Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Nets Dynasty Manny98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    15,301

    Default I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    I'm usually always the center of attention in life because I am a very charismatic individual.

    But recently there is this other individual who's basically stealing my shine and it's pissing me off massively. Like I have never felt this much anger towards another person in my life.

    I genuinely didn't realize how much I despise the attention not being on me until now

  2. #2
    College star rawimpact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,228

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    You're well on your way to becoming RRR3

    Center of attention because you're a dumbass

    Congrats

  3. #3
    Nets Dynasty Manny98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    15,301

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Again I scored 142 in a official IQ test so im probably the smartest person on this forum

  4. #4
    tf u looking at highwhey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    26,493

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Again I scored 142 in a official IQ test so im probably the smartest person on this forum
    thats actually your blood pressure

  5. #5
    Nets Dynasty Manny98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    15,301

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    thats actually your blood pressure
    You're literally double my weight despite being shorter than me

    You're the last person here to be talking about someone's blood pressure

  6. #6
    NBA lottery pick Shogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,248

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Congratulations on your self-enlightenment. Most will never come to terms with this, most are extremely uncomfortable with this idea, but... everyone is selfish. Every single thing that every single person does... is for themselves. Everything. All of it. 100%. Even seemingly selfless acts are all done in 100% selfishness, I assure you.

    I've never met someone who can accept this, because every time I suggest this to others, they get highly offended and can't comprehend it.

    Let me try to crystallize this for you... an argument I've often heard on this subject... "what about the guys that ran into the twin towers trying to rescue people? That was incredibly brave and incredibly selfless! How can you possibly argue that they did that out of selfishness?"

    It's rather easy if you seek truth rather than comfort... they did it because they would rather give their lives and or risk their lives than walk away from the situation and ignore it. They would rather literally die than walk away and not attempt to help others or think themselves a coward. Helping others makes them feel better about themselves. In other words... they did it for themselves.

    Everything that everyone does is for themselves. Some are just bigger assholes about it during the process. Another thing... everything everyone does... they do it because they think it's 'right.' Rob a bank? I need this money. It's right. Kill someone? I needed to do it, they ****ed me over... it's right. Sometimes their perspective changes later on when their emotions change but they did what they did in that moment because they deemed it 'right.'

    Cue the attacks.
    Last edited by Shogon; 11-24-2020 at 05:17 PM.

  7. #7
    Nets Dynasty Manny98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    15,301

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    Congratulations on your self-enlightenment. Most will never come to terms with this, most are extremely uncomfortable with this idea, but... everyone is selfish. Every single thing that every single person does... is for themselves. Everything. All of it. 100%. Even seemingly selfless acts are all done in 100% selfishness, I assure you.

    I've never met someone who can accept this, because every time I suggest this to others, they get highly offended and can't comprehend it.

    Let me try to crystallize this for you... an argument I've often heard on this subject... "what about the guys that ran into the twin towers trying to rescue people? That was incredibly brave and incredibly selfless! How can you possibly argue that they did that out of selfishness?"

    It's rather easy if you seek truth rather than comfort... they did it because they would rather give their lives and or risk their lives than walk away from the situation and ignore it. They would rather literally die than walk away and not attempt to help others or think themselves a coward. Helping others makes them feel better about themselves. In other words... they did it for themselves.

    Everything that everyone does is for themselves. Some are just bigger assholes about it during the process. Another thing... everything everyone does... they do it because they think it's 'right.' Rob a bank? I need this money. It's right. Kill someone? I needed to do it, they ****ed me over... it's right. Sometimes their perspective changes later on when their emotions change but they did what they did in that moment because they deemed it 'right.'

    Cue the attacks.
    So what you're saying is that we're all narccicists by nature but most of us don't want to admit it because we don't want to come across as an arrogant asshole?

  8. #8
    NBA lottery pick Shogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,248

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    So what you're saying is that we're all narccicists by nature but most of us don't want to admit it because we don't want to come across as an arrogant asshole?
    Precisely. And people don't want to face that about themselves.

  9. #9
    NBA sixth man of the year jstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,466

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    You're not a narcissists, else you wouldn't be considering the possibility. You wouldn't have enough awareness to start considering it.

    The word narcissists has been in a sense hijacked, taken by people to simply mean being in love with oneself, in a harmless kind of way. An image that many people want to give off. But in fact, psychologically a narcissist is closer to a sadist and many criminals. They also tend to have low IQs because that's just kind of the outcome for someone who only considers, gives thought to one thing, themselves.

    If you were a narcissist Manny98, then you wouldn't get outraged by the way Joe Biden touches and makes those little girls feel.

    In fact the lack of self awareness from Joe Biden in the way he touches and kisses little kids in front of their parents and in front of cameras. Or telling that person that he called fat that he won't vote for him because he's too old, when the audience was full of old people. That lack of self awareness, particularly around little kids, that could be the sign of a narcissist. So don't lower yourself to that level.

