Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Prediction: people will be saying Oubre > Klay at times this next season

But don't take it from a guy that doesn't watch

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Prediction: people will be saying Oubre > Klay at times this next season

Will you watch the games to confirm?

Default Re: Prediction: people will be saying Oubre > Klay at times this next season

Bookmarked

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Will you watch the games to confirm?
    Not the whole game... that's a long time for a 3-pt contest

But i'll give the warriors a chance because they move the ball and play a good brand.. I'll tune in casually with a pretty short leash.. I've always gotten fed up pretty quick

But I always liked oubre's style and talent

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post

But i'll give the warriors a chance because they move the ball and play a good brand.. I'll tune in casually with a pretty short leash.. I've always gotten fed up pretty quick

But I always liked oubre's style and talent
    lol oubre's good but he's a bit off black hole on offense so it's not a seamless fit. again you show you dont know what you're talking about when you say you think golden state's ball movement will mesh seamlessly with oubre

this is going to bite you OP.

as a suns fan, oubre suffers from tunnel vision. yes, he has games where he's electric and puts up 25. those games are followed by 4 horrible shooting games bc he chucks even when they're not going in. he's not known for passing eithier, kerr will really have to drill it into his head to pass to the open man bc he loves to shoot the ball even when it's a contested shot and his teammate is open in the corner. absolute bonehead plays.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Speaking of 3 point contests:

Decent college freshman

DUB BOYZ Baby!!!!

Oubre fits just right on the Warriors he is gay as fucc

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    this is going to bite you OP.

as a suns fan, oubre suffers from tunnel vision. yes, he has games where he's electric and puts up 25. those games are followed by 4 horrible shooting games bc he chucks even when they're not going in. he's not known for passing eithier, kerr will really have to drill it into his head to pass to the open man bc he loves to shoot the ball even when it's a contested shot and his teammate is open in the corner. absolute bonehead plays.
    he's got 1.5apg as a ball handler, it's a bit shocking really. definitely the best option out there for the warriors with the tpe since he's young and can improve and they needed volume scoring badly. not a bad defender either and will shoot better from 3 imo.

Supposedly the warriors other target with the tpe was redick. he fits their system really well but he's old with no upside and would get exploited hard by playoff offenses

Like how certain fakkits started saying AD was Kareem last season

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Like how certain fakkits started saying AD was Kareem last season

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    lol oubre's good but he's a bit off black hole on offense so it's not a seamless fit. again you show you dont know what you're talking about when you say you think golden state's ball movement will mesh seamlessly with oubre
    The warriors don't need him to dribble and pass.. he's actually a highly-assisted player with solid catch-and-shoot ability - so his game doesn't inherently hinder ball movement and the warriors won't put him in bad iso situations unnecessarily like phoenix probably did - oubre won't be iso'ing with his head down except in bailout situations where they need him to.

And not all black holes are equal... Wiggins is the guy you should worry about because his handle is less optimal so it's harder for teammates to move around him... whereas Oubre's handle is pure guard smooth at 6'7" and he's getting everywhere with 1 or 2 dribbles... It's completely optimal so teammates don't have to wait or hesitate - it would feel more natural playing with him than when wiggins handles the rock.

A guy like Oubre in the right system and lookout - another pippen? Perhaps with better scoring and less passing?. That's what a good system can do... It might be night and day... I like that draymond will be playmaking and feeding him for threes and slashes.. and Oubre's presence reduces wiggins ball-handling duties.. everything shifts a spot towards optimal

Can curry even rely on him to carry the dubs to the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Can curry even rely on him to carry the dubs to the playoffs
    I agree that Oubre will have to continue his growth... But the historical growth looks solid and I like the pro formas (projections)

This could be a breakout year alongside veteran teammates and a more optimal system.. I think draymond's health is key to the season because we want him with the playmaking duties more than wiggins or Oubre

But Oubre has a legit handle.. so don't be surprised if his playmaking takes a step forward this year alongside curry (a goat closer of possessions)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

homie chill... we're in the same boat. You and me. Focus on other things. Somehow...