan, around 2008 I think we got it, I've only had that and the original AT&T plan I had for 6 months and my current Elite Plan.

The grandfathered Verizon plan was the best. I'm still pissed at losing it. Verizon reception is the best out in rural areas and I didn't even need broadband wifi in the house. I'd run everything off my phone's hotspot. My gf could be watching Netflix, I could play Xbox Live and my phone could still be playing music all at the same time without a hitch. I think my biggest monthly data usage on that one phone was 330GB.