Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Prediction: people will be saying Oubre > Klay at times this next season

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    homie chill... we're in the same boat. You and me. Focus on other things. Somehow...
    If we're in the same boat then you must have big things going on this week like I do

Congrats dog. I'm just waiting for the week to get started

Default Re: Prediction: people will be saying Oubre > Klay at times this next season

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    The warriors don't need him to dribble and pass.. he's actually a highly-assisted player with solid catch-and-shoot ability - so his game doesn't inherently hinder ball movement and the warriors won't put him in bad iso situations unnecessarily like phoenix probably did - oubre won't be iso'ing with his head down except in bailout situations where they need him to.

And not all black holes are equal... Wiggins is the guy you should worry about because his handle is less optimal so it's harder for teammates to move around him... whereas Oubre's handle is pure guard smooth at 6'7" and he's getting everywhere with 1 or 2 dribbles... It's completely optimal so teammates don't have to wait or hesitate - it would feel more natural playing with him than when wiggins handles the rock.

A guy like Oubre in the right system and lookout - another pippen? Perhaps with better scoring and less passing?. That's what a good system can do... It might be night and day... I like that draymond will be playmaking and feeding him for threes and slashes.. and Oubre's presence reduces wiggins ball-handling duties.. everything shifts a spot towards optimal
    wiggins actually started passing this year. he can run an offense a little bit though oubre is still a better player. Yes a black holes are created different but the best types are elite shooters. oubre's a good slasher but he shoots only 35% from 3 and you always have to look to pass sometimes when you're a slasher. Ik you think everyone should be like jordan and make contested shots and layups over 2 defenders but 99% of guys shouldnt. a big part of gs' offense is just making the right pass to a wide open big because curry attracts multiple defenders

You didnt watch phx so you're speculating and ofc your point about them is completely wrong. they lead the league in assists because rubio and booker are both so good at running the offense and moving the ball around. oubre was a play finisher but not a special one based on efficiency and booker got the isolations(oubre got a whopping 0.6 isos a game). gs's playmaking is fine with dray and curry but phx's was elite yet his flaws still showed. also, phx did so better in the bubble replacing oubre with bridges who's a young 3 and D guy.

seriously you shouldnt be allowed to talk current basketball when you're too lazy to even look up a few stats or watch a few highlights let alone watch a game. just continue wasting our time listing jordan and pippen's stats from the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    wiggins actually started passing this year. he can run an offense a little bit though oubre is still a better player. Yes a black holes are created different but the best types are elite shooters. oubre's a good slasher but he shoots only 35% from 3 and you always have to look to pass sometimes when you're a slasher. Ik you think everyone should be like jordan and make contested shots and layups over 2 defenders but 99% of guys shouldnt. a big part of gs' offense is just making the right pass to a wide open big because curry attracts multiple defenders

You didnt watch phx so you're speculating and ofc your point about them is completely wrong. they lead the league in assists because rubio and booker are both so good at running the offense and moving the ball around. oubre was a play finisher but not a special one based on efficiency and booker got the isolations(oubre got a whopping 0.6 isos a game). gs's playmaking is fine with dray and curry but phx's was elite yet his flaws still showed. also, phx did so better in the bubble replacing oubre with bridges who's a young 3 and D guy.

seriously you shouldnt be allowed to talk current basketball when you're too lazy to even look up a few stats or watch a few highlights let alone watch a game. just continue wasting our time listing jordan and pippen's stats from the 90s
    The reason it's threadworthy is because it's a prediction most wouldn't make

But I looked at the 35% from three and his 43% mid-range shooting as pretty good given the circumstances

He did that on mostly catch-and-shoot... this is good for the warriors, not bad.. as a big assist target that scored a lot via catch-and-shoot, he played more like klay than you think - and Klay didn't average many assists either

AD looked like he had holes in his game until he linked up with bron-ball... Pippen was nothing without the triangle... We'll see how Curry/Dray-ball impacts Oubre's game... He might look like a superstar... Oubre/Booker/Rubio might not have been much, but Oubre/Curry/Dray and company with a better system might be a winning combination

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

If we're in the same boat then you must have big things going on this week like I do

Congrats dog. I'm just waiting for the week to get started
    If your success's were as great as you paint them, you wouldn't need to gloat about them.

And if you could still achieve them while posting like this... you're on some true GOAT shit.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    If your success's were as great as you paint them, you wouldn't need to gloat about them.

And if you could still achieve them while posting like this... you're on some true GOAT shit.
    My highs have been high

My lows low

You don't know what part of the curve I'm at (peak or trough) when I say I have big things going on this week..

I do have some nice prospects this week, but I could be on the rebound, not necessarily killing it right now

Who knows.. it's a forum... But I can say that I'm looking forward to this week more than any week in the last 3 years

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Like how certain fakkits started saying AD was Kareem last season

3-time NBA All-Star

But don't take it from a guy that doesn't watch
    No they won't Klay is an all time great off ball mover. His skill set is perfect for the warriors and their sytem. Klay and stephs off ball movement and shooting puts an enormous amount of pressure on the defensive. Aimt no defenses really worrying about oubre. That said i do like oubre and he'll definitely be a solid replacement.

No ....... Way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    No they won't Klay is an all time great off ball mover. His skill set is perfect for the warriors and their sytem. Klay and stephs off ball movement and shooting puts an enormous amount of pressure on the defensive. Aimt no defenses really worrying about oubre. That said i do like oubre and he'll definitely be a solid replacement.
    We'll see

You guys were wrong about Ingram

as a big assist target (assisted player) that scored a lot via catch-and-shoot, Oubre played more like klay than you think - and Klay didn't average many assists either
    Last edited by 3ball; 11-23-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Decent college freshman

Not better than Klay, but a great acquisition under the circumstances.

3-time NBA All-Star

We'll see

You guys were wrong about Ingram

as a big assist target (assisted player) that scored a lot via catch-and-shoot, Oubre played more like klay than you think - and Klay didn't average many assists either
    I wasnt wrong about Ingram. Only thing i ever said is he isnt the best player on contender. He'd be a solid third or maybe 2nd option though. As far oubre i do like him alot and i wouldn't be surprised if he has a big year this year. I just dont see him and steph being as dominant as steph and klay were. Time will tell though and i hope im wrong. I strong warriors squad makes the shit more interesting.

Oubre is a low iq player. No chance.

Banned

3ball putting that basketball iq on full display.

Quote Originally Posted by trada7029 View Post
    Lol what? That's two points dude.

Oubre has a bad handle and doesn't pass. If he is counted on to be a perimeter scorer for your team, your offense is probably not going to be good. Absolute no finesse, savvy, or "shake" to his game. His assist-turnover % is HOT GARBAGE. Anyone in the NBA can score 15+ points if they get fed the ball all game and are never expected to pass. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER.

He's hot and has long arms. That's all that is going for him.

As a Wizards fan, I've probably spent more time watching Oubre than anything. He looks like his game hasn't really changed at all since being traded. He's a classic example of a player that looks good and sounds good...but is not good.