Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Stop Comparing Active Players with Legends...

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    3ball or random Lebron stans creating threads means nothing. Kobe was compared to MJ 10 years ago. I participated in arguments and tried to pump the brakes and was called a hater. Same as now... But regardless let's say Lebron is the GOAT. Let's wait for his career to finish before calling him that.
    Kobe had no real argument over MJ. LeBron does

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    Kobe had no real argument over MJ. LeBron does
    The argument for Kobe was that his basketball skills were the most developed ever. And there is a real argument to be made that Kobe was indeed more skilled than any other player in history. And even aesthetics are part of it for some people as weird as that sounds. They see the game as an art form and hate watching Dwight Howard play in comparison to the silky smooth Al Jefferson. You can't be the GOAT if you don't have the GOAT skills they say.

That's not the way I view basketball but I respect it. Everyone has their views.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    LeBron is still being compared 10 years later. 3ball is making 3-5 threads on LeBron everyday. This is not the same as comparing Kobe to MJ and you know it
    I discovered social media and started posting in 2014...... basically after Kobe

But before 2014, I would have arguments with people about MJ and Kobe... I even called a radio station twice to bash Kobe.. I feel bad about that in hindsight.. but it made me nauseous hearing mark jackson say Kobe was goat

Why are you and some other people so sensitive to people having opinions? Yes I think Jordan is better than Lebron. Some others think differently. And that's ok. I just used the Jordan/Kobe/Lebron example but it applies to all active players. Let their careers finish before comparing to retired legends.
    Because for the Bron-stans here, he is all encompassing. He is tied to their very presence on this board so they personalize everything. This is also why they start saying that you are making statements that you aren't and this is a prime example. You said nothing about where you think Bron should be ranked but they peg you as a Jordan lover who is scared that someone is going to usurp him. This board is something else...

On topic: I remember those same Kobe/Jordan threads and you are 100% correct in that they looked identical to Bron/Jordan threads. It's also shown here right after someone wins a championship and people go apeshit with DIRK JUST GOT INTO THE TOP 10 or Kawhi is better than lebron now! It's all just silly overreaction and I very much agree that we should let the dust settle to see things with clearer eyes
    Last edited by Dbrog; 11-24-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Decent college freshman

The argument for Kobe was that his basketball skills were the most developed ever. And there is a real argument to be made that Kobe was indeed more skilled than any other player in history. And even aesthetics are part of it for some people as weird as that sounds. They see the game as an art form and hate watching Dwight Howard play in comparison to the silky smooth Al Jefferson. You can't be the GOAT if you don't have the GOAT skills they say.

That's not the way I view basketball but I respect it. Everyone has their views.
    Kobes argument is always a statement like skills or footwork. I rather use the players actual body of work then a few arbitrary statements

Yes I think Jordan is better than Lebron. Some others think differently. And that's ok.
    You practically told people it's not ok and to not talk about it in the OP. Getting sick of your shit tbh.

3ball or random Lebron stans creating threads means nothing. Kobe was compared to MJ 10 years ago. I participated in arguments and tried to pump the brakes and was called a hater. Same as now... But regardless let's say Lebron is the GOAT. Let's wait for his career to finish before calling him that.
    I think 17 years is enough of a sample size to claim LeBron's the GOAT if that's what you believe. Do you actually think we have to wait for Brady or Federer/Nadal to retire before we can call them the GOAT?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I think 17 years is enough of a sample size to claim LeBron's the GOAT if that's what you believe. Do you actually think we have to wait for Brady or Federer/Nadal to retire before we can call them the GOAT?
    Literally every major source has LeBron top 3 at worse. But we should listen to a few loonies on a dead forum who have a retarded take lol

It's different for Brady and Federer/Nadal/Djokovic because they already accomplished much more than any other player in their respective sports. With Lebron if he retired right now with 4 titles I'm not sure his resume holds up to scrutiny 10 years from now. He accomplished noticeably less than other GOAT candidates... as of right now. That's why we should wait for his career to finish because that could change.

It's different for Brady and Federer/Nadal/Djokovic because they already accomplished much more than any other player in their respective sports. With Lebron if he retired right now with 4 titles I'm not sure his resume holds up to scrutiny 10 years from now. He accomplished noticeably less than other GOAT candidates... as of right now. That's why we should wait for his career to finish because that could change.
    What's noticeably less? He has more MVP's, FMVP's, & All-NBA's Teams than anybody outside of Jordan & Kareem, and will be at the top of virtually every statistical leaderboard

3ball calling kobe 'mj 2.0' is kinda clueless or far-fetched af.

Good college starter

There are only 4 real Goat candidates in Nba history and they are

Jordan for his mixture of team success and individual domiance

Kareem for his longevity and scoring and also team success through can be knocked down for only making to two finals and winning one ring in the weakest era in Nba history through you can't really blame for that besides 1973 where Nate locked him up and shut him down causing the Bucks to lose in the first round.

Wilt for his individual success has more records then anyone else and would have almost 40 more if stats were tracked as they were nowadays in his time and also his ability to change roles throughout his career was very close to winning an mvp and title in each role he played truth be told he should have won the mvp in 1972 and 1962 which would have given him 6 MVPs awards for his career

Through Kareem should have won the award the very next year in 1973 which still gives him 6 for his career.

And finally Lebron that's it that's the 4 goat candidates in Nba history and Lebron if he retires today stacks well with everyone on this list besides maybe Jordan

What's noticeably less? He has more MVP's, FMVP's, & All-NBA's Teams than anybody outside of Jordan & Kareem, and will be at the top of virtually every statistical leaderboard
    And Bill Russell...

My point exactly. He has major accomplishments than those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog View Post
    Because for the Bron-stans here, he is all encompassing. He is tied to their very presence on this board so they personalize everything. This is also why they start saying that you are making statements that you aren't and this is a prime example. You said nothing about where you think Bron should be ranked but they peg you as a Jordan lover who is scared that someone is going to usurp him. This board is something else...

On topic: I remember those same Kobe/Jordan threads and you are 100% correct in that they looked identical to Bron/Jordan threads. It's also shown here right after someone wins a championship and people go apeshit with DIRK JUST GOT INTO THE TOP 10 or Kawhi is better than lebron now! It's all just silly overreaction and I very much agree that we should let the dust settle to see things with clearer eyes
    Correct. If you say anything that is not pro Lebron, they automatically label you a Jordan stan. Which is funny because they are the ones who usually bring up the Jordan vs Lebron comparison in the first place.

Whenever I bring up other players vs Lebron, they go quiet as a a piece of cotton falling from the sky. Its as if they only post in this forum to slurp LBJ and tear down Jordan.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Let the dust settle... I remember a decade ago the Jordan-Kobe arguments were everywhere with Kobe getting a lot of love and now Kobe is out of most people's top 10 which is crazy. Let's pump the brakes on Lebron GOAT discussions until his career is done and he's retired from the league for a few years.

Just my two cents.
    most seasoned fans do do comparisons , and in a forum I believe it is a natural thing.
    just as long as it does not go to an extreme level