Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default REPORT: Danny Ainge fussed too much around S&T to get Turner and lost out on ALL

Word is, that Hayward was all ready to take the $100/4yr deal with Indiana.
    But Danny haggled over the return. Not agreeing to Turner and McDermott in a S&T.

So how many stars as he let walk for free? LOL

Quote from Loston fans:

A washed up Tristan Thompson and Jeff Teague??? R u kidding me? This is what we have to show for an off season ?? What a disaster!!!

Default Re: REPORT: Danny Ainge fussed too much around S&T to get Turner and lost out on ALL

Lainge

Dude is such a coward. Never pulls the trigger.

Default Re: REPORT: Danny Ainge fussed too much around S&T to get Turner and lost out on ALL

Man... Celtics need to do whatever it takes to retain their draft scouting team. They would be a lottery team if not for hitting constantly in the draft the last few years. Just horrible offseason after horrible offseason.

Good on Tatum for getting that astronomical supermax, but unless another KG/Ray Allen free agency duo decides to join Tatum, he isn't winning shit on that dogshit organization.

Good old Celtics screwing up another off-season by not getting anyone! Great for me as a lifelong Lakers fan

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Good old Celtics screwing up another off-season by not getting anyone! Great for me as a lifelong Lakers fan
    Its fulfilling af. No Loston fans in here defending Danny Da Retard

Made that high school varsity squad

What’s funny is Tristan is better than Myles. They missed out on the trade deadline. They were never going to get anything of value now

They donít like turner that much. He sounds appealing as a rim protector who can space but has a lot of other flaws including being bad in the pnr.

Indiana I think gets hurt more if Hayward was going to agree if ainge worked it out. I really donít think twin towers(unless one is AD) can work well offensively

It is a bad look. Danny is living off that Nets trade. Turner would thrive under Stevens and Danny doesn't get him because he thinks he can swindle other GMs. Came back to bite him in the ass.

I agree with Wally, he's still living on the rep from that Nets trade. His hesitancy comes from needing to win every trade by a country mile and he's missed a lot of opportunities to improve the team because of it.

I wasn't even that wild about the Turner deal because Turner doesn't blow me away; the only thing I like about Turner is that he's already signed for relatively cheap money. I'm okay with Thompson because that's a double-double guy who is a proven commodity on a team where someone else is The Guy. The Ainge miss for this free agency I'm really not happy about is Steven Adams. That's a guy who'd look good in green, would have worked on this team and would have be worth spending a few assets to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka View Post
    I agree with Wally, he's still living on the rep from that Nets trade. His hesitancy comes from needing to win every trade by a country mile and he's missed a lot of opportunities to improve the team because of it.

I wasn't even that wild about the Turner deal because Turner doesn't blow me away; the only thing I like about Turner is that he's already signed for relatively cheap money. I'm okay with Thompson because that's a double-double guy who is a proven commodity on a team where someone else is The Guy. The Ainge miss for this free agency I'm really not happy about is Steven Adams. That's a guy who'd look good in green, would have worked on this team and would have be worth spending a few assets to get.

Thats a big miss for sure. I was hoping Celtics didnt land Adams. TT is a serviceable player but he doesnt really move the needle for you guys.

Steven adams isnít a bad player but heís so overvalued now. Really lost a lot of athleticism and isnít a great rim protector

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku View Post
    Man... Celtics need to do whatever it takes to retain their draft scouting team. They would be a lottery team if not for hitting constantly in the draft the last few years. Just horrible offseason after horrible offseason.

Good on Tatum for getting that astronomical supermax, but unless another KG/Ray Allen free agency duo decides to join Tatum, he isn't winning shit on that dogshit organization.
    What?

They almost made the ECF and would have if Hayward were 100%. They let Horford take big money in Philly, which Philly likely regrets now that they traded him. Kyrie is an odd duck to say the least and has been hurt. Good riddance. Hayward has been injured or playing at less than 100% during his entire tenure with Boston. Meanwhile Ainge has DRAFTED Smart, Brown and Tatum. That is a very good core. He found Theis somewhere in Germany and he has been very solid. We will see how good Pritchard and Nesmith are.

Nesmith was the best shooter in the draft. By a wide margin. Jaylen Brown is 24. Jayson Tatum is 22. They have yet to even reach their respective ceilings. Note: He drafted Tatum after trading the pick to Philly, who stupidly took Fultz and then came back and took the guy he was going to take #1 anyway. That pick ended up being Nesmith.

He recovered from Kyrie by grabbing Kemba and just got out of the contract with Hayward. They lost in the ECF due to lack of bench scoring and veteran help. Now they got Thompson and Teague and Grant Williams is one year more mature. They are likely a 3/4 in the East but by no means are they done or dead.

Saw a basketball once

Neither Stevens not Ainge wanted Turner according to the Boston media. He plays soft and would not help against someone like Bam or the Greek Freak. Thompson does and is a lot cheaper than Turner's inflated contract.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    They donít like turner that much. He sounds appealing as a rim protector who can space but has a lot of other flaws including being bad in the pnr.

Indiana I think gets hurt more if Hayward was going to agree if ainge worked it out. I really donít think twin towers(unless one is AD) can work well offensively
    Turner is better than Tristan tho and much younger

College star

He's overpaid anyway. I would rather have Hassan Whiteside.