  10. #10
    Serious playground baller
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    409

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    Congratulations on your self-enlightenment. Most will never come to terms with this, most are extremely uncomfortable with this idea, but... everyone is selfish. Every single thing that every single person does... is for themselves. Everything. All of it. 100%. Even seemingly selfless acts are all done in 100% selfishness, I assure you.

    I've never met someone who can accept this, because every time I suggest this to others, they get highly offended and can't comprehend it.

    Let me try to crystallize this for you... an argument I've often heard on this subject... "what about the guys that ran into the twin towers trying to rescue people? That was incredibly brave and incredibly selfless! How can you possibly argue that they did that out of selfishness?"

    It's rather easy if you seek truth rather than comfort... they did it because they would rather give their lives and or risk their lives than walk away from the situation and ignore it. They would rather literally die than walk away and not attempt to help others or think themselves a coward. Helping others makes them feel better about themselves. In other words... they did it for themselves.

    Everything that everyone does is for themselves. Some are just bigger assholes about it during the process. Another thing... everything everyone does... they do it because they think it's 'right.' Rob a bank? I need this money. It's right. Kill someone? I needed to do it, they ****ed me over... it's right. Sometimes their perspective changes later on when their emotions change but they did what they did in that moment because they deemed it 'right.'

    Cue the attacks.
    You say "cue the attacks" because you KNOW this is a delusional post. Hell, you're likely someone who suffers from NPD among other things. Here's the reality though: Nothing you said was remotely eye opening, thought provoking or even original. Its standard poppycock from a self-absorbed and isolated geek.

  11. #11
    NBA lottery pick Shogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,248

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    You're not a narcissists, else you wouldn't be considering the possibility. You wouldn't have enough awareness to start considering it.

    The word narcissists has been in a sense hijacked, taken by people to simply mean being in love with oneself, in a harmless kind of way. An image that many people want to give off. But in fact, psychologically a narcissist is closer to a sadist and many criminals. They also tend to have low IQs because that's just kind of the outcome for someone who only considers, gives thought to one thing, themselves.

    If you were a narcissist Manny98, then you wouldn't get outraged by the way Joe Biden touches and makes those little girls feel.

    In fact the lack of self awareness from Joe Biden in the way he touches and kisses little kids in front of their parents and in front of cameras. Or telling that person that he called fat that he won't vote for him because he's too old, when the audience was full of old people. That lack of self awareness, particularly around little kids, that could be the sign of a narcissist. So don't lower yourself to that level.
    I don't know why I entertain troll accounts, but you made no argument to counteract anything I said and you gave the exact type of response that I outlined in my post. Your only argument is "just kind of the outcome for someone who only considers, gives thought to one thing, themselves" but my contention is deeper than that. You're looking at it strictly on a surface level. Yes, some people sit there and quite literally do not consider others when speaking or acting on something, and other people do. But the people that do consider others, are still only doing so for themselves. In this instance, 'considering others' is exactly one of the things that makes them personally feel better. You're missing my point. Fairly standard response.

  12. #12
    I am an RRR3 alt Patrick Chewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    26,839

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    thats actually your blood pressure


    You shouldn't talk.

  13. #13
    hypocrits 72-10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,507

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    I'm usually always the center of attention in life because I am a very charismatic individual.

    But recently there is this other individual who's basically stealing my shine and it's pissing me off massively. Like I have never felt this much anger towards another person in my life.

    I genuinely didn't realize how much I despise the attention not being on me until now
    you're certainly one of the better spellers on this here forum

    the number of mistakes you've made can probably be counted on one hand

    on the other hand, no one and I mean NO ONE can fault you for your charm (but yourself)

    some people are so pig-headed about being right about spelling a word when they're actually wrong that they've resorted to fighting about it

    others choose to mock relentlessly when someone misspells one word or when the spelling error is minor; it's inane

    one thing's for sure (and I know this for sure); you can spell words

  14. #14
    NBA lottery pick Shogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,248

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    You say "cue the attacks" because you KNOW this is a delusional post. Hell, you're likely someone who suffers from NPD among other things. Here's the reality though: Nothing you said was remotely eye opening, thought provoking or even original. Its standard poppycock from a self-absorbed and isolated geek.
    I said cue the attacks because most people's level of introspection is completely in the toilet... just as yours... clearly is. And on yet another troll account, no less.

    Gaslighting, trolling and denial all wrapped up in one post. Congratulations, you're an idiot.

  15. #15
    Nets Dynasty Manny98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    15,301

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by 72-10 View Post
    you're certainly one of the better spellers on this here forum

    the number of mistakes you've made can probably be counted on one hand

    on the other hand, no one and I mean NO ONE can fault you for your charm (but yourself)

    some people are so pig-headed about being right about spelling a word when they're actually wrong that they've resorted to fighting about it

    others choose to mock relentlessly when someone misspells one word or when the spelling error is minor; it's inane

    one thing's for sure (and I know this for sure); you can spell words
    I cringed reading this post ngl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •