Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Usa returns to globalization

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I feel over the years how our government has fought each other and threw us citizens to the curb , or making us look like pathetic robotic followers with no brains ; instead of governing us to help us health wise, career wise and family wise has made a mess out of country.
    Biden might be the last chance our government can act bipartisan and get us back to being 'US' as in UNITED and become a legit player on the world stage instead of becoming enemies.
    Amazing post.

I feel over the years how our government has fought each other and threw us citizens to the curb , or making us look like pathetic robotic followers with no brains ; instead of governing us to help us health wise, career wise and family wise has made a mess out of country.
    100% agree, but not only that, they've done everything they can to get us fighting as well, literally saying things to get you to feel a certain way.
    Didn't Trump just have the largest Latino vote ever? Here's the response:

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/stat...29436622540805

Shameless. but they're fighting a huge information war so I can understand why he's doing it. They'll say these things and then the get people on the ground to show JUST how angry the left is. Not organic, groups like Antifa and BLM that you see in the US are created, and the members paid.
    How do you think Antifa protesters went out in Portland for 140 days straight? How do they eat? How do they get bailed out of prison? How do they get money for weapons and safety gear?
    It's not really real and people all over the country aren't really THAT angry, it's a show that wouldn't be happening if there weren't cameras around and if these people weren't organized.

Biden might be the last chance our government can act bipartisan and get us back to being 'US' as in UNITED and become a legit player on the world stage instead of becoming enemies.
    This is where you lose me. You talk as if Biden has been a beacon of light throughout the years and years of partisan politics, which I strongly disagree with.
    He's been part of politics for 47 years, one of the figureheads of the establishment and him and his family have made hundreds of millions of dollars on kickback deals - which is why he was now in the position to run for President.

I'm sorry, I really am, because you seem like a nice enough guy, but I think that for your description "making us look like pathetic robotic followers with no brains", you need to look in the mirror.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't hold it against anyone for being on the left and I'm neutral myself, but you've been played a great trick made possible by new age media technology. I know this because I work with this technology.

Like the oh so bad tariffs, which you've heard about both in the media, maybe on your Facebook and for sure on here are oh so bad, well now they've become good tariffs:

Several trade experts have said that President-elect Joe Biden will likely favor working with allies over slapping punitive tariffs to settle international disputes. But some experts have said Biden may not remove tariffs that Trump has imposed.

“Whether you love the tariffs or hate the tariffs, they have created leverage for United States. (The) United States has raised important questions about the multilateral system, and I hope that this (Biden) administration would use that leverage to get outcomes,” Willems told CNBC’s “Street Signs Asia” on Wednesday.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/25/trum...-official.html
    Last edited by ZenMaster; 11-25-2020 at 04:28 PM.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't hold it against anyone for being on the left and I'm neutral myself, but you've been played a great trick made possible by new age media technology. I know this because I work with this technology.

Like the oh so bad tariffs, which you've heard about both in the media, maybe on your Facebook and for sure on here are oh so bad, well now they've become good tariffs:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/25/trum...-official.html
    A very dumb mistake to continue the trade war. Doesn’t matter who the president is. If Biden were to continue what Trump did, we will suffer the same consequences that followed Trump’s attempt.

“Trade wars are easy to win”
    “We hold all the cards”

It’s an embarrassment people were tricked into believing that.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    Haha such intelligent discourse.

Im rooting fir globalism but who will be the heads of state?

Science shows the chaos it is reaping.
    You aren't gonna fool me with your anti-globalization propaganda.

Stay in your fookin village, you provincial rube.

To expand, without global regulation to government this globalism, how will it be regulated?

Anyways, maybe im being alarmist but evidence is evidence. Even in the usa, states are governed by the fed. Where's this system of checks and balances for the " global entity" and is it legit?

Furthermore, poli-science shows that the countries most promoting globalization are having the most problems. Growing pains? Maybe.

Free trade has always been shown to be the best thing for everyone, i get that.

It's funny, back in the day Willmar was known as the town in Minnesota which had Mexicans. It was true as well, you hardly ever saw anyone Latino anywhere in the rural area, but if you went to the mall in Willmar it was distinctively different. Putting that aside, it's interesting now seeing that little town described as a modern American melting pot, never in my life would I have imagined Willmar getting talked about in the NY times.

It's funny, back in the day Willmar was known as the town in Minnesota which had Mexicans. It was true as well, you hardly ever saw anyone Latino anywhere in the rural area, but if you went to the mall in Willmar it was distinctively different. Putting that aside, it's interesting now seeing that little town described as a modern American melting pot, never in my life would I have imagined Willmar getting talked about in the NY times.

Yes this is happening worldwide. It is what it is. Tribalism is trending and many immigrants don't want to be associated as American or British, etc.

Plus they are hating.

Anywhoo, thats one dynamic but the main one that has been affecting the global economy is the repression of the middle class and the rise of the 1 percent phenomenon. This is the main issue at hand.

The one percent phenomenon and repression of the middle class is what mainly gave rise to Bernie and Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    Yes this is happening worldwide. It is what it is. Tribalism is trending and many immigrants don't want to be associated as American or British, etc.

Plus they are hating.

Anywhoo, thats one dynamic but the main one that has been affecting the global economy is the repression of the middle class and the rise of the 1 percent phenomenon. This is the main issue at hand.B]
    Agreed, I just noticed that because I haven't been to Willmar in ages, but the 1% developed through heavy globalism and people think that's hot shit.

Agreed, I just noticed that because I haven't been to Willmar in ages, but the 1% developed through heavy globalism and people think that's hot shit.
    There's fears of civil wars, revolution and uprisings which is whatever as long as no one ****s with me I am fine with it.