Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
  1. #16
    sans fan highwhey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    26,542

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post


    You shouldn't talk.
    have you read this kid's posts? he seeks more attention than some women i know and is dumber than a brick. if he took an intro to philosophy course or even picked up a book, A.) he wouldn't have made this thread and B.) he wouldn't be a top 5 jizzrag on ISH.

  2. #17
    hypocrits 72-10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,544

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    I cringed reading this post ngl
    yeah I'm really reaching for new lows all the time

  3. #18
    hypocrits 72-10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,544

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Hey Shogon, you've used a lot of fancy words in this forum thread... what's your IQ? What's your basketball IQ? What's your drumming IQ?

  4. #19
    Nets Dynasty Manny98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    15,375

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    have you read this kid's posts? he seeks more attention than some women i know and is dumber than a brick. if he took an intro to philosophy course or even picked up a book, A.) he wouldn't have made this thread and B.) he wouldn't be a top 5 jizzrag on ISH.
    You're obese

  5. #20
    NBA sixth man of the year jstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,476

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    I don't know why I entertain troll accounts, but you made no argument to counteract anything I said and you gave the exact type of response that I outlined in my post. Your only argument is "just kind of the outcome for someone who only considers, gives thought to one thing, themselves" but my contention is deeper than that. You're looking at it strictly on a surface level. Yes, some people sit there and quite literally do not consider others when speaking or acting on something, and other people do. But the people that do consider others, are still only doing so for themselves. In this instance, 'considering others' is exactly one of the things that makes them personally feel better. You're missing my point. Fairly standard response.
    When I wrote my comment I had not read yours. I clicked on this thread before you posted your comment.

    I was trying to tell Manny that the word narcissists has been romanticized to be something that is not. Narcissism is a particular personality disorder that has at its core a very real lack of empathy. You’re talking about people being out for themselves, I’m talking about people who would take pleasure in a thousand people having their legs snapped if it meant getting a free cheeseburger.

    And then in a more joking kind of way, since Manny created the daily reminded Joe Biden is a pedophile thread, I gave some very real example of how Joe Biden might be a narcissist.

  6. #21
    Serious playground baller
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    409

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    I said cue the attacks because most people's level of introspection is completely in the toilet... just as yours... clearly is. And on yet another troll account, no less.
    You didn't say anything "introspective" though. Its the same nonsense permavirgins adhere to because there is simply no other outlet. You're self-centered and lack empathy because the only relationship you have is with your computer. Projecting your insecurities and shitty dogma is just par for the course.

    Gaslighting, trolling and denial all wrapped up in one post. Congratulations, you're an idiot.
    You deleted your reply just to repost more delusional crap. Not only do you lack originality, but are passive-aggressive too. Its a message-board, chief. Stop overthinking it.

  7. #22
    2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,114

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    should we hodl off on thinking westbrook averaged a triple double?

  8. #23
    Nets Dynasty Manny98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    15,375

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    When I wrote my comment I had not read yours. I clicked on this thread before you posted your comment.

    I was trying to tell Manny that the word narcissists has been romanticized to be something that is not. Narcissism is a particular personality disorder that has at its core a very real lack of empathy. Youíre talking about people being out for themselves, Iím talking about people who would take pleasure in a thousand people having their legs snapped if it meant getting a free cheeseburger.

    And then in a more joking kind of way, since Manny created the daily reminded Joe Biden is a pedophile thread, I gave some very real example of how Joe Biden might be a narcissist.
    I've been told by many people that I lack emphathy as well

    I find people that are emotional and cry over the littlest things incredibly annoying
    Last edited by Manny98; 11-24-2020 at 06:30 PM.

  9. #24
    Presented by YouTubeTV SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,930

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    Congratulations on your self-enlightenment. Most will never come to terms with this, most are extremely uncomfortable with this idea, but... everyone is selfish. Every single thing that every single person does... is for themselves. Everything. All of it. 100%. Even seemingly selfless acts are all done in 100% selfishness, I assure you.

    I've never met someone who can accept this, because every time I suggest this to others, they get highly offended and can't comprehend it.

    Let me try to crystallize this for you... an argument I've often heard on this subject... "what about the guys that ran into the twin towers trying to rescue people? That was incredibly brave and incredibly selfless! How can you possibly argue that they did that out of selfishness?"

    It's rather easy if you seek truth rather than comfort... they did it because they would rather give their lives and or risk their lives than walk away from the situation and ignore it. They would rather literally die than walk away and not attempt to help others or think themselves a coward. Helping others makes them feel better about themselves. In other words... they did it for themselves.

    Everything that everyone does is for themselves. Some are just bigger assholes about it during the process. Another thing... everything everyone does... they do it because they think it's 'right.' Rob a bank? I need this money. It's right. Kill someone? I needed to do it, they ****ed me over... it's right. Sometimes their perspective changes later on when their emotions change but they did what they did in that moment because they deemed it 'right.'

    Cue the attacks.
    I agree that a LOT of people are very selfish & self absorbed, and I'm sure everyone acts selfish in some ways. But I've known people who are definitely selfless and consistently think about and do things for other people. If you want to argue the semantics that they do it to make themselves feel good, so be it, but their acts and behavior on their own is definitely not selfish

  10. #25
    hypocrits 72-10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,544

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    have you read this kid's posts? he seeks more attention than some women i know and is dumber than a brick. if he took an intro to philosophy course or even picked up a book, A.) he wouldn't have made this thread and B.) he wouldn't be a top 5 jizzrag on ISH.
    too much reality, or too much tv?

  11. #26
    hypocrits 72-10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,544

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    You're obese
    I really need to lay off the pistachios, giving me stomach cramps

    ftr I've realized that my posts in this thread might have taken on an air of condensation and might cause me to be villified among the forum community. At least there's no element of gross stupidity.

  12. #27
    College superstar Proctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,457

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    You say "cue the attacks" because you KNOW this is a delusional post. Hell, you're likely someone who suffers from NPD among other things. Here's the reality though: Nothing you said was remotely eye opening, thought provoking or even original. Its standard poppycock from a self-absorbed and isolated geek.
    Where would pretending to be an AAU coach to impress a bunch of strangers on a message board rank on the "delusional" spectrum? Clown.

  13. #28
    2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,114

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Where would pretending to be an AAU coach to impress a bunch of strangers on a message board rank on the "delusional" spectrum? Clown.

  14. #29
    NBA sixth man of the year jstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,476

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    I've been told by many people that I lack emphathy as well

    I find people that are emotional and cry over the littlest things incredibly annoying
    Interesting, can you elaborate more on why some people say you lack empathy.

    There's nothing wrong over finding people who cry over the littlest things annoying.

    But back to being a narcissist. A narcissist would not, in 1000 years make a thread about liking a girl, and then admitting failure with her. A narcissist would never in 1000 years admit to being a virgin. A narcissist would not be comfortable in saying those things. You Manny98 are the opposite of a narcissist. You're a good person.

    Random narcissism video:


  15. #30
    NBA lottery pick Shogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,248

    Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

    Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I agree that a LOT of people are very selfish & self absorbed, and I'm sure everyone acts selfish in some ways. But I've known people who are definitely selfless and consistently think about and do things for other people. If you want to argue the semantics that they do it to make themselves feel good, so be it, but their acts and behavior on their own is definitely not selfish
    My argument isn't based on semantics. I'm not playing word games. I'm expressing the objective truth of the matter.

    Yes, the acts and behavior are definitely not selfish... on a surface level. Clearly, that is true. But only on a surface level. It's not semantics. It's truth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •