Local High School Star

Default Serious responses only - when will the election results be beyond reproach?

I know, people will be argue to argue about this forever. So 'beyond reproach' means sufficient to have most accept the result according to the law.

Some say Biden has won on count.

Trump has legal action underway.

So, what are the milestone dates coming up eg:

unsuccessful legal actions then:
    Jan 20 - handover

When is the George Floyd trial? Plus any other controversial / potential riot inducing events?

When do Trump's legal actions likely finish (assuming appeals)? Can they overturn anything anyway?

Is vegas still taking bets and, if so, what are the odds like?

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Default Re: Serious responses only - when will the election results be beyond reproach?

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer28 View Post
    Is vegas still taking bets and, if so, what are the odds like?
    Predictit still trading dollars for $0.88, sometimes as low as $0.85. https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/3698

Local High School Star

Default Re: Serious responses only - when will the election results be beyond reproach?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Predictit still trading dollars for $0.88, sometimes as low as $0.85. https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/3698
    Thanks, at least 1 response ha.

Election result certification dates:

Georgia: Today
    Michigan: 11/23/2020
    Pennsylvania: 11/23/2020
    Arizona: 11/30/2020
    Wisconsin: 12/01/2020

Then I think the election as a whole is 14th of December.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    Election result certification dates:

Georgia: Today
    Michigan: 11/23/2020
    Pennsylvania: 11/23/2020
    Arizona: 11/30/2020
    Wisconsin: 12/01/2020

Then I think the election as a whole is 14th of December.
    Thanks. Very useful but what about litigation. Any deadlines for that to be resolved because its the presidential election?

Thanks. Very useful but what about litigation. Any deadlines for that to be resolved because its the presidential election?
    Obviously has to be resolved before December 14 when everyone in electoral college starts voting on. I think the absolute last possibility is the electoral college deadline, which is December 23 (APnews). At that point, all the final votes are in so it gets tallied up for new Congress to come in on January 3rd to be sworn in. VP Pence oversees the swearing in on January 3rd as the head of Senate (it's all symbolic from this point and to January 20). On January 6, Congress officially declares who the next president is based on the final tally of electoral college. Then of course the new President/VP is sworn in on January 20th.

So December 23rd is the absolute final day to get the final votes in. I would say that means December 14 would be the court deadline to resolve everything. You can't have cases going while electorals are voting.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

If you haven't seen Trump's head stone yet -

This is what it will say :

I am still in litigation

I am a winner , and my dumpsters can prove it

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Obviously has to be resolved before December 14 when everyone in electoral college starts voting on. I think the absolute last possibility is the electoral college deadline, which is December 23 (APnews). At that point, all the final votes are in so it gets tallied up for new Congress to come in on January 3rd to be sworn in. VP Pence oversees the swearing in on January 3rd as the head of Senate (it's all symbolic from this point and to January 20). On January 6, Congress officially declares who the next president is based on the final tally of electoral college. Then of course the new President/VP is sworn in on January 20th.

So December 23rd is the absolute final day to get the final votes in. I would say that means December 14 would be the court deadline to resolve everything. You can't have cases going while electorals are voting.
    Thanks good logic. Wonder if the legal actions can delay the electoral votes? Injunctions?

Thanks good logic. Wonder if the legal actions can delay the electoral votes? Injunctions?
    I mean I guess you could delay until December 23rd. The states under legal action can wait to vote until December 23rd. Supreme Court might be able to delay until January 3 at the very latest. January 3rd is when new Congress is sworn in, and they declare final vote tally on January 6 so they would need the results after the day when new Congress takes power.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    I mean I guess you could delay until December 23rd. The states under legal action can wait to vote until December 23rd. Supreme Court might be able to delay until January 3 at the very latest. January 3rd is when new Congress is sworn in, and they declare final vote tally on January 6 so they would need the results after the day when new Congress takes power.
    Thanks, a lot of pressure on the legal system and queue jumping to push it through.