Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star

Default Re: This Hawk is going to take the east by storm

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets View Post
    Let em try to make the playoffs first before jumping to the hype train shall we?
    Didn't you jump on the hype train when Brooklyn acquired KD and Irving and D Jordan? The Hawks did not acquire top tier stars like the Nets but they definitely added enough talent to be a playoff team.

Local High School Star JohnnyBravo5's Avatar

Gallenari is going to be the primary scorer on the second unit. Reddish will start at the 3.

Decent college freshman

Intriguing team. They and Portland won the week, in my view. They're definitely positioned to make a move this year.

And if they do get in, you've got Rondo waiting in the wings to steal a series for you.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5 View Post
    Gallenari is going to be the primary scorer on the second unit. Reddish will start at the 3.
    Cam could easily start based on how he was playing in the 2nd half of the season but I would prefer to see Hunter start and feature Reddish and Gallinari in the 2nd unit. He could anchor the 2nd unit like James Hardin in OKC and close out games in the 4th with the starters. The Hawks have a ton of options now and could tweak the] lineups based on the team they are playing.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan View Post
    Intriguing team. They and Portland won the week, in my view. They're definitely positioned to make a move this year.

And if they do get in, you've got Rondo waiting in the wings to steal a series for you.

I really like what Portland did. Covington was a huge get along with some other really good depth signings. They will be in the hunt, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by insight View Post
    Didn't you jump on the hype train when Brooklyn acquired KD and Irving and D Jordan? The Hawks did not acquire top tier stars like the Nets but they definitely added enough talent to be a playoff team.
    Tbh I didn’t jump on the hype train, the team has a lot of flaws actually. But I enjoy witnessing my team becoming a top destination for free agents, it means more to us than just Irving and Durant signing up. It’s a long term process, and there’s a reason why Marks ain’t trading Irving for Harden.

National High School Star tanibanana's Avatar

I smell 6th~7th spot at East playoff seeding. They improved, but they won’t be better than Bucks, Heat, Celtics, Philly and Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    SF: Danilo Gallinari

This is akin to having Paul George on your team. The Hawks are doomed.
    They could make the ECF into he east?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by insight View Post
    I really like what Portland did. Covington was a huge get along with some other really good depth signings. They will be in the hunt, that's for sure.
    Yep. If I had to name one team as winner of FA, it would be Portland. Nothing crazy, nothing flashy, but precise additions of pieces they've needed. If they can finally get healthy for once, with what they've added, they're a legitimate threat in the west for the first time.

Last edited by jayfan; 11-26-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Blazers were nice.

But Hawks may have a pretty large turnaround.