Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If you live in California what is keeping you there?

There is a mass exodus from that shithole. Your governor thinks he is a dictator. The only thing we ask of Californians is keep your shitty voting habits away from the outside states.

Local High School Star

Default Re: If you live in California what is keeping you there?

bit direct but seems to expensive for anyone not forced/committed to being there

Business is there, family, rental properties

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

grusome newsome is a bish

But that cali weather thooo

Of my friends and fam who moved out there, that still stay there .....

Sure they say they stay because of weather, beauty, and open minded easy going culture.
    And none of that is false at all.
    It is true.

But what they don't say speaks volumes more ....

They don't say they're staying there by being mercilessly locked into unrewarding careers with annoying phony LGBT/feminist coworkers they hate (despite being progressive educated quasi-stoners themselves) , and they stay in these careers so they can afford the insane high cost of living (which mind you my city is among top 7 cost of living also), and not move back here, and admit to their families that the state of California was ultimately failed by the most unlikely of destructive forces ...... overpowering compassion for people who don't care at all about their own life, and don't care if you care or appreciate their lives either.

It's a giant enabling collectivist money wasting social experiment that has failed miserably.

true shame it had to happen on the prettiest piece of coastline in the USA.
    Last edited by BarberSchool; 11-21-2020 at 01:47 AM.

Chicks on bikinis

I think Walk on Water should move out of California.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

job

Not all of California has great weather, so the state is a bit overrated in that respect. Fortunately, I live in a great weather city near all the beaches. But what's keeping me here, well mainly two things: (1) I grew up here, and I love the diversity of people and cultures/food, and (2) I'm a small business owner in an industry that has grown exponentially since mid March. I only have 3 managers, known them for a long time, and all 3 are conservatives. From my employment history, and a couple years as an owner, I've noticed that the people who will steal from companies are always socialits/communists and left wing liberals...ALWAYS. Conservatives are extremely good employees, and business owners. It's hard to find good employees, managers, and business partners. I know the handful that I trust will always live in California though.

I'm still considering moving next year. I'm thinking Texas, Nevada, or Arizona.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    job
    yup! got that clean 60k a year

king livin baby boiiiiiiiiiiii

Saw a basketball once

Thanks for addressing this topic. I was looking for the information regarding the same yourtexasbenefits.

College star

I live 4 blocks from one of the most spectacular coastlines in the world. And its 70 degrees all year.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

California gets a ton of shit...and maybe in some respects it is deserved...but in reality there are much worse places in the US you could live. Have any of you spent a decent amount of time in Louisiana? Or anywhere in the 'deep south'? Or a farmland state like Kansas?

I've been to Cali several times and had several job offers there, and was close to moving to silicon valley at one point. The only thing that stopped me was the cost of living, and to me that is the single worst thing about the state. Going from Texas to Cali is basically polar opposites in that area. My current home is almost 4,000 SQFT...that would be a multi-million mansion in Cali.

Looking at the real estate there now...it is still going up currently. All this talk about mass exodus...it must be the poor-middle class flocking away, and the wealthy still continuing to move in. That's the only way to explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    California gets a ton of shit...and maybe in some respects it is deserved...but in reality there are much worse places in the US you could live. Have any of you spent a decent amount of time in Louisiana? Or anywhere in the 'deep south'? Or a farmland state like Kansas?

I've been to Cali several times and had several job offers there, and was close to moving to silicon valley at one point. The only thing that stopped me was the cost of living, and to me that is the single worst thing about the state. Going from Texas to Cali is basically polar opposites in that area. My current home is almost 4,000 SQFT...that would be a multi-million mansion in Cali.

Looking at the real estate there now...it is still going up currently. All this talk about mass exodus...it must be the poor-middle class flocking away, and the wealthy still continuing to move in. That's the only way to explain that.
    Guess which party constantly increases the cost of living? If people in your state voted the same way you do, Texas would be just as expensive as California.