Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Is this LeBron's best team ever?

KCP - Shroeder
    Matthews - Caruso
    LeBron - Kuzma
    AD - Morris
    Gasol - Harrell

Looks like it to me

Crazy deep, versatile, talented roster

Balanced on both ends of the court. Even more so than the championship team

No more counting on Kuzma to be a bench scorer

Marc Gasol brings versatility that Dwight and McGee couldn't

Default Re: Is this LeBron's best team ever?

The 2013 Heat before Wade got injured was better imo.

Maybe... This team will be a tough out as long as Lebron/AD are healthy. But especially with Davis health is not a guarantee.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

According to HBK, Clippers are STACKED TO THE MAX. UNSTOPPABLE

So, I'm gonna take his word for it and consider Lakers to be MASSIVE underdogs AGAIN. If LeBron can get another ring against these odds, he will transcend the idea of a GOAT

Dunking on everybody in the park Tobio-Star's Avatar

Pelinka is so good Im starting to think he might be better than Sam Presti. Jesus. Just how?

2 years ago, the Lakers had LeBron and a mix of young and irrelevant players and washed up veterans. He got us AD and when Kawhi tried to finesse them in the offseason, he picked the best "leftovers" and somehow they still won the chip.

This offseason we were supposed to not have any money at all and he might have just gotten LeBron his most stacked team ever.

Imagine Pelinka was LeBron's gm instead of Gilbert? He would have had a chip every single year of his damn career

Dunking on everybody in the park Tobio-Star's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth View Post
    According to HBK, Clippers are STACKED TO THE MAX. UNSTOPPABLE

So, I'm gonna take his word for it and consider Lakers to be MASSIVE underdogs AGAIN. If LeBron can get another ring against these odds, he will transcend the idea of a GOAT
    We will need a new title for him

Quote Originally Posted by Tobio-Star View Post
    Pelinka is so good Im starting to think he might be better than Sam Presti. Jesus. Just how?

2 years ago, the Lakers had LeBron and a mix of young and irrelevant players and washed up veterans. He got us AD and when Kawhi tried to finesse them in the offseason, he picked the best "leftovers" and somehow they still won the chip.

This offseason we were supposed to not have any money at all and he might have just gotten LeBron his most stacked team ever.

Imagine Pelinka was LeBron's gm instead of Gilbert? He would have had a chip every single year of his damn career
    The Lakers have LeBron James and Anthony Davis and they just won a championship. Pelinka is playing this offseason on easy mode.

On paper I think so

We'll see how it jells, could be 65+ squad but it won't cus load mgmt

What's nice about the overhaul is Schroder, Mathews, Harrell will be hungry for hardware. Won't have that champ fatigue

Lebron is still the NBA’s resident Package Master, and the ONLY confirmed big daddy on the Lakers.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku View Post
    The 2013 Heat before Wade got injured was better imo.
    Agree. Also, you have to take into account that many players in the roster are already past their prime. If they were all in their prime we could have a debate.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pandiani17 View Post
    Agree. Also, you have to take into account that many players in the roster are already past their prime. If they were all in their prime we could have a debate.
    Deepest team Lebron has ever played on hands down. Also, only Matthews and Gasol are past primes along with Lebron but Matthews plays like he is 5 years younger and gasol has elite IQ so will still be effective and can pick spots. Morris is 31, Harrel 27, Schroder 27, KCP 27, AD 27, Caruso 26, Kuzma 25 , THT 20.. so that’s the majority of team in prime.

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

only problem is lebron is older now.

they're deep and look great on paper but i dont think so. for one bron was better in 13 and 16. also in the playoffs when your stars play 40min and always have the ball, you cant expect your 3rd and 4th guys to be great so that good depth has less of an impact. we saw that problem with the clippers last year. ad/lebron is still clearly the best duo in the league so I expect them to win.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    they're deep and look great on paper but i dont think so. for one bron was better in 13 and 16. also in the playoffs when your stars play 40min and always have the ball, you cant expect your 3rd and 4th guys to be great so that good depth has less of an impact. we saw that problem with the clippers last year. ad/lebron is still clearly the best duo in the league so I expect them to win.
    "for one bron was better in 13 and 16"

2013 Playoff PER: 28.1
    2016 Playoff PER: 30.0
    2020 Playoff PER: 30.2 <--- better

2013 Finals PER: 29.2
    2016 Finals PER: 33.4
    2020 Finals PER: 33.6 <--- better

"you cant expect your 3rd and 4th guys to be great so that good depth has less of an impact."

The Lakers had that problem last season. They never knew who was going to show up. But they just added better scorers in Schroder and Harrell while retaining their 3rd and 4th scorers from last season in KCP and Kuz. In other words they dramatically improved their scoring prowess and made it more likely that they'll consistently find quality contributions after LeBron and Davis.

I usually hit open layups

LeBron will play less...
    I'm not sold on their defense just yet.
    Also, AD is injury prone.