Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post

You shouldn't talk.
    have you read this kid's posts? he seeks more attention than some women i know and is dumber than a brick. if he took an intro to philosophy course or even picked up a book, A.) he wouldn't have made this thread and B.) he wouldn't be a top 5 jizzrag on ISH.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    I cringed reading this post ngl
    yeah I'm really reaching for new lows all the time

Hey Shogon, you've used a lot of fancy words in this forum thread... what's your IQ? What's your basketball IQ? What's your drumming IQ?

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    have you read this kid's posts? he seeks more attention than some women i know and is dumber than a brick. if he took an intro to philosophy course or even picked up a book, A.) he wouldn't have made this thread and B.) he wouldn't be a top 5 jizzrag on ISH.
    You're obese

NBA sixth man of the year jstern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    I don't know why I entertain troll accounts, but you made no argument to counteract anything I said and you gave the exact type of response that I outlined in my post. Your only argument is "just kind of the outcome for someone who only considers, gives thought to one thing, themselves" but my contention is deeper than that. You're looking at it strictly on a surface level. Yes, some people sit there and quite literally do not consider others when speaking or acting on something, and other people do. But the people that do consider others, are still only doing so for themselves. In this instance, 'considering others' is exactly one of the things that makes them personally feel better. You're missing my point. Fairly standard response.
    When I wrote my comment I had not read yours. I clicked on this thread before you posted your comment.

I was trying to tell Manny that the word narcissists has been romanticized to be something that is not. Narcissism is a particular personality disorder that has at its core a very real lack of empathy. You’re talking about people being out for themselves, I’m talking about people who would take pleasure in a thousand people having their legs snapped if it meant getting a free cheeseburger.

And then in a more joking kind of way, since Manny created the daily reminded Joe Biden is a pedophile thread, I gave some very real example of how Joe Biden might be a narcissist.

Serious playground baller

I said cue the attacks because most people's level of introspection is completely in the toilet... just as yours... clearly is. And on yet another troll account, no less.
    You didn't say anything "introspective" though. Its the same nonsense permavirgins adhere to because there is simply no other outlet. You're self-centered and lack empathy because the only relationship you have is with your computer. Projecting your insecurities and shitty dogma is just par for the course.

Gaslighting, trolling and denial all wrapped up in one post. Congratulations, you're an idiot.
    You deleted your reply just to repost more delusional crap. Not only do you lack originality, but are passive-aggressive too. Its a message-board, chief. Stop overthinking it.

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

should we hodl off on thinking westbrook averaged a triple double?

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    When I wrote my comment I had not read yours. I clicked on this thread before you posted your comment.

I was trying to tell Manny that the word narcissists has been romanticized to be something that is not. Narcissism is a particular personality disorder that has at its core a very real lack of empathy. Youíre talking about people being out for themselves, Iím talking about people who would take pleasure in a thousand people having their legs snapped if it meant getting a free cheeseburger.

And then in a more joking kind of way, since Manny created the daily reminded Joe Biden is a pedophile thread, I gave some very real example of how Joe Biden might be a narcissist.
    I've been told by many people that I lack emphathy as well

I find people that are emotional and cry over the littlest things incredibly annoying
    Last edited by Manny98; 11-24-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Presented by YouTubeTV SouBeachTalents's Avatar

Congratulations on your self-enlightenment. Most will never come to terms with this, most are extremely uncomfortable with this idea, but... everyone is selfish. Every single thing that every single person does... is for themselves. Everything. All of it. 100%. Even seemingly selfless acts are all done in 100% selfishness, I assure you.

I've never met someone who can accept this, because every time I suggest this to others, they get highly offended and can't comprehend it.

Let me try to crystallize this for you... an argument I've often heard on this subject... "what about the guys that ran into the twin towers trying to rescue people? That was incredibly brave and incredibly selfless! How can you possibly argue that they did that out of selfishness?"

It's rather easy if you seek truth rather than comfort... they did it because they would rather give their lives and or risk their lives than walk away from the situation and ignore it. They would rather literally die than walk away and not attempt to help others or think themselves a coward. Helping others makes them feel better about themselves. In other words... they did it for themselves.

Everything that everyone does is for themselves. Some are just bigger assholes about it during the process. Another thing... everything everyone does... they do it because they think it's 'right.' Rob a bank? I need this money. It's right. Kill someone? I needed to do it, they ****ed me over... it's right. Sometimes their perspective changes later on when their emotions change but they did what they did in that moment because they deemed it 'right.'

Cue the attacks.
    I agree that a LOT of people are very selfish & self absorbed, and I'm sure everyone acts selfish in some ways. But I've known people who are definitely selfless and consistently think about and do things for other people. If you want to argue the semantics that they do it to make themselves feel good, so be it, but their acts and behavior on their own is definitely not selfish

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    too much reality, or too much tv?

You're obese
    I really need to lay off the pistachios, giving me stomach cramps

ftr I've realized that my posts in this thread might have taken on an air of condensation and might cause me to be villified among the forum community. At least there's no element of gross stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    You say "cue the attacks" because you KNOW this is a delusional post. Hell, you're likely someone who suffers from NPD among other things. Here's the reality though: Nothing you said was remotely eye opening, thought provoking or even original. Its standard poppycock from a self-absorbed and isolated geek.
    Where would pretending to be an AAU coach to impress a bunch of strangers on a message board rank on the "delusional" spectrum? Clown.

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Where would pretending to be an AAU coach to impress a bunch of strangers on a message board rank on the "delusional" spectrum? Clown.

NBA sixth man of the year jstern's Avatar

I've been told by many people that I lack emphathy as well

I find people that are emotional and cry over the littlest things incredibly annoying
    Interesting, can you elaborate more on why some people say you lack empathy.

There's nothing wrong over finding people who cry over the littlest things annoying.

But back to being a narcissist. A narcissist would not, in 1000 years make a thread about liking a girl, and then admitting failure with her. A narcissist would never in 1000 years admit to being a virgin. A narcissist would not be comfortable in saying those things. You Manny98 are the opposite of a narcissist. You're a good person.

Random narcissism video:

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I agree that a LOT of people are very selfish & self absorbed, and I'm sure everyone acts selfish in some ways. But I've known people who are definitely selfless and consistently think about and do things for other people. If you want to argue the semantics that they do it to make themselves feel good, so be it, but their acts and behavior on their own is definitely not selfish
    My argument isn't based on semantics. I'm not playing word games. I'm expressing the objective truth of the matter.

Yes, the acts and behavior are definitely not selfish... on a surface level. Clearly, that is true. But only on a surface level. It's not semantics. It's truth.